Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Zwabu posted:

How many displaced Puerto Ricans wound up in Florida?

https://streamable.com/s/kir7j/evobjy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

i posted this in the local politics thread also but this is important because gwinnett county is heavily populated by first generation immigrants who legitimately may not have things like birth certificates or a firm date on when they were born

Quorum posted:

Your brain is deeply broken and the ISS, which represents an absolutely infinitesimal expense in the grand scheme of things, is used for a lot more than pie in the sky human colonization studies.

my personal read on the ISS is that it doesn't do much useful science but the governance of the thing is so international and complicated that it exists largely through sheer bureaucratic inertia. which itself is a nice thing, that the space forward nations of the world could get together and collaborate on a united global space station, even if we can't really use it to its full potential due to current lack of things for humans to do in space

Mr. Fall Down Terror fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Nov 13, 2018

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

How are u posted:

We have plenty of resources to do both Earth and Space, but you're not interested in hearing that are you.

there's a solid argument that the ISS is a waste of resources that could be spent elsewhere on better science

of course defund the military etc. etc. but assuming a fixed budget for "space research" from NASA, to optimize the amount of science being done within that constraint you want to go as automated as possible and remove human beings from orbit. the most useful thing we learn about having people in orbit for long periods of time is how much space totally sucks for our individual health

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Unironically, I think it does a lot by just being super cool to laymen that there are people living in loving space. Like, the ISS is a really good propaganda tool for space-based research by just existing. People want to be astronauts!

this is one of the biggest advantages to having a permanent presence in low earth orbit but then we're not talking about doing science but rather advocating a pro-space, pro-science agenda. which i am also in favor of but hosting live webstreams from space to inspire elementary school kids is getting away from the conversation of efficiently converting taxpayer dollars into research

so really the biggest reasons to have the ISS are not based in science but in human institutions - the bureaucratic difficulty of actually disposing of the ISS as well as the morale boosting effects of sending scientists into space largely for the excuse to have them be in space for months at a time because it's super cool

i think most people itt aside from space colonialism guy think positively of the ISS, i do too, my dissent comes from my opinion that the ISS is not actually useful for science compared to potential alternatives

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

How are u posted:

I guess, but research on human habitation is going to have to be done one way or another. There's no argument that long-term space habitation is going to happen, it will. Assuming we don't snuff ourselves out first likely!

long term space habitation is always 20 years away though, so it's not a very good use of funding right now. when the ISS program was set up in the late 90's it was with the idea that we'd be sending moon colonization missions by 2020 or so

we've learned a lot from constructing and operating the thing but the continued operation of it to do additional, marginal studies on the impact of space on human physiology (turns out it sucks) is likely not the best use of resources right now

How are u posted:

The NASA budget is so small and sad, it would be incredibly easy to double or triple by just slicing a few percentage points off of idiotic mil contracts here and there.

completely agreed

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

bird food bathtub posted:

There's a lot of research taking place on the ISS that could not take place in any other currently existing facilities. Zero-g research is absolutely a thing and right now that's the only game in town making it essentially priceless. If you want to talk numbers about setting up alternate facilities for that research that conversation can take place, but until then what exists now is the entirety of possible zero-g research facilities.

the alternative is just to send up automated laboratories. there's very little need for actual human involvement in space research, the two have been entwined as a political measure to keep the dream of humans in space alive while it saps resources from robot driven research

think about how silly it would be to send a human or two along on some comet capture mission just to oversee the process. the only difference between that and sending humans to low earth orbit for months at a time to flip switches to start canned experiments is the distance involved

right now the military has a fully automated orbiter that is doing god knows what on 1.5 year missions

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/05/why-so-secretive/525969/

i'm going to shut up now because this isn't a space thread and i've made my point on the differentiation between human beings in orbit and the ability to do research in space

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Spoke Lee posted:

Every time I voted I had to sign my name under my entry in this big book of registered voters in my town, and was given a ticket. You can't just change clothes, you would need a second identity that was registered to vote, Right?

yes, you would need false credentials to vote more than once. you can't just come in wearing a big fake moustache. also your false credentials would need to be on the voter roll, which means the easiest thing to ensure this happens is to steal someone else's credentials

since trump doesn't seem to know how voting works in the us, can we read this as confirmation that trump doesn't vote?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lightning Knight posted:

Was it this bad under Bush, with the VA scandals and such? I remember hearing about it but I was too young to understand.

the VA's payment processing has been hosed up for a decade if not more, it's all old as hell and needs to be replaced but it is more or less unfixable by our current bureaucracy

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Hollismason posted:

I think I read somewhere that the other issue with the VA is that actually transferring over to a modern system is practically impossible because they have this Hodge podge network of computers with different databases that all basically communicate with each other through intermediary computers .

