Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

DeathChicken posted:

I tossed out the reigning monarch to put a crony on the throne, only for that crony to fall into an immediate and giant revolt.

One of my favourite ways to destabilize my rivals. Especially when you convert the claimants to your religion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-128-the-iron-century-finale.1180582/

Iron Century out May 28th!

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

chaosapiant posted:

Can't see this page cuz I'm at work. Is this new DLC, or just that new starting age they were talking about?

Kinda both, it's treated as free DLC, I'll copy the text:

quote:

Good evening, or morning, or potentially afternoon. First off, I am happy to announce that if everything goes as planned we will release Patch 3.2 with the Iron Century bookmark on Tuesday. Yes, this Tuesday. The 28th of May. So for today's DD we will take a look at some of the remaining things we've added, starting with 5 new decisions.

Brother’s Legacy: For those who want to take up the legacy of Mardavij, we have added a special decision for his brother Vushmgir. This will give you a claim on Mardavij’s old regions as well as convert Vushmgir and any of his family to Zoroastrianism. In addition, you will receive Mardavij’s new bloodline, if you choose to pick up Zoroastrianism.

Local Traditions of Rus: For the Norse Germanic rulers of Kievan Rus, it might be a good idea to turn to the local traditions (see Russian culture and Slavic faith) if you want better relations with your vassals. If Yngvar isn't played by a player, the AI will choose to use this decision at game start.

Bulgarian Empire: This is not actually for the 936 bookmark itself, as… Well… There already is a Bulgarian Empire there, but rather for the fans of Bulgaria who want to recreate history in the earlier bookmarks.

Establish Cairo: As you might know, Cairo wasn’t actually an important city at the start of our bookmark. Or the two earlier bookmark start dates (see 769 and 867) either. It was not until the Fatimids invaded the Ikhshidids and took control of the region that they established Cairo as the capital of their Caliphate, and quickly built it up over a couple of years. Similarly, if you play as the Fatimids and invade Egypt, you get to make Cairo a special city as well! Congratulations! Woo!

Establish Castle Habsburg: For those of you who are particularly interested in weirdly shaped jawlines, we have added a decision to form Castle Habsburg. If you play as anyone of the Etichonen dynasty and hold the province of Basel, you will have the decision to establish the Habsburg castle. All close (living) relatives of the founder in question will become a part of the new von Habsburg dynasty.

Now then, onward to the new bloodlines we are adding. One of the goals when adding these was to try and keep them pretty insular for the 936 Bookmark, so you'd rarely see them outside of it. We've added 6 new ones, and we'll start with the three pretty generic ones:

Now onwards to the two special Muslim ones. Both the Shia and Qarmatian Leadership makes it easier to create the religious head titles, skipping several requirements for the holder.

And finally, the Otto the Great bloodline. Princely Elective Boon makes any holder of the bloodline more likely to be picked by vassals as the new Emperor in a Princely Elective system. You receive this bloodline if you manage to form the HRE as Otto.

And finally, the changelog for the new patch:

I am excited to see what people will say about the new bookmark on Tuesday. Have fun!

Patch notes:

code:
###################
# Free Features
###################
- New Bookmark
    - 'The Iron Century', set in 936
- New Cultures
    - Sardinian
    - Slovieni
- New Shiite Heresy
    - Qarmatian
- Map Reworks
    - Portugal and south-western Spain
        - 2 New Navigable rivers
        - 1 New Duchy
        - 3 New Provinces
    - Egypt
        - The Nile has been made navigable
        - 7 New Provinces
        - 3 New Duchies
- Added 3D models for Hagia Sophia.

###################
# Interface
###################
- Changed the previous Great Work shortcut in the great Works view to B from P in order to be more consistent with other views.
- Fixed the Great Works ledger page being present even if the Game Rules were set to not include Great Works.

