Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Has anyone coined the term Trickle-down morality yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Stickman posted:

Yeah, it's utterly bizarre. Even without that, though, the fact that the father admitted that he would not allow his child to present as a girl when in his care because she's "too young to make that decision" should make it clear that he's going to force Luna to present as a boy regardless of her choice. The fact that the judge doesn't see that as abuse (AND ignores that huge laundry list of prior abuse which made her give sole custody to the mother) makes me think that she's transphobic herself and doesn't believe that forcing a child to conform to the parents idea of their assigned gender is abuse.

It's some loving bullshit. He's absolutely going to do irreparable damage to his kid.

e: nm

Setset fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Oct 27, 2019

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Mr Interweb posted:

huh. okay. guess the space force isn't going to be as dumb as i initially thought.

also:

https://twitter.com/PostCultRev/status/1218351691021484032

Technically Space Force was part of the airforce before. It's a good idea but we're hundreds of years from any actual space dogfight.

What we really need is a cyber-force because internet influence propaganda is getting way out of hand. Log in to any mobile game with chat, or twitch channel, and the pro-trump bots are out in full force

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Otteration posted:

Proposed: $2,000 Monthly Stimulus Checks And Canceled Rent And Mortgage Payments For 1 Year
forbes.com/Apr 18, 2020
"The CARES Act provided a lifeline for taxpayers and small businesses. But as a one-time cash payment, many fear that it didn’t do enough to support taxpayers in one of our country’s greatest times of need. Especially in light of the fact that many people still have not received their stimulus checks.

To address this, Congressional leaders have made two separate proposals, one that would provide Americans over the age of 16 with a $2,000 monthly check for up to 12 months, and one that would cancel rent and mortgage payments through the duration of the coronavirus emergency.

Let’s take a deeper look:

Representatives Ro Khanna (D-CA) and Tim Ryan (D-OH) introduced the Emergency Money for the People Act. This Act, if passed, would provide additional cash payments to Americans who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Emergency Money for the People Act would provide a $2,000 monthly payment to every qualifying American over the age of 16 for up to 12 months."

There is pretty much 0% chance of this happening right? I mean, that would pull me out of debt and make life a lot better for sure, but I've become accustomed to disbelieving things that sound too good to be true