Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

My disagreement is with Reaper's Due. Sure, its a lot of flavor in the disease/execution system, but its still good flavor and gives the game a bit more personality. What it lacks is that it doesn't have the one mechanic to buy and abuse like Jade Dragon (China gifts), Monks & Mystics (Hermetics/Satan), and Legacy of Rome (Retinues). Also, its a game wide DLC, which counts for a lot if you have zero interest in playing some area of the map. Mechanically, the prosperity system is also a nice boon. It at least gives you the option of not sticking your capital in the same like 4 spots, even if the extra holdings event is rare. This it the DLC that also added the rare as hell immortality events, and who doesn't want to have a highlander duel with another immortal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

I'm glad I started the "Reapers Due is a good DLC" faction.

Bakanogami posted:

I think opinions on Conclave were split depending on if people liked to start as a king/emperor or a count, as well as if you try to roleplay at all or if you try to gamify it and just expand. If you're working your way up from the bottom, there's all sorts of shenanigans you can get up to by getting on your lieges council and calling in favors and such, and all sorts of interesting story drama to be had by giving you more consideration for who to put on your council than just stats.

If you're already at the top, though, the council becomes an irritant to your rule that tries to block you at every turn, making it more difficult to declare wars and act tyrannical, as well as sticking a negative modifier on all the vassals you can't find room for.

Shattered Retreats and Defensive Pacts both hit in the Conclave patch, which people hated and gave the DLC at bad name.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Here are a couple of UI mods that I've used in the past. They're all likely to explode due to the UI changes in Holy Fury, so I wouldn't use these on day 1.

The patch notes mentioned UI scaling for 4k monitors so these might not be as helpful as before, but in case it doesn't work, here are a couple of mods that expand the size of the interface so you don't need to scroll all the time.
Bigger Interface for 1080p resolutions
Somewhat Bigger Interface for 1600x900.

Century Gothic Fonts a collection of mods that change the various fonts in the game to Century Gothic, which is what Stellaris uses. I used the Tooltip font for a while and appreciated that it was a little bit larger and more easily readable. This is probably the only mod that will work on day 1 of Holy Fury.

Theatrum Orbis Terrarum a complete UI overhaul that gives the map more of an atlas feel.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Fat Samurai posted:

Now to get myself killed in another duel and that will fix this problem.

So congrats on your immortal undefeated duelist. Or more likely your armless legless blind incapable duelist who has seemed basically immortal for past 50 years of this regency.

I'm not at home and not able to play yet. Are you able to save Random World settings? I'm gonna always generate animal kingdoms so if I don't need to scroll through multiple times it'd be great.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Just churned through about 4 leaders in half an hour down in Africa. Glad my initial character popped out like 6 kids. Finally stabilized on a relatively ok leader.

Highlights included a no-contest in a border dispute followed by getting assassinated days after. At least the vassal who did it was discovered, so I could rip some titles away the moment my 6 year regency ended.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

I like being able to save rulesets, but I'd love to rename them, even if it was just like max 8 characters due to the graphics. Or let me add a description in the tool tip. If I leave the game for a while, I always wonder "why did I save rules this way again?" I have two default ones for my search (unmarried women and dudes willing to join court), but other two are a mystery to me every time.

Edit: Game rules for me are generally "as much random as possible" so I really only use 1 set, but the same idea applies there. It'd be nice to know what exactly Rules 2 is supposed to be doing instead of havlving to read the selected options to figure out.

I am hella PEEVED fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Nov 14, 2018

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

My wife pointed out to me all I did while playing yesterday is mutter under my breath "gently caress this dude", "gently caress you", "gently caress off", and "who the gently caress are you". Most of thst was probably in response to plots, people asking for land off, and elders slandering me. Still a great game after all these hours if i still do that.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Asproigerosis posted:

am I a coward if I take off shattered retreat? It's absolutely miserable crushing a stack only for them to lose maybe 20% and having to chase them around instead of sieging.

