Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Arbite posted:

Good.

Does that have colour-blind mode, and if not is there any word on if this will?

No and there's probably not gonna be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Kaza42 posted:

I like how you can see the jumps in medieval 2's player count when big mods update or release

I know this is a given for fans of the franchise, but seeing how Rome 2 and Three Kingdoms performed....Medieval 3 (when they announce and launch it :3) will 100% be their most popular game to date, by a huge margin. I really hope they stick the landing on that.

Arbite posted:

That's a shame.

It is, and I've started pestering PDX devs about it.

Ham fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Aug 12, 2020

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Torrannor posted:

I have a ton of Medieval 2 playtime, it's by far my most played historical TW game. But mainly because I played the Third Age Middle Earth mod to death. They can release Medieval 3, it will never replace Total Warhammer 2 as my most played TW game.

Total Warhammer 3 will probably have that honor then.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

a fatguy baldspot posted:

for those of us at work, anything new?

A lot more demonstration of the scheme system which is quite robust, a good preview of combat with the emphasized terrain effects, they got schooled by the AI in war. And a whole bunch of fuckery.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Dallan Invictus posted:

These two things are very related.

But watching that cascading series of avoidable fuckups was very Losing Is Fun, I think? CK was always the Paradox series that understood that idea the best.

2 gold :cripes:

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

a fatguy baldspot posted:

good, hopefully they've also given catholics some way to expand into other catholics so you dont have to play a game on the frontier to get into lots of wars.

Claim shenanigans is the premiere way of expanding for christians and I hope they don't change that - sure, it's less frequent than holy wars but that makes sense for the era.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!
Regarding post-launch content:

quote:

Question 7: What kind of content can we expect post-launch?
Our DLCs will be split between Flavor Packs and Major Expansions.
- Flavor Packs - SRP $6.99: in-game content focused on a theme or a region.
- Major Expansions - SRP $29.99: larger, meatier expansions with content and mechanics to expand and enrich your experience.
- Free Updates: As usual, each Major Expansion will be accompanied by a free update that will provide new features, fixes and changes to improve our players’ experience.

If you are familiar with Paradox Development Studio games, you surely have realized that we will start with a Major Expansion for CK3 at a slightly higher price point than those of our previous titles. This is due to the fact that we want to spend more time on our CK3 expansions and deliver bigger DLCs with better, more exciting content and well-enhanced mechanics.

From this, I'd expect these flavor packs to drop frequently (2 packs a year) with one yearly major expansion.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

AnEdgelord posted:

Sounds similar to the Stellaris model which was Game release>story pack>expansion>story pack>expansion>etc. with the expansions having most of their gameplay overhauls as part of a free update with special content reserved for the paid expansion

Stellaris community has been pretty happy with it so far even if specific updates are occasionally unpopular, it would make sense that Paradox would want to replicate it elsewhere

That's probably the order they go for but I'm wondering about the cadence. Stellaris actually had fairly long dev times for pretty much everything, with any one year costing you at most $38 if you got all the content on release. If we assume two flavor packs and one expansion per year for CK3, that puts it at $44 per year. Of course, the team sizes working on those games are probably very different, and it may as well be that there's more people putting time on CK3's (presumably) yearly major expansions, but it'll be a tough pill to swallow for the fanbase. Who knows, maybe it'll be 16-18 month dev times afterall?

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Major Isoor posted:

On Steam? Weird. Since all I get is "This game is not yet available on Steam. We'll notify you when it is available". I'm SURE it was purchasable a while back, though. Ah well, I'll just have to keep an eye out

It should still be purchasable unless some weird regional restriction is affecting it: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1158310/Crusader_Kings_III/

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

ilitarist posted:

They laugh and seem to be having a good time. I hold no animosity towards them. They probably went for "your slightly drunk friends show you the game" vibe.

That's exactly the vibe they're going for and they're doing it well, showing off a ton about the game in an approachable way, and demonstrating the game at its best: as an unpredictable absurd story-telling engine.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Veryslightlymad posted:

Crusader Kings 3: Thread Title Lost on Succession.

Has to be this :golfclap:

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

ilitarist posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-a9U0-EboQ

The last video tutorial is here.

Hope let's plays are quick to follow

There's still more of these coming, he said the next one will cover military.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!
Kingdoms & Generals' second video, covering the 1066 start. Great watch for finding interesting rulers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW91dnqSsAo

Ham fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 20, 2020

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Major Isoor posted:

Nah, I haven't actually seen any of their streams, etc. I just read The Sword of The Cid a while back, is all. And I remember reading that El Cid's beard was so magnificent that even the king was deeply impressed by it, haha (it also hadn't been pulled by any man, which was apparently something of a feat in those days)

Not sure if you preordered it on Paradox Store or not, but they've commented on it and it turned out to be a problem with the age rating for Australia and New Zealand. No timing on a fix, but they'll honor existing preorders from those regions.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/update-on-australian-and-new-zealand-pre-orders.1412102/

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Veryslightlymad posted:

OK, I watched the newest stream, and one thing I'm really excited about is touched on right at the end: If you have a spouse that is of a local culture and you're of a foreign culture, you could get events that fire where the Spouse helps mediate disputes for you and so on.

Yeah that's cool, it's part of the better spouse integration at court where they actually matter and do stuff in your court so long as they're unlanded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

AnEdgelord posted:

do we know when streamers and youtubers will be allowed to start putting out their videos?

No, not for sure. Personal guess is on Tuesday.