Also some of the code is so old no one knows what the gently caress it does.

this is one of the most significant obstacles that escalates the problem from "extremely complicated but doable" to "holy poo poo" but it's not like the system is magically going to upgrade itself or get better over time

the first step would be to conduct a detailed forensic computer science reconstruction of the whole system and how it works since it's been build as a patchwork of systems over the entire lifespan of modern computing and a project on such a scale might be unprecedented

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lightning Knight posted:

I sadly do not have the article handy but there was a mind blowing report not too long ago about how the US Government is paying Microsoft millions of dollars to maintain a custom version of Windows XP because they don’t want to change lol.

it's not that they don't want to change, but that they have to maintain backwards compatibility for increasingly aged systems. the entire process of bureaucracy and consistent record keeping is almost the complete antithesis of startup culture and starting fresh and new with the most current technology/practice every few years. this is a big issue in healthcare too - i used to work for a software company which had to maintain backwards compatibility with IE8 in the year 2016 because a large chunk of our client base were large government/healthcare institutions which straight up told us that if they couldn't use our software in IE8 then they wouldn't use our software. and it's not because doctors love old browsers (they do, but that's another story) but because the need to deal with the complexity of medical records means it's much harder to move fast and adopt new technology

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/11/12/why-doctors-hate-their-computers

Mr. Fall Down Terror fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 15, 2018

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Shifty Pony posted:

I think a lot of it also comes from a tendency to either attempt to immediately eliminate the old systems OR to bolt something else onto the old systems, but almost never to switch over on a rolling basis were the new system is used for new poo poo while keeping the old system up and running in parallel but not interconnected (with the plan to gradually move things over).

my read is similar to this, the scope of the problem is always massively underestimated so some sort of off-the-shelf solution can be pitched until it turns out whoops, there's nothing that can just inherently replace the giant bespoke contraption we built to fill this extremely unique need. nobody wants to be the project lead whose pitch goes "first, we'll need a blank check and five years minimum simply to understand what we're tangling with here" so every project is doomed from day one since the easiest thing is to say "this time, for sure, we can bring the modernization in on time and under budget using the new software developed since the last time our attempt to upgrade failed embarrassingly"

you'd have to implement a total replacement that has a solid foundation for enhancement for decades to come and replace the entire existing system in one swift motion, to which the us military has demonstrated consistently for decades an inability to do anything like this in terms of procurement

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Meatball posted:

Well, holy poo poo.

I knew about the civil war payment, do you have a link to more info? Sounds interesting.

https://taskandpurpose.com/152-years-later-va-still-paying-pension-civil-war/

it was common for super old veterans to marry young women so they could get their pensions, which could be inherited by children

quote:

The Department of Veterans Affairs cuts a pension check check every month for $73.13 to Irene Triplett, an 87-year-old who lives in Wilkes County, North Carolina. Why? Because she is the living daughter of a Civil War veteran.

Though he fought in the war more than 152 years ago, Confederate-turned-Union soldier Moses Triplett didn’t father Irene until his second marriage, when he was 84 years old. He died in 1938, at age 92. Her mother, Elida, was 50 years his junior, and died in 1967, which Wall Street Journal first reported in 2014.

this only applies to union aka federal soldiers. confederate soldiers received pensions from the states as they were locked out of federal government benefits for obvious reasons

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
absolutely the worst outcome for assange is that he is questioned by the bobbies and released and then he's standing there having to figure out what to do with his life knowing that nobody wants to arrest or detain him

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

enraged_camel posted:

I would bet that Assange has a long list of people who want him vanished

at the top of this list, is julian assange

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Trump news feels like a livestream from inside a home for people with alzheimers, especially the last month, which has dialed that feeling up to 12.

i remember in months past when goons would argue about whether or not trump has dementia and if that can even be meaningfully determined or diagnosed

my personal take on it is that he definitely does, and i base this on my experience working in a hospice and interacting with people in various stages of dementia

