Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

the question with Holy Fury is what should I do first? pagan glory? crusading? pagan crusading?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

binge crotching posted:

I really want to see how much crazy money merchant republics can make now.

reformed pagan merchant republic that uses the MAD TRADE ROUTE MONEYS to go crusading?

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

I made a random world to mess around, just out of curiosity, and here's a screenshot from it:

There's a lot going on here. And yes, my character is an egg; that's what dragon children get, apparently. That egg is 13 years old.

that's a hedgehog. this character is a hedgehog.

Radio Free Kobold fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 13, 2018

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

how does this even happen

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

i did a massive Duchy of Antioch (turned Kingdom of Jerusalem, turned Outremar Empire...) run a while back and it really is better to just let the AI run things after a certain point. like, tagswitch to some minor (or major) duchy in some part of the empire and tend cabbages or club egyptians or something.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

my first run in Holy Fury started as the Saxons in 768, Charlemagne start. I think his name was Theoderic? The Grand Chief of Saxons, with the sacred tree and everything. Well there was this one-province county feudal guy right next door so i figure hey, free castle, that'll come in handy. Declare war, raise levy, march over and start seiging it. So his army comes up and fights mine but during the battle one of the new events fires, something about an enemy cavalry charge just absolutely wrecking my flank of the battle and my options were to run like a bitch (and get Craven) or fight the enemy commander mano-a-mano. Well gently caress benig Craven i might have a whopping 3 martial and a towering 6 personal combat skill but I am not a pussy. So I duel the enemy commander and win and right as I'm about to say "IT'S OVER! YIELD OR D--" he fuckin whacks me with a sword and we both die.

well that's cool, this guy was like 50 years old and he sucked so i'll just play as his son. carry right on with the siege...

except not even six months later i start getting muscle cramps and a fever and vomiting and oh no i've got the flu. i've got a really bad flu. i'm bedridden with influ--i'm dead.

game over
your score: 3

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Patrat posted:

Also the idea of sub Saharan matrilineal dragon tribes is a lot of fun.

i know what i'm doing next

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

this event is literally just "you die."
there's another random event in battle that's just "ur maimed now lol"
what the gently caress

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

ThomasPaine posted:

yeah best not let low martial/personal combat guys lead armies. I quite like the realism tbh. If you send your fatass 0 martial slothful dullard into battle it's entirely reasonable to expect them to get hosed up.

e: ah. didn't see your stats. Yeah, it's pretty dumb for that to happen there. I guess in a way still realistic though!

that's my main complaint, really. it's fine for leading armies to gently caress up dudes who really shouldn't be doing that, but this guy is basically built to gently caress poo poo up on the battlefield and going "lol u die" without even the option to mitigate it is awful. if anything this should be like one of those new battlefield events that has a 'normal' choice (usually bad end) or a choice available to high martial characters to either avert it or force a duel.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

jwalrus posted:

Is this pretty common now? Because it just happened in my Trebizond game--we were in the middle of one of our yearly civil wars (as you do) when I looked up and there was a 10K stack sitting in Constantinople. Next thing I know, we're all subjects of the Khagan, who promptly dies. Then his son (I think) decides to settle as Emperor and suddenly we're back. The "Basileus" is a Tengri Khazar, but so far he's been pretty chill about the whole thing, and instead of themes he's giving out duchies now. Game is good.

this is the most byzantine thing i have read all week.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

I remember reading somewhere that they're adding a bunch of new features to the engine in Imperator: Rome. Something about having actual dev tools instead of having to script absolutely every goddamn thing.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Tagswitch to Sweden, start a war for it, then tagswitch back.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

why is everyone in my reformed germanic kingdom a secret slav

well now that you reformed it with a book and a viking pope it's not cool anymore

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

holy god all the persian portraits are so ugly. knobbly noses, fat faces, literal pube-neckbeards. does anyone know a mod to fix this?

