Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Someone's already suggested Christo put up an installation along the border.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

It'd be great if AF1 couldn't fly.

Unfortunately, the fleet's not subject to civilian ATC.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Is that a character from Bob’s Burgers?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

My crystal ball must be broken; it's keeps saying, "Deutsche Bank" over & over...

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Babylon Astronaut posted:

Absolutely. Providing adequate care for children isn't even a political topic. It's a biological drive. It's one of the very, very, few things you could accurately call "human nature." How we brain hosed ourselves to be indifferent or even worse, hostile, towards the care of children is something that needs to be identified and solved immediately, because it's probably too late.

It's competing with the monkey trap of unregulated capitalism.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

This, in a nutshell, explains a great deal about the idiotic decisions made routinely by corporate boards, resulting in the downward trajectory of many large, long-established corporations that are hurtling towards failure.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

On the other hand, some parties suck at the banner plane thing.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Wasn't he also running...to Vienna?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

As if $10-billion is being spent on this.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Chilichimp posted:

My favorite part of the republican questioning was Jim Jordon screaming at Bill Taylor what anything he said had to do with the call summary...

And then he and every other republican spending at least half of their time smearing the *checks notes* Obama administration.

He was cool as a cucumber, are you serious? He doesn't give a poo poo about keeping his job if this is what it's going to entail. He was recalled from retirement to serve as a temporary ambassador because he was the last ambassador to Ukraine appointed by a republican. He said he would quit as a precondition to taking the position if anything stupid happened (because he was aware of how Yavanavich was railroaded out).

On what planet would he be going to jail for answering questions of a congressional committee?

I thought FoolyCharged meant that it was difficult for the Ambassador to relay the facts without sounding libelous, which can sometimes happen when relaying an absolute fact set detailing criminal actions. Choice of words is critical.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Switzerland

:assumes defensive crouch:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

HootTheOwl posted:

The whole planet is being drunk driven. Anyone who chooses to stay on this planet is gambling that the crash won't happen or won't affect them.

It's a bit tough to get off of a spaceball moving at 67,000 MPH.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Nice subtle funeral music, there

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Otteration posted:

Comedians mock ‘Confederate sympathizer' Steve King with tiny statue
theguardian.com/28 Feb 2020
'They’re calling it a tiny statue for a tiny man. Given Iowa congressman Steve King’s pitiful history of racist and xenophobic comments, it may not be small enough.

The statue, placed in front of the Iowa statehouse in Des Moines, is the work of the comedy duo Davram Stiefler and Jason Selvig, known as The Good Liars.

“This site is dedicated to Confederate sympathizer and White Nationalist, Steve King,” reads the plaque underneath the statue, which is indeed especially small. “Here, King is honored with the world’s smallest Confederate statue.”'

Is it my imagination, or is he wearing a chastity belt? Or a jock strap over his pants?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Lube banjo posted:

There is pretty much 0% chance of this happening right? I mean, that would pull me out of debt and make life a lot better for sure, but I've become accustomed to disbelieving things that sound too good to be true

Not while McConnell crawls the ooze

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Gee, I wonder who could ever possibly be profiting from such a grift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Otteration posted:

'Give me gains or give me death': Florida gym-goers protest lockdown with push-ups
theguardian.com/12 May 2020
'On Monday, a group of gym-goers assembled outside a courthouse in Clearwater, Florida, waving American flags while doing push-ups and squats on camera. The protesters held up placards saying “Give me gains or give me death” and “We will not comply."'

You can't exercise at home. Really.

And they called us snowflakes.