###################
# User modding
###################
- Added NUDGE_WONDER_MODEL_LAND and NUDGE_WONDER_MODEL_COAST Lua defines.
- Added destroy_wonder effect.
- Added set_wonder_model effect.
- Fixed the wonder view modifier text lacking a newline when used in single column mode.
- Resuming wonder no longer checks is_active triggers.

###################
# Database
###################
- Corrected the position of the docks in Ceredigion so that it is now connected to a body of water.

###################
# Bug Fixes
###################
- Non bastard children now correctly uses their biological father's base attributes, instead of the default value, when calculating their yearly chance to increase their base attributes when growing up.
- Corrected the positioning of the Notre Dame Great Work model.
- Adjusted the brightness of the Cathedral Great Work texture.
- Reduced the size of the Cathedral Great Work model by 20%.
- Fixed clicking on the minimap to move the camera not working properly with GUI scaling.
- Fixed assassination plot event description incorrectly using the word poisonous instead of venomous.
- Fixed the highway robber band event not targeting Great Works in the character's demesne before Great Works in neighboring provinces.
- Fixed a faulty trigger in the decision for converting to tribal holdings to castles.
- Fixed an issue with the event to convert Hagia Sophia, which would cause the Great Work to not be active for Muslim rulers.
- Fixed an issue that stopped the Golden Crown Feature from showing up in the list of available Features for a stage 4 Statue Great Work.
- Fixed building the Moat Pit Feature on a Great Fortress enabling the other moat Features to be built on any Great Fortress.
- Fixed building the Bells Feature on a Great Cathedral enabling the Golden Bells Feature to be built on any Great Cathedral.
- Fixed Great Works Features that require a stored relic to be active, being active just from any relic being stored in any Feature owned by the same owner.
- Fixed moat Features for the Great Fortress not being visible in the available Features tab until the Pit Moat Feature was built.
- Fixed a crash caused by corrupted Great Works in save games.
- Fixed court size modifiers on buildings in the capital province not being applied.
- Fixed tooltips on buildings outside of the capital province claiming that they should provice a court size modifier.
- Fixed the Hagia Sophia conversion event triggering even though its culture already matches your religion.
- Rename messages should no longer be listed in the message settings.
- Retinue size is now also calculated from character modifiers.
- Moved retinue size modifier in Palace Great Work to owner scope.
- Slightly reworked order of operations for calculating max retinue cap.
- Homosexual female lovers are no longer referred to as male.
- Made sure event about mystic dying has the right border decoration.
- Newly built Great Work features no longer always get statue descriptions.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

After the End to me is the best mod for emergent gameplay/story in my opinion, I wish I could explain why.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Crow Jane posted:

New dev diary, about buildings this time.

It all sounds pretty good, getting kind of excited.

That holding art is something else. Loving it.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

They're looking better with each dev diary. I'm really liking the switch to 3D portraits so far.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I hope CK3's Byzantine mechanics ditch the feudal aspects for something unique.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

ulmont posted:

Judge Dredd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcRt3YUbN0k

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck3-dev-diary-11-seduction-torture-and-the-intrigue-perk-trees.1316277/

new dev diary.

quote:

Welcome and welcome back to all!

This week I’m here to tell you all more about Intrigue: it's not just an act, it's a Lifestyle.

As covered in a previous dev diary, each character Skill has a Lifestyle, and each Lifestyle has three associated Focuses and three Perk trees, which is what we'll be diving into today.

Keep in mind that all values listed below are subject to change!

For Intrigue, the three focuses are:

Intrigue Lifestyle Focuses.PNG
[Skulduggery Focus — Agent Acceptance: +10, Intrigue: +3]
[Temptation Focus — Fertility: +25%, Attraction Opinion: 10, Seduction Scheme Power: +20%]
[Intimidation Focus — Intrigue: +2, Dread Gain: +10%, Natural Dread: +20]

Each perk tree — Schemer, Seducer, and Torturer — concludes with the unlocking of its namesake trait. I know this might be an insurmountable challenge, but feel free to guess which is which:
intrigue lifestyle traits.png
(Ah, is there any greater torture than the desires of the heart...)