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Really I'm just waiting for a scammer to call up Trump and pretend he's a bank of america employee and he needs Trump to just verify who he is

something like this already happened with someone who scored an impromptu interview by calling trump and bluffing his way past gatekeepers but i don't remember enough about it right now to google the details

e: got it but it's equally a failure of trump's staff to do their loving jobs

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/us-politics/article-radio-prankster-reaches-trump-on-phone-on-air-force-one/

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

OddObserver posted:

"Take control of their agricultural seed supply" does sound like an evil overlord kinda move, though.

this is a normal thing for anyone who sells a product. you can get all worked up about how grocery stores have "taken control of our food supply" if you want but that's just part of living in a modern society. modern farmers don't save seed from the last harvest like a 19t century farmer, it's always better and easier to buy from seed banks

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

VitalSigns posted:

Well that does sound ominous.

I really don't think a single grocery chain should have a monopoly on the world food supply.

monsanto doesn't have a monopoly on the world food supply, it only dominates some markets in the us

if you have a point to make, make it. petty sniping is boring

e: try to clear the bar of "corporations bad" also, nobody likes monsanto but we're kind of stuck with giant ag-tech firms to feed our huge and growing global population

Mr. Fall Down Terror fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Nov 20, 2018

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Drone posted:

I'm the opening line of a presidential statement: "the world is a very dangerous place!"

This feels like it was dictated to someone with all of these run-on sentences and rambling.

i wonder if there's some poor low level idiots in the white house press office who have to take copy and try to make it sound more like trump's dementia vernacular

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

paperwind posted:

So how often is it that the entire country is told to avoid eating something regardless of where it came from? This is about an extreme a food safety warning as I think I've ever seen.

https://twitter.com/CDCgov/status/1064976806401454080

it's not terribly uncommon, it's just a weird situation that the CDC would be able to identify a specific food item but not be able to identify a region or production method for that item. in december 2017 there was an outbreak linked to general "leafy greens" but they weren't able to pin it down in time for the danger to have naturally passed beyond the shelf life of the expected contaminated food, aka it was all eaten or rotted so everyone who was going to get sick had already gotten sick so outbreak over, i guess :shrug:

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2018/s0110-update-ecoli.html

quote:

On January 10, 2018, the Public Health Agency of Canada reported that an outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing E. coli O157:H7 infections (STEC O157:H7) they had identified was linked to romaine lettuce appears to be over.

In the United States, CDC, several states, and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration continue to investigate a multistate outbreak of 24 STEC O157:H7 infections in 15 states. Since CDC’s initial media statement on December 28, seven more illnesses have been added to this investigation. The last reported illness started on December 12, 2017.

The likely source of the outbreak in the United States appears to be leafy greens, but officials have not specifically identified a type of leafy greens eaten by people who became ill. Leafy greens typically have a short shelf life, and since the last illness started a month ago, it is likely that contaminated leafy greens linked to this outbreak are no longer available for sale. Canada identified romaine lettuce as the source of illnesses there, but the source of the romaine lettuce or where it became contaminated is unknown.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

Wasn't it attributed to lettuce farms not letting their undocumented workers take bathroom breaks so they have to poo poo in the fields? Or was that just the woke nod-and-wink presumption?

fecal contamination is usually the issue but it's related to animals and contaminated water most often, not dirty fly-befouled immigrants (or oppressive overlords preventing bathroom breaks in the less racist version)

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

axeil posted:

hot take: maybe we should pay agriculture employees enough and give them reasonable working hours so they don't have to poo poo in the fields just to make quota.

That was ultimately the reason for the last romaine lettuce contamination outbreak right?

no, it's far more likely to be linked to an animal fecal source than human. "workers forced to poo poo in the fields" is just the less racist version of "pedro don't wash his hands" when there's a far greater volume of uncontrolled cattle excrement in ag areas than human excrement

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/03/180312150520.htm

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2018/08/29/642646707/investigators-track-contaminated-lettuce-outbreak-to-a-cattle-feedlot

think about it for a second - how many workers would have to be secretly dropping trou in a lettuce field (lettuce doesn't grow very high and isn't that easy to secretly crap in) and what would their intestinal viral loads have to be at in order to cause a significant national outbreak? meanwhile, there's a shitload of cows a quarter mile away...

Mr. Fall Down Terror fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Nov 20, 2018

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
watch trump be more pissed about this than khashoggi

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-46286215

quote:

An American man has been killed by an endangered tribe in India's Andaman and Nicobar islands.

