Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I think I might try a randomized map with full absurdity first. Just roll the dice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

OneTruePecos posted:

Torn between viking ducks and simon pure catholic crusader ducks.

How are the animal kingdoms going to work marriage/education-wise, I wonder? Like, can I make a duck who thinks he's a bear?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

binge crotching posted:

Assuming there isn't any kind of marriage prevention code in the new common/cultures/99_animals.txt (there isn't in the current version), you can make any combination you want.

Best. Expansion. Ever.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Some of the randomized religions/cultures are :black101: as heck, it's gonna take me ages to decide on one

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

So it turns out if you're an animal ruler and take concubines from other species, you can have children of other species with them. I'm a cat duke, and now have a human daughter named Angry and an elephant son named Mr. Bigglesworth. This expansion owns.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Came home to a dead pc, this is the worst timing :smith:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Crusader Kings 2: THE WRONG KID DIED

Can smell-blind characters inherit?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

So, a Windows reinstall and a new graphics card later, I'm finally able to tackle Holy Fury. But I'm so paralyzed with indecision about where to start that I've pretty much spent the last hour hitting the Random Character button over and over :smith:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Captain Mediocre posted:

What's the best way to blow up a mega-Francia from outside? Once they get the empire title gavelkind doesn't help you out anymore and it just seems frustratingly stable.

Plot to kill the emperors, one after the other, have your chancellor sowing dissent in the capitol and your spymaster sabotaging it. Few decades of that and things should destabilize somewhat.

Started a Denmark game yesterday after getting bored (and constantly crusaded on) as Slavic Poland. Already formed Scandinavia, and just need one more holy site to reform the faith- any recommendations on setting it up? I was thinking bloodthirsty gods and meritocracy, but wasn't sure what would be best for the other two options.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Last night my ruler died in battle, and his 11-yo daughter (only child) inherited. His wife/her mom was pregnant at the time of death, and gave birth to twin boys a few months later. I got the pop-up I had a new heir, but also the "no heir for your dynasty" warning, and when I pulled up my new brothers to see what the problem was, I saw they were actually part of my mother's dynasty, and of her culture, not mine. I guess because the dad was dead at the time of their birth? It ended up not being an issue, because my character started pumping out babies the minute she turned 16, but I thought it was a little odd.

Also what determines if someone's made a saint or not? Because I had a guy who had basically every virtue, no negative traits, prestige and piety both over 10K, was head of the Dominicans and bffs with the pope, and was known as "the Missionary", and I didn't get squat.

Crow Jane fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Dec 5, 2018

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

What causes retinues to not join together when you try to add to the stack? It seems to happen to me every so often, and it's pretty annoying.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Did you leave them on raiding mode? Raiders can’t join with non-raiders.

Nah, I'm playing as a Catholic, so no raiding. I have a couple different kinds of troops in there though (I think a few knights, a few shock troops and a defense one), could it be something weird with that?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Volkerball posted:

It shouldn't. Only other thing I can think of is if one stack is movement locked heading to another county, it can't be merged with units that are stationary in that county.

Actually yeah, this is probably it, thanks. Might have to switch movement lock off in the future.

E: but I think I remember it happening before Holy Fury too? Just seems to glitch every so often

Crow Jane fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Dec 7, 2018

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Just went to set up a shattered world start, and I feel it's my duty to inform the thread that there's now an "Animal World" option, where humanity's been wiped out and only animals remain. I think that's new?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Technowolf posted:

Is that different from Animal Kingdoms?

Yeah, Animal Kingdoms still has people here and there

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Sindai posted:

Where? I don't see it.

You have to click on the culture button a few times in the shattered world menu

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Doltos posted:

Things like this make me wish for more portraits/fantasy races and an easier map editor. I'd love to have a kingdom of man vs skeleton, the ancient rivalry born anew

The Mythos mod is okay for this, but the few times I've played with it the world has quickly become overwhelmed with zombies and/or vampires.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Has anyone had their lodge's renown progress bar freeze up? Mine's been stuck at full ever since my first guy died, even though his heir was also a top-ranking member. I've had things carry over smoothly before, and I'd really like to have a bloodline

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

lurksion posted:

Apparently bugged so only the first filled renown bar can fire the following events

Communist Walrus posted:

There's a mod on the workshop to fix this, though I'm not sure if it works with games in progress

Thanks guys, but booo nonetheless. That game was going really well, too :smith:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

New dev diary: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...20190301_for_dd

The wonders sound like they're gonna be really cool.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Jedit posted:

How am I meant to mend the schism as Byzantium? It says I have to completely control the county of Constantinople, and that I don't.