I'll also be running down the effects of every unlockable perk that leads to those, and I'm naturally going to start by talking about the Temptation focus, that eternal vice, and the Seducer tree, but first I want to describe its closely related Seduce Scheme.

The Seduce Scheme

Seduction is a little more complicated than it was in CK2, with factors such as the target's personal preferences playing a larger part. Indeed, Scheme Power is not merely affected by your Intrigue, but who you are, and who they are.

That also means that you have to be a little careful. If a target gets annoyed rather than enticed, and you suffer a Critical Failure, they may give you a hard rejection - preventing you from attempting to Seduce them again - or even publicly out you as the lecherous villain you are!

Seduction Rejection.PNG.png

The Seducer Tree

So how will the Seduce tree help you? A few Perks offer straightforward bonuses by increasing your Scheme Power or making you more attractive to those of an appropriate gender and sexuality.

enticing opportunity tt.PNG
[Enticing Opportunity — Seduction Scheme Power: +30%]

smooth operator tt.PNG
[Smooth Operator — Seduction Scheme Success Chance: +25%]

home advantage tt.PNG
[Home Advantage — Seduction Scheme Success Chance against own Courtiers and Guests: +50%]

Others may expand your pool of... available targets.

subtle desire tt.PNG
[Subtle Desire — Removes the Incestuous penalty from your Seduction Schemes]

Just to be clear, this affects the Scheme, not the relationship. If you're caught getting too close to family, you will still suffer consequences.

Similarly, if you find your own sexual preferences getting in the way of who you can Seduce efficiently, there are ways you can overcome that:

unshackled lust tt.PNG
[Unshackled Lust — Removes your attraction penalties in Seduction Schemes]
(There’s no way of overcoming your target’s sexual preferences, though. I’m sorry, but your liege is Just Not That Into You.)

There are perks to help a different kind of “effectiveness” in your Seduce Schemes:

like weeds in a garden tt.PNG
[Like Weeds in a Garden — Fertility: +30%]

And perks to mitigate the consequences of messing up:

graceful recovery tt.PNG
[Graceful Recovery — You can no longer Critically Fail Seduction Schemes]

Ah, the number of times I have desperately needed the Graceful Recovery perk...

Bringing a Lover to your court doesn’t come entirely risk-free, of course, so we also have a Perk to minimise the risk to you, at the unfortunate cost of maximising the risk for them:

Mortal adoration tt.PNG
[Mortal Adoration — Your Lovers are less likely to join Murder Schemes against you. Lovers are more likely to save you in case of attempted Murders.]

What can I say? Not every love story has a happy ending.

The final perk in the tree is the one that grants you the Seducer trait. It comes with increases to Intrigue, Fertility, and a hefty boost to Attraction Opinion for anyone who finds themselves unfortunate enough to be of the relevant sexual orientation. Rulers of the world, lock up your wives! And husbands! And family members! Maybe also yourself for good measure!

Torture

Of course, Intrigue does not merely embody pleasure, but also pain. I'm happy to announce that the fan-favourite of "Torture" is going to be making a return for CK3.

What is it good for? Well, being Dreadful, for one thing, making your vassals fear you. Another benefit is the possibility that a victim will try to bribe you with Secrets to get you to stop. You're going to need those Secrets for leverage anyways, since the victim's family will hold you in utter disdain. Being an avid torturer also comes with a Piety penalty and a loss of Clergy opinion (unless your Faith happens to make exceptions for this kind of thing…).

torture interaction.jpg

The Torturer Tree

Now, we wouldn't let you take the pliers to flesh without giving you a way of getting really good at it, would we? The Torturer tree is all about making your vassals and peasants fear whatever might be going on in your dungeons! Or in your throne room. Or in your presence in general.