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Coolguye posted:

all that said the game kind of abuses the term 'levies' because obviously you get stuff like cavalry, heavy infantry, pikemen, etc from the levy system and you build poo poo like combat stables, barracks, etc to get them. if you are a cavalryman or a pikeman in the middle ages you are absolutely not a part time soldier. those are professional armies that serve the ruler on a full time basis. the game just puts them under the levy system because the game is complicated enough as it is thanks.

you could probably model this using the Retinue system. Rework all the buildings to provide retinue capacity (maybe retinue cost discount?) and make levies provide exclusively light infantry and archers to bulk out a force.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Technowolf posted:

For those of you wondering about the various animal cultures, here's the various bonuses and penalties they get:

• Horse +10 Clan Sentiment +20 Mongol Opinion

• Cat +25% Fertility -5 Vassal Opinion +20% Murder Plot Power

• Bear Can eat prisoners +15% Morale of Armies +10 Personal Combat Skill

• Hedgehog Can always raid for loot +25% Fertility +20% Plot Power Defense

• Duck Can always raid for loot +25% Fertility +20% Siege Speed

• Dog +25% Fertility +5 General Opinion

• Elephant +2 Learning -25% Fertility +2 Health -20% Plot Power Defense +10 Personal Combat Skill

• Dragon Can always raid for loot. +10% Demesne Income -50% Fertility +4 Health -10 General Opinion +30 Personal Combat Skill Can burn prisoners

Mongols love horses, cats are treacherous fuckers, and ducks will rape you. How very true-to-life.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Is there a mod that adds more names and fluff to the randomized/shattered worlds? I don't know if its my mods being fucky but I tried an Animal Kingdoms world and all the dogs, cats, dragons, etc. all have the Smith dynasty name. Different heraldry so it's probably just 'smith' being the only valid dynastic name.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Things like that are why I wish there were some mods for the Random/Shattered World features.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Fuligin posted:

sorry if i come off as testy, but central asia and pastoral nomadism are a central area of research for me and it's exhausting how much accumulated cultural baggage is hung on the "steppe savages" myth
tell us some more.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

you should switch to gavelkind succession, then have two dozen kids
then for the finishing touch, destroy the empire-level title.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

I'm playing the Charlemagne start and it's about the year 870 now. Orthodox has been entirely supplanted by Iconoclasts, both Romuva and Germanic have reformed, Catholicism has reached 0% Moral Authority and is detonating into at least three separate simultaneous heresies. Francia has split into its usual bordergore self (Five overlapping kingdoms), there are "So-and-so's Host" 1000-ish stacks of raiders led by landless schmucks everywhere (sacking all the temples and cratering MA), the Saxons have stolen the entire low countries, Tengri hordes have conquered the reformed-romuvan Lithuanian kingdom, and the Abbasid Blob (ruled by a series of teenage girl caliphs) is about the only part of the world that isn't a complete and utter shitshow. I'm pretty sure the Pope is a member of a satanic cult.

So my question to you is, how do I destroy a primary empire-level title, such that it fractures into its constituent vassal kingdoms? I've already tried using the console to grant myself a spare imperial title, then the title in question; trying to destroy the title in question by making the other empire my primary didn't work.

Radio Free Kobold fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jan 27, 2019

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

If by "Full holding loss" you mean "Being held by a landless schmuck", then i already tried that; used the console to give the empire in question to some random kid and it just gave him the empire.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Die a Glorious Death" is always the correct choice

Here's a picture of western Europe.
It's heresy. Heresy everywhere.

Radio Free Kobold fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jan 27, 2019

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Don't know, don't want to know :psyduck:

Disillusionist posted:

What are fun ways to play a Satanic ruler? I just joined as a 16-year old; my previous experiences all came with older rulers who died before I had much of a chance to mess around with the mechanics.

Are there any negative repercussions to being in a Satanic cult (or any religious cult) as a ruler? I imagine my Court Chaplain can't have me killed. I'm playing as the Fylkir, too, so I am my own religious head.

Use Tainted Touch to give people black syphilpox. Use demonic possession to force your rival to do everything you tell him, like revoking all his titles. Use Demonic Impregnation to birth the literal antichrist.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

i should do a merchant republic game one of these days. i've never done one.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

oh gently caress, HIP got updated for Holy Fury.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Skypie posted:

Welp just wasted a ton of time vying for a claimant on a county in Wales only to discover that the win condition didnt include him being my vassal AND he refuses vassalization because we aren't the same religion and I'm not his liege. :negative:

Rule #3 of Crusader Kings - The "Plot To Kill" button solves all problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

My favorite thing to do is buy favours from half the council (usually the unimportant members), start a vote to reduce council power, instantly win due to favours, and then replace the councillors.