If you make the wrong call and lose that first battle you'll risk getting ping-ponged to death. I turn shattered retreat off, but you are playing with fire if you do so.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

I was kinda dissapointed to see humans in my random world. For those of you like me, I found just the mod to fix that: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1565407223

Now I'd just appreciate a couple more animal portraits so its easier to keep track of who's who.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

The most we got regarding new/no new dlc is a "no comment at this time" in the latest Dev Diary.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Restarted my Africa game now that I'm not throwing leaders into the blender known as combat. I also wasn't dumb enough to click the "make your quick daughter currently being trained in Intrigue with an Intrigue Stat already higher than yours at age 12 ambitious and your rival." I really need her to start thinning out some layabout sons. I wasn't going to go Enatic Clans, but she is making it tempting. I mean I could bribe elders, but I do have actual things to spend my limited gold on, especially as the Abbasids did just take over most of North Africa.

I am hella PEEVED fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Dec 6, 2018

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

I appreciated the first week or two before they cut the combat events by 80%. I was churning through bad heirs and people who hated me.

Also good heirs and people who liked me.

Oh and multiple limbs per leader.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

chaosapiant posted:

I've tried doing the "tutorial island" thing with Ireland a few times while watching YouTube vids, but I end up just getting bored and moving on to another game.

Ireland is nice to learn how to find things in the UI and understand some boring catholic mechanics. Once you get to "United most of Ireland and kinda understand how to push claims from invited courtiers" leave it. Go join the 1066 Spain thunderdome. The King of Leon has a bunch of Islamic neighbors ripe for holy warring, strong claims to his brothers Catholic kingdoms, and a high Intrigue score and is first or second in line of succession for those kingdoms.

I am hella PEEVED fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 10, 2019

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

chaosapiant posted:

I’ve tried the tact of “just playing” but without knowing what my options are, I don’t know what to push. I can just mash buttons, and I have, but then when things happen I can’t tell if I caused it or not.

All the tutorials on YouTube always feel out of date, just watch whatever someone's most recent start for Holy Fury is and try to pick up tips from that. You might be able to strike gold in twitch, but it's been a while since I watched those streams so I don't have anyone to suggest.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Have there been any mods to expand on Random Worlds? The only one I have is the "Only Animal Kingdoms" mod. I generally run the Suez canal mod for those games so if India does look interesting I'm not completely detached from the world.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

My 75 year old Irish King was in the middle of a war to take a chunk out of England. He became infirm (along with having some other negative health modifiers). The game heard my prayers and allows him to live one more year so I could win the war.

The finger on the monkey paw curled over as well giving him about 9 more years during which his genius heir got killed. Thanks CK2!

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

ElGroucho posted:

I think this game might have ruined other strategy games for me.

It has for me. Ill realized it (and had mentioned) earlier in the thread but my actual wife was wondering if I was upset as I kept muttering under my breath "who the gently caress are you" and "gently caress off" during a trying time in a African game I was playing. Everyone wanted a piece of the 4 year old child during a hell regency and hellish early reign. Ended up reforming the faith, though I didn't get to forge an empire due to cash problems.

Edit: I know I sound like a crazy person/goons.txt,but I never had a game absorb my attention and time that much.

I am hella PEEVED fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 10, 2019

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

bunnyofdoom posted:

I'm wrapping up my Irish Empire first time for babby run*. I have Legacy of Rome, and Way of Life. What should I do next? I am a basic bitch who is just learning.

Join the 1066 Spanish thunderdome. King of Leon and his 20ish Intrigue along with being pretty close in the line of succession for the kingdoms his brothers have give you some options. Any of the other brothers are good too as everyone has claims on everything. Oh and you can always go holy warring for the rest of the Iberian peninsula if you don't want to beat up other Catholics.

I am hella PEEVED fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jun 11, 2019

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Leave Sunset Invasion enabled, you can turn it off in the game rules. But just play with all the DLC, you gotta learn it eventually and it'll be easier to take it all in at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Ohhhhh. Yup. I'm at 775.

The proper Ireland start is in 1066. The earliest start date isn't really that great as Ireland.