Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Sitting at work waiting for the day to end so I can go home and play Holy Fury, this is going to be a long day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Randarkman posted:

I'm ugly, wroth and paranoid. Somehow my wives who are half my age keep being unfaithful.

Are you sure that's not just the paranoia talking?

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Whorelord posted:

any reason my mods aren't downloading?

I've had to reinstall

I had a lot of problems getting CKII mods to download too. I'd never used mods for CKII before, but decided to go with the Gothic font one after Holy Fury came out, and while they seemed to download at first the game couldn't find them. First I read on the Steam forums that you need to manually create the "mod" folder in "documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II", but that didn't work either. After looking around some more another thread mentioned having all their CKII mods being downloaded to the "Steam/userdata/<some number>/ugc/referenced" instead. I had to go there and fish out the mods manually and put them in the mod folder in my documents.

I've never had this problem with other games, so it's kind of strange.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

big dyke energy posted:

A vassal killed my favorite son and chosen heir, so I imprisoned him, killed all of his children and siblings, then revoked his title and threw him in the oubliette where he died five years later.

Do NOT mess up my succession plans, fool.

Wow, vindictive much?

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Cantorsdust posted:

That sure doesn't look like a skeleton in the top left corner though!

Uh, that's very clearly a skull and crossbones in the top left corner, under the meatbag. Check and mate.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
The minimum chance of losing a duel is way too high. I get that they don't want to enable you to have completely invincible characters, but sometimes the skill gap is just so high that losing SHOULD be impossible. I figured that was the entire point of the opinion malus for dueling someone much weaker than you. As it is now that malus is pointless because you always have a decent chance of ending up dead.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

lurksion posted:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-121-court-improvements.1173849/

More events good. General court changes are a terrible idea. It's already too loving common to end up with like 100 dudes in your court for various reasons, and manual pruning is already a pita. And you can't even do that without a DLC.

Seems the ability to ask someone to leave your court will no longer require Reaper's Due after this update hits, and the requirements have been eased up a little too.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

An update: my man lost his dick.

He's immortal and dickless.

He then apparently had a conversation with the head of the Benedictine Order and announced he was going celibate. Uh huh, yeah, sure.

Nothing that our lord and savior Satan can't fix.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Coolguye posted:

yeah even when paranoid triggers your suspicions about being a cuckold you can just go "no, i trust her word." which is honestly what you want to do in like 99% of all cases really, even if you and your wife are irish just keep smiling and nodding if the baby comes out black. someone cucking you just means you got a free dynast, don't gently caress with that!

Just marry your sister, that way the kid will be of your bloodline whether your wife is cheating on you or not :v:

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Dwesa posted:

New dev diary on cultures and cultural innovations

And innovations are in fact replacement of technologies, it seems

Firefox really doesn't like that page. I opened it in a new tab, read a little bit and then went to the bathroom. When I came back my PC was chugging, so I checked the task manager and Firefox was up to ~10GB of ram usage. Closing the tab fixed it, but drat.

Tried opening it again, and the tab almost instantly consumes 1GB of RAM and increases by about 75-100MB per second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Pigbuster posted:

Good gravy reading that diary brought my computer to its knees, I think the particle effect might have a memory leak or something. Really thought that would've been fixed by now.

The latest dev diaries with that particle effect completely gobbles up every bit of RAM on my PC if I read it with Firefox, to the tune of ~100MB of RAM per second. Chrome seems to work fine though.