I think the Hagia Sophia maybe technically belongs to the Patriarch, and you may have to kick him out (and then give it back once the schism is mended so he doesn't hate you)? I may have been playing a Hellenic game when I did that though.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

fuf posted:

e: any other no-brainer improvement mods like Better Looking Garbs?

Your Personal Castle is good. I've messed around with Flogi's Buildings and Technology as well, and while it adds some cool stuff you can get a little too op for my tastes.

Crow Jane fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Apr 23, 2019

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I tend to use Business a lot in the early game, especially if I'm playing as a tribal. Counterfeit cash is pretty helpful.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I cannot for the life of me get the GoT mod to work for some reason. Tried rolling back the update version and disabling a few of the recent DLCs, and it still crashes once the progress bar on the loading screen is full :smith:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

chaosapiant posted:

So as a man who has a very tenuous handle on the game's mechanics, would it be worth it to start playing tutorial style games with zero DLC, just to wrap my head around the "base" game? Or is this a game that, similar to Civilization, is altered so much with the DLC that I'd need to re-learn it all anyway?

I'd recommend using Way of Life at least.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

It might be interesting to have a few pockets of Celts in Ireland or Scotland if they went with an earlier start date.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Has anyone ever had a mystical treatment go well? I feel like I've gotten sicker every time I've picked it, which is honestly kind of hilarious.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Well, after waaay too many hours in this game I had something new happen last night. My ruler had picked up Lunatic somewhere along the way, but was otherwise pretty good; a fair, wise emperor who just occasionally turned into a wolf and killed people. The "ritual hunt" event fired, and my guy figured out they were actually hunting him, though the rest of the party didn't know that yet. Being a decisive man, he turned into a wolf and killed them all, and no one was any the wiser :allears:

Bön is pretty fun, just wish there was more than one society to join. I reformed with the Unyielding/Meritocracy/Divine Marriage/Temporal combo someone suggested a few pages back, and it's been a blast so far. My vassals are starting to get hella inbred, might actually play this one til endgame to see how terrible I can make things.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Hunting should be renamed dog-having as the dog is really the thing you want it for.

It's also good for the quick, attractive "of the Wilds" characters you get to take back to court with you occasionally.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

ToxicSlurpee posted:

...don't gently caress the woods babe.

She has syphilis. She always has syphilis.

Eh, gotta die of something :shrug:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Make the woods babe your concubine if that's a thing you can do. Even if she gives you the clap, you might get an heir with good traits out of her, and she can make a pretty good court tutor and/or council member, depending on your tech. Plus hey, you can always have your physician throw some bees at you or cut your hand off to cure your junk.

Got the Alexander bloodline event over the weekend. Holy poo poo, that's op as hell for a decently sized realm. Which is probably why I got it with only fifty years left to go in the game :negative:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

I land my heirs and get real offended when they try to kill me

I had a wonderful heir today, genius, diligent, great stats. I gave him Greece, and he got loving rabies. He had a scholarship focus, I don't even know what he was doing.

He was studying the effects of rabies on himself :shrug:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

New dev diary.

Combat seems like it's going to be a lot more dynamic this time around.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Looks like Sword of Islam is free on Steam this weekend, if anyone doesn't have it.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

New dev diary, about buildings this time.

It all sounds pretty good, getting kind of excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Tatsuta Age posted:

I FINALLY GOT THE IMMORTALITY CHAIN TO WORK! WOOHOO!
Man, I feel like the only time that event pops up for me is either when I have a thoroughly mediocre ruler that I'm just sort of waiting to die, or one who's missing multiple body parts and is hated by everyone :smith: