Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

enraged_camel posted:

Yes. Life in border cities such as El Paso would basically come to a grinding halt.

And given that we're in winter now, green stuff will disappear from grocery store produce departments almost immediately. What remains will soar in price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Heads are going to roll, god drat, that is some of the most egregious poo poo.

I remember back in 2016 there was some talk about a bunch of oddities around financial records of people in the Trump orbit that were either turning up missing, being accessed at otherwise improper times, or potentially being flat-out altered. Holy poo poo that this is apparently the followup

I have to think some FBI are agents are wondering if they should just grab some zip ties and a bus and go over there in the morning.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

OAquinas posted:

The logs showed no evidence of buying/selling ISK.

I'd laugh my rear end off if it was the same aluminum magnate that threw a bunch of cash at an EVE alliance.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Some people in this thread need to think long and hard about what bleach does.

Like, if you wanted to make something whiter you'd use bleach.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

glowing-fish posted:

They got a life sentence in a plea deal, there was no reason to prove other crimes had occurred.

They pled down to life in prison ?

:drat:

There are issues of systemic corruption in regards to the death penalty, but if your plea bargain stipulates life in prison then you're dodging an appointment with a needle.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

VikingofRock posted:

I'm a little curious why you can't just mount the USB stick as a read-only drive. Is it that the USB drive might have hardware-level malware?

Correct

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/07/this-thumbdrive-hacks-computers-badusb-exploit-makes-devices-turn-evil/

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The law's the law. She broke it, she had to pay the price.

That's one of the core principles of civil disobedience. The sacrifice is part of the statement.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Or, are you actually willing to admit that some laws and legal proceedings are unjust and need to be fought?

That's why civil disobedience exists in the first place. To protest unjust laws. You're missing the concept in a big way.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Dude, that's the argument _I'm_ making.

Skex is the one saying to throw people in a hole forever for insulting the glorious will of the Forever Forefathers.

Oops, friendly fire.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Otteration doing good work ITT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Ugh. My company hires contractors for various functions, like provisioning laptops. Since we're based in San Francisco, one of those teams has been on notice to be prepped to work from home for a while. Corporate sent out emails right way making sure we knew all personnel, even contractors, would be able to get paid without risking their lives on public transit or being downtown.

Next thing I know, my phone's getting blown up by contractors who have been told by their manager (who is at the contracting agency, not our side) that they have to go in. Like...we turned off their loving badges last week. THEY CAN'T GO IN. THEY RISK GETTING FINED IF THEY TRY. But if they don't go in, they don't get paid, says their manager :v:

I can't go into more detail than that, but this whole thing is an unbelievable fuckshow. I'm not even a manager, I'm just someone the lower level employees trust because I'm not an rear end in a top hat to them :smith:

Take that to the Corporate thread, or one of the IT threads when you can. Inquiring minds want to know ! We're taking care of our contractors as well as our FTEs and I'm pissed off at whoever that fuckhead manager is.