It has a series of Dread-increasing effects, as well as adding bonuses to various sources of dread.

dreadful tt.PNG
[Dreadful — Dread Gain: +30%]

divine retribution.PNG
[Divine Retribution — You do not lose Piety or Clergy Opinion from Torturing or Executing others]

prison-feudal complex tt.PNG
[Prison-Feudal Complex — Imprison Chance: +50%]

And of course there are ways of making sure you keep that hard-earned Dread for as long as possible:

forever infamous tt.PNG
[Forever Infamous — Dread Decay: -100%]

Of course, once you start "going off the rails" (as my fellow developers assure me my playstyle should be described as) you need to make sure that it doesn't go unnoticed. Keep the faint of heart in line, and all that.

malice implicit tt.PNG
[Malice Implicit — Dread Gain Per Tyranny: +0.5]

It’s not all about Dread, however. Intimate familiarity with human anatomy can help in other ways, too:

dark insights tt.PNG
[Dark Insights — When you Torture someone: 50% chance to gain either 1 Intrigue or 1 Prowess]

While it’s not a relief for Stress per se (unless you’re particularly sadistic), the Perk tree offers additional side benefits for your poor coping methods:

thriving in chaos tt.PNG
[Thriving in Chaos — Martial and Intrigue Per Stress Level: +1. Prowess Per Stress Level: +2]

Dread (and the actions that give it) is quite powerful on its own, offering alternative ways of controlling your vassals, but what if we could make it even better?

fear tax tt.PNG
[Fear Tax — Increased tax and levy contributions from Intimidated and Cowed vassals]

The last Perk in the tree grants the Torturer trait, which offers a slight Levy and Prowess boost, along with an additional improvement to your Dread gain. This will allow you to keep your Dread exceptionally high as you imprison, revoke, torture and execute to your heart’s content.

The Schemer Tree

Some of you out there are less bombastic in your methods, which brings us to our last tree for this diary. Skulduggery rules the shadows, keeping potential threats in line by more subtle tricks.

It provides a number of different bonuses to your Hostile Schemes, and to your Spymaster’s tasks:

swift execution tt.PNG
[Swift Execution — Murder Scheme Power: +30%]

a job done right.PNG
[A Job Done Right — Hostile Scheme Success Chance: +25]
(Hostile Schemes does not mean Schemes hostile against yourself, but rather Schemes that are categorised as Hostile instead of Personal.)

digging for dirt tt.PNG
[Digging for Dirt — Find Secrets Progress Speed: +25%]

Find Secrets is the Spymaster Council Task you might remember from a few diaries ago.

There are also a handful of defensive measures, should your enemies come looking for revenge:

court of shadows tt.PNG
[Court of Shadows — Disrupt Schemes Effectiveness: +50%]
Disrupt Schemes is another —very useful— Spymaster Task.

prepared for anything tt.PNG
[Prepared for Anything — Enemy Hostile Scheme Success Chance: -25. Enemy Hostile Scheme Success Chance against your Courtiers: -10.]

Once you've unlocked this collection of perks, it will be very hard to turn your own methods against you. You will only really have to worry about people who are your equal as a Schemer. But you should be worrying about those people anyways.

In the previous dev diary about Schemes, you already got a sneak preview of a Scheme to Fabricate Hooks, which becomes available in the Schemer tree, and it's not the only scheme to be unlocked this way:

Truth is relative tt.PNG
[Truth is Relative — Enables the Fabricate Hook Scheme. Find Secrets may also fabricate Hooks.]

kidnapper tt.PNG
[Kidnapper — Enables the Abduction Scheme]

Abduction is a criminal scheme, and therefore secret. However, if you succeed, you’re automatically discovered. They're not going to wonder for long whose dungeon they're locked in. You have nothing to worry about, though. The victim will be entirely at your mercy, after all.

But with all these Schemes, and only a single hostile scheme slot, what is a poor little Power Behind the Throne to do? Why, get yourself a second Scheme slot, of course!

twice schemed tt.PNG
[Twice Schemed — Max Hostile Schemes: +1]

Lastly, this Perk tree offers up the Schemer trait. Not only does it grant a major bonus to your Intrigue in general. It also significantly boosts your Scheme Power, speeding up the inevitable success of your ingenious plans.

