Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BrandorKP posted:

Manafort sitting in prison must be greatly comforted by this all being like "batboy"

Yeah but in fairness nobody really gives a poo poo about Manafort. Not really.

I mean, gently caress that guy, sure, but he's not in power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
My honest best guess is that he did something dumb and bad and the CPD did something infinitely worse and extremely loving lovely as per usual and that's why the case is sealed.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I certainly don't have all the evidence and it is very likely some of the "evidence" I have heard is bad or outright fake.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I like the tweet dumps, so please keep doing them, but I agree that less is more. Well curated dumps are less frequent dumps.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bird food bathtub posted:

Some of those who work forces, are the same that burn churches?

They're the chosen whites.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

saintonan posted:

I mean, if you're worried about non-essential purchases, you could just stop buying USAToday.

I get it free from the hotel I live in at nightly room rates. My Continental Breakfast budget is $0 / month :smug:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Party Plane Jones posted:

generally if you've lost your panels your roof is gone anyways; my neighbors had about half a dozen panels for heating their pool that survived 15ish years of hurricanes

Generally, the pool panels are these basically rubber mats that are VERY durable but don't generate anywhere near enough electricity for your actual house usage

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gyges posted:

TARP was one of the last acts of W, not one of Obama's first.

And as much of an idiot poo poo fucker as W was, he was a "normal" Republican with a competent staff to implement policy

What we have now.... Yikes

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It's really about hypocrisy not sexuality

But it's a bad idea to casually joke about because it's so early misinterpreted

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

if I can [do thing], anyone can.

Welcome to the Republican Party

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ragnar34 posted:

My mom uses NO spaces between sentences. She doesn't do it on purpose, and she does it at work as well as on Facebook. I don't know what's happening with that.

Weird, but unless the sentences start and end with a numeral, it should be clear enough to read.

Weird, though

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

There's such an annoyingly fine line between "there is such a thing as using correct spelling/grammar/expressions" and "language changes, get over it"

I know what you mean.

I'd say the line is where your language fails to communicate successfully.
So the line is closer to prescriptive the more technical or detailed the idea being communicated. If you're just bullshitting with your buds it matters hardly at all.

Work is something else. You sort of have to be as formal as the person who can fire you or give you a raise thinks is appropriate, or the customer, or whatever.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Skippy McPants posted:

Of course, still seems in poor taste to make a game of out the unfolding facts in a child sex trafficking ring.

Poor taste is not exactly verboten on SA

I say joke about any dark subject as long as the victims are not the punchline

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lucky Ducks!!!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It's not NASA's end goal but it's concrete near-term goal that the general public can understand. Having a manned space program is valuable for its ability to inspire at least as much as for any discoveries that might be made on mars or wherever

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sodomy Hussein posted:

"Nobody should have a million dollars" is a bad take. Don't cast it negatively. The actual good take is "everyone should be able to retire and live comfortably," which is generally an aspiration everyone can agree upon, and not an arbitrary number meant to signify how much you despise the wealthy. The latter is just the lefty version of "he's hurting the wrong people!"

Make a system where everyone is guaranteed 100% of their income for the rest of their natural lives when they retire at X years old, regardless of how the market is doing. That's an actual goal to build policy around. People don't generally care about how much you want to torture millionaires. They want health care and a safety net.

Exactly like how when it comes down to it, people don't want health insurance or the nebulous coverage, they just want health care.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
If we changed everything that much "million" would lose all of it's current connotations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

The easiest explanation is that a couple guards decided to close a pedophile case early. "Sorry I was asleep the whole time". If it was a murder, jail staff had to be in on it, so if there was a murder jail staff are the most likely culprits. Would explain everything and doesn't require a larger scale conspiracy.

You got parsimony in my conspiracy!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pseudorandom name posted:

On the other hand, fires on nuclear powered cargo ships will be a lot more exciting.

Nah, they'll be drone ships so anyone on board will be valueless stowaways

No casualties!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shbobdb posted:

Goons are dumb, trust someone who is smart and actually knows what is going on.

so.... not you

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

whydirt posted:

Bush just registered for the DPPH subforum

Whereas I registered for the bush

Crazy old world

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gyges posted:

No need, because Donny is utterly incapable of staying on script. So the fireside chat is unlikely to even make it a full paragraph into his reenactment before he goes into stream of "consciousness" campaign mode. At which point it's a real coin flip as to whether or not he accidentally admits to more crimes in his perfect phone call of Sir stories, silly noises, national secret reveals, and cries of witch hunt.

$5 he forgets he's supposed to be reenacting his phone call with the President of Ukraine, and suddenly starts pretending to talk to one or more other world leaders.

I hope he has different backdrops like Pee Wee Herman's video phone

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sundae posted:

I propose we debate it in multiple committees for 10 more months before deciding it's too close to the general election to do anything.

I seek unanimous consent to add a dirty limerick to the official record

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

VideoGameVet posted:

First, they came for the Hispanics ...

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

happyhippy posted:

What kind of golf competition would Trump would win you think?

Edit: Me bad english today.

Half the things on that shelf are just paperweights and poo poo and not even real trophies or awards. That one is either fake or a tourney he ran himself

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
BSA is so decentralized in practice that experiences vary widely.

Mine was great, because the parent volunteers were great. Head Council was just a very minor obstacle to us for the most part.

Other places lean heavily into the religion or just have poo poo local leadership.

It really is a shame because there is a LOT of real value in there somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lube banjo posted:

There is pretty much 0% chance of this happening right? I mean, that would pull me out of debt and make life a lot better for sure, but I've become accustomed to disbelieving things that sound too good to be true

Basically zero chance