Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
A note about Conclave: the steam reviews for it are rather negative. However, this isn't an accurate reflection of the content of the DLC. The negative reviews are almost entirely a response to some changes that were introduced in the free patch released alongside Conclave, which in turn have been significantly revamped since then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
A title being held by an infant is +50 to the claim calculation, enough to offset the base reluctance.

So if you really want a claim, you can get it by stabbing enough people, you know, the way you solve all your problems in CK2.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

twistedmentat posted:

Time for me to make the Pope my BFF.

The pope is also much more amenable to granting you a claim or sanctioning an invasion if the target is a child and especially if they're a toddler. (+25 acceptance if a child and +50 acceptance if they're a toddler) So stabbing through a line of succession until you get to a baby is a nice strategy.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Wolfechu posted:

Thanks - I'll have to check when I get home, but I know my current guy is at over 7000 prestige, because I'm trying to nudge it up to 8000 to form an empire. It's likely the existing ambition bloodline then, as there's been one in the family for centuries at this point.

2) I've seen cases like that, where it's someone backing a plot, but generally you can right click on their portrait and say 'stop backing plot' instead of 'end plot' and it'll sort itself out. I'll have to see if I get one of these specifically again. I know there was at least one where I had maybe a 1-2% chance to imprison, didn't want to deal with a rebellion at the time, and couldn't ask them to stop because it wasn't clear what they did wrong.

That guy, of course, got stabbed to death, which also clears the 'can imprison' alert.

Another common thing that leads to imprisonment justifications that isn't immediately obvious on the character sheet is if they were caught cuckolding you. Check your opinion of the courtier, a number of big opinion maluses go along with imprisonment justifications.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Avalerion posted:

Are saints currently bugged? Got a bunch of popups from the pope, and the people do get Blessed as part of their name, but got no bloodline and they don't show up in the religions saints tab either.

Blessed is the step before they can become a Saint. The aren't listed anywhere and they don't spawn a bloodline, you get the notification if it happens to a dynasty member or someone in your realm. A blessed can become a saint later, but attaining sainthood is pretty rare, seems to happen to about three characters a century across the whole of Catholicism on average, at least in my game. The exact mechanics are here.

Pakled fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Nov 26, 2018

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Soup du Jour posted:

Playing my first game of HF and the Children’s Crusade was just victorious. Is this... common?

It seems a lot more common than it probably should be, based on peoples' reports. In my game, it was stuck in Genoa for like three or four years before finally making it out and into Greece and then the Holy Land, and despite the huge delay, they won.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I dunno when you last looked into opinion on Monks & Mystics, but when it launched, Satanist societes were super overpowered. They've been toned down a bit since then, made more of a "high risk high reward" thing instead of just being "kidnap and murder anyone you want super easily." The other, still ongoing problem with Monks and Mystics is that secret religious societies tend to snowball to insane sizes in large realms and if you don't occasionally set your court chaplain to hunt for apostates, you will eventually have a situation where like, you're England and half your vassals are secretly Sunni and at that point it's a massive headache to correct. It can be fun if you roll with it, but it's also rather silly, even by CK2 standards. Luckily, you can turn off secret religious cults with a game rule if that's to your liking. Overall, I love the addition of societies.

Jade Dragon is fun but if you're not within diplomatic range of China (basically anywhere from Constantinople eastwards, unless China gets really aggressively expansionistic) then I don't think it adds anything.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

twistedmentat posted:

Okay, now that i know how to uncover plots, what do I do about them? I can't imprison the plotters, because I have an tiny chance of that working, and plotting to kill them takes too long and his hit or miss.

In addition to asking them to stop as The Cheshire Cat said, trying and failing to imprison them isn't necessarily a bad thing. If they're a landed vassal, if you try and fail to imprison them for any reason, they'll rise up in rebellion against you. These wars are usually super easy unless like, they're a mega-powerful vassal or there's some other war going on. When you win the war, they automatically become imprisoned by you and you can revoke two titles of theirs tyranny-free.

Be aware, though, that any other vassals of yours that they're allied with can join them in the war, but after the war's over, you have an imprisonment reason against them too.

If they're not a landed vassal and you fail to imprison them, they flee to a foreign court where you can't imprison them and so your options are more limited.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

twistedmentat posted:

I'll do that next time the Duke of Meth gets uppity. It's always that guy who has the strongest plots againsts me. Though Duke of Munster had a 99% plot strength against that that included his wife, his mother, and all his kids, but nothing ever happened.

I keep trying to change sucession, but the council keeps blocking me. I check on why, and its because they're all malcontents and Zelots and don't want any change, So I replace them with new people, and uh same thing!

Dammit, I want Absolute Monarchy to be a thing.

When you're replacing council members from the council screen (the one you get from the "empty council position" notification, not the one where you assign councillor's tasks), you can see the predicted council attitude of an appointee, and you can mouse over the attitude icon and see the reasons. It's slightly flawed because it doesn't take into account the opinion boost you get from appointing them to council, which is a particularly big factor for powerful vassals, but you can be sure that anyone who shows up as a loyalist in that menu will be a loyalist when appointed.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

luxury handset posted:

is your council still voting on the law? just clicking the button doesn't pass the law if your council can vote on it

Yeah it takes a couple days for the vote to conclude

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

twistedmentat posted:

No I passed it. The button was shown pushed in on the law screen. Like this was years after I passed it.

Oh you might not have title revocation allowed under your realm laws, that's a separate category from your council's authority on the matter.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Vengarr posted:

Also got screwed because my previous ruler had ruled for the 10 years needed to change inheritance laws, and had no unhappy vassals, but still couldn't change the laws. (It had an X next to "Has reigned for 10 years" for over 15 years). Are female rulers not allowed to change inheritance laws?

Did this previous ruler create the Empire of Abyssinia? Because I think when you create a new higher-tier title, the 10 years thing resets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Palemdromes posted:

As a lovely semi unrelated side note, I’m glad the Christchurch maniac referred to himself as a “remove kebabist” so I have an irrefutable example when I call out lovely paradox forum posters for that overused garbage “joke”

The Paradox subreddits have all banned kebab jokes and in general gotten more serious about policing islamophobia for just this reason.