And with that we conclude this week's dev diary. I hope you're already daydreaming about all the ways you can grasp for power, and how to hold on to it once you've got it.

Next week we’ll be diving into the perk trees for the Stewardship lifestyles, so adieu until then!
Just remember to watch your back.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/dev-diary-20-religion-and-faith.1368714/

New dev diary on religion.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

binge crotching posted:

I'm really going to miss Sunset Invasion though.

October 31st, 2012 is a day I will always remember. It was the day I became cynical, bitter, and distraught. You may call it an overreaction for me to feel this way simply because of the business practices of a single video game company, but let me explain what all of this means to me.

My life was thrown off balance and I never regained my footing after that day, because I lost my ability to respect. An essential part of being human is to feel respect for those who may or may not be deserving of it. But it is equally human to feel painful disillusionment when someone or something you respected turns out to be much less than you thought. But the level of betrayal I felt when Paradox announced their new DLC tore something from me that I'll never be able to recover. They tore away my ability to respect anything, and they tore away my ability to feel human.

Paradox Interactive was a company I respected, and their employees were people I looked up to. Crusader Kings, Europa Universalis, Victoria, and Hearts of Iron were all quality game series that combined historical accuracy with sandbox game worlds. These games may have been cartoony and humorous at times, but deep down they were always realistic and crafted with a level of detail and skill that won appreciation from gamers all across the internet. CK2 was their newest release, and the internet was in unanimous agreement that it was of unparallelled quality. Following it's long awaited release, Paradox began releasing quality DLC that raised the bar ever higher for Grand Strategy Games.

Then Sunset Invasion was announced. This was not just an announcement of DLC, it was announcement of Paradox Interactive's suicide. It was an expansion intended to completely disregard any historical accuracy, and instead shock the entire world with its lunacy. Paradox Interactive had gone off the deep end and raised the middle finger to everybody who stayed loyal to them. They had announced that they didn't care anymore, that they didn't care for their community, and they were going to go out of their way to sabotage everything they had spent years creating.

The pain I felt from this betrayal has destroyed me on an emotional level, and has deprived me of my primary source of entertainment. No longer can I play Grand Strategy games without remembering the day I ceased mattering to people I devoted myself to. Paradox had not just destroyed me or their company, they had destroyed the one force of stability in the world: Trust.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

:allears:

a fatguy baldspot posted:

biggest news to me is all faiths and cultures available, that’s amazing. could’ve sworn they said we were going back to christians

Only major thing they're leaving out in this regard are republics and steppe nomads. (the latter will still be playable but not with unique mechanics)

Vichan fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 14, 2020

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

:allears:

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Cease to Hope posted:

Nudism is one of the traits you can add to a heretical/reformed religion.

And one of the religions, the Adamites, start with it!

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

This is the nittiest of nitpicks but I hope the game will still have a ruler history/regnal numbers.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

MinistryofLard posted:

Picking two people and showing me their last common ancestor would be pretty cool. One of the things I like to do is picking a king and tracing back their inheritance and see how, like, random Welsh dynasties became Kings in Norway.

I could spend hours paused while looking through the title history of the various nations to see what kind of shenanigans went on. :spergin:

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

ilitarist posted:

This is the reason why the game needs a character history feature. EU:Rome had it and it wasn't good (At age 5 Falloth Maximus became kind.) but it'd do wonders for immersion. Some of the history is simulated with traits and relationships in CK2, but it's not the same. There's a chronicles feature but it's not needed at all because it lists huge important events that happened to you, you couldn't have missed them.

I realize there are memory constraints and this feature would be hard to support and balance. But wouldn't everyone want this?

That feature is the biggest reason why I have such fond memories of EU:Rome.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

https://www.crusaderkings.com/news/dev-diary-28-art-focus

New dev diary.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

The North Tower posted:

I’m sure it would be a huge pain in the rear end, but I think it’d be neat to have the transition from regent to ruler handoff be much more disputed. Like if a content regent who liked the previous ruler gave way to a success-son at 16 was the minimum, have a ambitious regent have to have their filthy claws forcibly removed from an average (or even dull) ruler into their early 20s be a maximum. Maybe even leading to a civil war. Could lead to interesting outcomes.