Fishermen who took the man to North Sentinel island say tribespeople shot him with arrows and left his body on the beach.

He has been identified as John Allen Chau, a 27 year old from Alabama.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

How loving dumb do you have to be to go there, that's the island where they shoot everyone who comes close

apparently he was a missionary going for the top prize. like maybe work up to murder island, go and try to convert maoist rebels in the jungle or something

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i dont think you can fault people for failing to anticipate the nightmare scenario and a disintegration of american democracy through sheer voter insanity

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
melania's new 2018 creepy white house christmas decorations do not disappoint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM4T4dDOtng

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Shifty Pony posted:

It reminds me of a fashion or magazine photography set to be honest. Something that will look generically Christmas-y when out of focus in the background of a photo and which won't have enough complicated color to clash with and draw the attention from whatever is being photographed. I can easily envision those rooms as the setting for "attractive woman gasps at jewelry box hanging on tree as man leans back in his chair with his steaming beverage and a knowing smirk".

Which might be the goal - there are a lot of photos taken of people talking with each other in the White House so stuff should be kept photograph friendly.

this is totally what it is, melania comes from the fashion world and thats why the decorations work as decor but not as what you would expect as a celebration of a holiday. melania knows how to create a setpiece for photoshoots but not how to decorate a house that someone actually lives in. it underlines the theatrical falseness of the white house

the identical christmas trees spaced ten feet apart marching down a hallway remind me of some kind of christmas clearance store, not how you would expect a tasteful mansion to be decorated

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Kobayashi posted:

Are you the "ignorant centrist voter" here, or is this a straw man so you don't have to admit that you're not fundamentally opposed to funding the wall?

anything short of stuffing trump into a small box that locks from the outside is collaboration

since "the wall" is a huge stupid boondoggle that is never going to happen anyway for many reasons, allocating funding to it as part of poltical gamesmanship is not going to matter in any meaningful fashion

if trump wanted to grow a beanstalk large enough to reach the giant's castle so trump could acquire more gold, the democrats throwing a billion dollars at the project does not constitute a plot to overthrow the sky kingdom if that billion can be used to extract concessions elsewhere

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Taerkar posted:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they start claiming that the Russians were helping the Democrats.

they probably are, there's no reason not to help both sides if your goal is to induce chaos rather than tip the scales

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Nah, they straight up tipping the scales. Remember that they hacked the RNC just like they did the DNC but not a single piece of information from that was ever leaked.

i can think of reasons for this other than russia actively supporting the republicans in some sort of alliance. like, there's not as fertile ground on the left for wild conspiracy mongering and outrage media as on the right

putin has a record of funding both pro- and anti-groups just to create dissonance, which is the most obvious thing the russians would want - here's one example

https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-trolls-senate-intelligence-committee-hearing-2017-11

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

sexpig by night posted:

It doesn't need to be an alliance and collusion for them to see the dumbest motherfucker ever saying 'YEA I GRAB PUSSIES WHAT OF IT' and vowing to slash everything that isn't turning a profit in the government and poo poo and go 'haha yea this guy'll gently caress things up, that'd rule'.

thank you for agreeing with me

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Squalid posted:

The craziest part is they all seemed to know about the risk too. I mean the same disease killed a lot of their parents and grandparents. Yet they still worked without proper safety equipment, in choking dust, and lied to healthcare providers out of fear they'd be fired if their illness came to light. It seems like everyone involved new exactly what was happening but nobody wanted to do anything, even when they were themselves dying.

Are American mines just uniquely and unavoidably dangerous? Or do miners still suffer the same problems in European and Australian mines? I don't even want to know what conditions are like in Chinese and Indian mines.

some forms of mining are inherently more dangerous and i'm not sure that some mines would be profitable if they had the proper safety standards, which is something that many workers are willing to forego if it means high paying work

a big problem though is toxic masculinity and the idea that having a work ethnic means destroying your body to prove you're a man. like if you aren't doing physical labor then you're just a punk. this sounds like a totally cool and badass idea when you're in your early 20's but then when you're dying in early middle age or laid out with crippling back problems and an opiate habit it's way less cool. i know a guy who alternates between complaining and worrying about how his heavily physical job is causing him observable injury and wear when he's at a low point, and when he's at a high point he likes to chuckle about how productive and masculine he is unlike those sedentary effeminate white collar office workers. it's totally an identity thing

it's the same reason why people pick up substance habits in youth and you can see who drops it and who doesn't as they get older and mortality becomes more pressing. combine that with the masculinized protestant work ethic at the core of american blue collar identity and there you go

Mr. Fall Down Terror fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Dec 20, 2018

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

bloodysabbath posted:

gently caress a wall, but wouldn’t it be theoretically more plausible and effective to build an invisible fence sensor type deal, have a gently caress ton of drones patrol it and send out actual agents to investigate alarms?

It would cost a lot and we’d have to build a lot of drones and hire a lot of agents, but it seems like it would be more viable than a thing that could bypassed by a loving welder’s kit.

that is exactly what we currently have but the big wet president wants an actual physical wall because he is a child

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Charlz Guybon posted:

If SpaceX BFR works, you could put up a lot of military hardware in orbit that is just not feasible today because of the expense and mass restrictions.

cost is definitely not the problem when it comes to military spacecraft, but rather the bad precedent of starting a cold war and escalation of force in space. the best thing is the status quo where everyone just puts spy satellites in orbit and has a gentleman's agreement not to blow up other people's stuff because of the risk of space debris

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

The Dipshit posted:

Actually space launches would be pretty much the *only* thing that could demolish the USDOD's budget. Getting stuff to orbit is a goddamn poo poo wrecker in terms of work and material.

EDIT: gently caress, beaten.

yeah, but it's not like having three redundant GPS systems in orbit is all that helpful, or even more spy satellites

as far as i'm aware we have an adequate amount of stuff in space, regardless of the expense. like the dod is not hurting for resources to send what it needs into space, and it may be a good thing that the budget constraint prevents them from putting really goofy and dangerous things in space

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

friendly 2 da void posted:

Apologies if this is the wrong thread to ask this in: would any of you newshounds mind taking a stab at forecasting outcomes for how this shutdown could end? We seem to be in pretty uncharted territory and I know nobody knows what will happen next, but I'd love some "expert" opinions on what could happen next. Or any opinions at all, really.

My feeling: every day it seems more and more like it will take actual riots in the streets to force the Democrats' hands. Trump will never cave because he would gladly watch the country burn, he wouldn't care even if the pitchforks were at the White House gates. Either the Democrats give in or its martial law. Is this just crazy talk?

the democrats have no reason to cave while trump's polling gets worse. the only reason the democrats would cave is to temporarily reopen the government, but when you submit to trump's ultimatum you're teaching him that holding the country hostage is an effective tactic. so we have to swallow the short term pain to prevent more long term pain. trump has put himself in the position where either the economy or his will breaks first, which is terrifying, but it is his choice and he bears the responsiblity for it

the only reason trump still has republican support is because of his base, and how it terrifies the republicans. but trumps numbers are getting worse. if his base starts to break up then he'll be ditched by the republican party, because they don't really like the guy, he's a liability. it's just a question of when he's a big enough liability to get them to finally find their spines and break ranks

probably the republicans will break first and abandon trump, while the dems have a history of giving in it's also clear that trump will just happily gently caress them over even if they give him what he wants, and polls support the democrats so far in terms of both blaming trump as well as supporting the necessity of not caving just to get government working again

Mr. Fall Down Terror fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jan 18, 2019

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
they've been pushing this theory for over a decade and their evidence is flimsy. for example the smiley face graffiti is questionable and highly circumstantial

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smiley_face_murder_theory

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

predicto posted:

So it's 2 am, its well below freezing in Chicago, and two bad guys who just happen to be out wandering around wearing ski masks looking for a black or gay man to harass while carrying... bleach? Of course, it is possible, but I've become completely cynical about these things.

someone had sent the guy threatening messages and he was jumped in a parking lot directly across from the NBC offices in downtown chicago, so someone was watching him. it's not just chuds wandering around

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Peacoffee posted:

I guess I don’t understand the fear-mongering aspect of the argument.

it's just people noticing left leaning folks showing up armed to protest and viewing that as an escalation because of narrative attraction rather than it being just a thing that happens that otherwise passes without much media interest. note that these protests happened yesterday and basically nobody cared, because it was a counterprotest to a racist rally that never happened in a different location because state authorities closed the park rather than deal with the media attention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i am the one who cares about black people the most, and am the least racist. it is me. it is not any of you - only me