I'm pretty sure the Game of Thrones mod has a mechanic where a regent can rule indefinitely by basically declaring the ruler incompetent no matter their capabilities.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

867 map

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Hellioning posted:

Civ 2 was one of my first video games. I was, like, 8.

Paradox came later, naturally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqPC08cPGJw

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/crusader-kings-3-dev-diary-30-event-scripting.1397140/

New dev diary on event scripting

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Zombiepop posted:

They are swedish nerds, the swedish government just print lies about cannabis so not really surprised. But the - 2 learning is like really stupid, I guess they think weed smokers are dumb.
Is beer/alcohol gonna give a +2 melee or +10 fertility or whatever?

Tbf the trait simulates a person who's grown dependent on weed, not a casual weed smoker.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/ck3-dev-diary-32-going-medieval-on-audio.1401422/

New dev diary on sound design.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_xXohZvPQ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31nXYMItkZA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjzg7w4Jl9g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJBOzlKnpps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZYea8RteyY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qD7cNrWZwQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN0noufpL6Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N9_hxy26Ok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJc3qvqgfj8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfTDcrTouzg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEbxR9zTBuQ

Really liking these changes to a more subdued approach.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

ShootaBoy posted:

tl;dr I write a ton of words gushing about my really cool character in a really fun game I've been playing.

This is why CK2 is my favourite game, thank you for sharing!

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Mantis42 posted:

It'd be cool if there was a plot that allowed you to simultaneously assassinate and usurp within the Imperial system. Like John Tzimiskes did with Nikephoros II.

Rulers in general really should be executed during coups more often. It's so weird to see a former emperor hanging around with a huge amount of titles.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/ck3-dev-diary-34-its-all-about-appearances.1406933/

New dev diary about the portrait system.

Vichan fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jul 21, 2020

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/ck3-dev-diary-35-user-testing-before-release.1408176/

The old portraits were....interesting.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

fuf posted:

Too bad his name is "One Proud Bavarian", I mean wtf

What's wrong with that?

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

the last time germans took pride in their heritage didn’t work out so well.

Bavarians have always had their own identity though.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Anno posted:

New dev diary on performance and AI. Look at that speed 5 :eyepop:

Also apparently fewer OOS issues, so maybe multiplayer will be better.

Holy crap, that's insane.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

canepazzo posted:

That UI is amazing. I'm super hyped for this.

You can definitely tell they spent five years on this.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

:spergin: incoming but I really hope they kept the title history in from CK2. I could spend hours going around the world browsing through past rulers.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

luxury handset posted:

under the right circumstances (conclave dlc, supernatural events enabled, and your character is a lunatic) you can appoint a horse as an advisor. this horse is glitterhoof and they are wonderful and they are the precursor to all horse based shenanigans in the game

When I went for immortality I made my horse chancellor immortal as well and eventually got him crowned as pope.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

There also used to be an event where your regent would humiliate you in events, each more horrible than the last. It culminated in someone else getting rid of the regent on your behalf only to take his place. It's been years since I've seen that particular chain so I think they removed it.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

they're trying to murder you and it's still in, though its been a bit since i got it.

That one was for child rules, right? This one was for incapable rulers and all your choices were variations of *gurgle*

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I love how 'smooth' everything feels.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

abrosheen posted:

I would love for the Geheimnisnacht Warhammer fantasy mod to actually be completed and fully functional now that CKII has theoretically reached its final form.

The human portraits in that mod are gorgeous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Hellioning posted:

So obviously that 'commentary' is just ironic but I'm annoyed at the ironic fake complaint that coastlines shouldn't look like that.

Every fantasy map should have fjords, they're loving amazing.

I think it's just a reference to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.