Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

where is my friend kimoa kid and why he hasnt posted?

I didn't realize there was a new thread. Hi friend.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Dear Mrs. Iospace, we accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole year just to watch loving mercedes win again for whatever it was we did wrong. But we think you’re crazy to make me write an effort post telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us… In the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a
Scud Poster
A Nando Fan
Lew Lew weird bathroom antics
A Ladder
Mercedes style sidepods
Does that answer your question? Sincerely yours, the worst thread

lol

wicka fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Nov 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

For the next 10 minutes this thread is about the NASA landing on Mars.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Parachutes deployed!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

TOUCHDOWN BABY

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The Croc posted:

Yeah it looks like it is what a find so does that make Alex the biggest fraud in f1 now?

Vettel retired?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

https://www.mclaren.com/formula1/partners/oneplus/mclaren-announces-new-partnership-with-oneplus/

Zak can't stop signing sponsors

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I have an iPhone X because I don't have a functioning brain and go out of my way to waste money on pointless consumer objects.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

My old boss cracked me up because he would poo poo talk iPhones to anyone who'd listen, yet he was constantly rebooting his Android phone because something had crashed or frozen.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidpoocati posted:

I have an iPhone SE that I conned some sucker out of for a ridiculously low price. It’s like the perfect size phone and I’m legit angry they don’t make anything this small anymore.

This is so annoying because the bezel-less poo poo they're doing now is perfect for that form factor.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It's the computer I interact with most often, my entire life is on this thing. $1000 isn't that much.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I have a smartwatch

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Carth Dookie posted:

My favourite rally car is the delta integrale. :colbert:

Hell yeah my dude

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidpoocati posted:

The Audi Quattro was the Teflon pan of rally cars. Elegant, low maintenance, technologically superior to its competitors.

Can't argue with this

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

Audi Quattro sounds like a dishwater brand, get the gently caress out with that crap and start posting cool cars

You know you've found a great sports car when there's a huge chunk of plastic trim around the bottom

(I loving love the Testarossa and I would die for it)

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

NASA will be hosed out of a budget or militarized before she's an adult. ESA!!!

Just tell Trump it will take $100 trillion to fly all the immigrants to Mars and use the rest for science

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

McLaren t-shirts are really high quality and fit really nicely fyi

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

W Series released a list of potential entrants: https://www.motorsport.com/w-series/news/wseries-preliminary-driver-list/4305372/

No Florsch (not sure how long she'll be recovering), no Deegan, otherwise I don't see anyone missing. There are several drivers in their 30s, which seems too old for this sort of thing. Also Carmen Jorda is on the list, ugh.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lots of cool people have been clowns. Becky Lynch went to clown school.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I've been googling some of the unfamiliar names on that list and there are several women who like, raced in F4 for half a season a couple years ago and then ran out of funding, but are still in their teens. It would be a shame if Jorda (who we've already established is garbage) got an opportunity ahead of someone who may have fallen through the cracks.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

I have a fun fact for you.

Beagle 2 was found on mars in 2015, it had done everything it was supposed to do, landed where it should have done safely, collected data perfectly, and then when it went to transmit and phone home it couldn’t because one of the petals on the solar panel failed to open properly.

Guess who made those panels?

it was McLaren

McLaren made the actual solar panel material, not the mechanism that opens them.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Beagle 2 looks worse in hindsight since NASA has been killing it recently, but around the turn of the millennium there were a ton of mission failures that were pretty much all more catastrophic than a solar panel not opening. NASA had one burn up in the atmosphere because they hosed up converting between imperial and metric.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Brainwrong posted:

Do you like McLaren? Do you like listening to "dope beats"? Do you like over-spending on basic technology? You'll love this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CZ1J9VR?tag=22

Unironically yes to all of these questions

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

One of my friends is complaining that he bought a $19 cable from Apple and they won't leave that at his door either, lmao

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

the first guy is some ducati loser or somesuch

Sorry you got doxxed

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Holy poo poo, did Theophany play Icebox in Little Giants?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

ESA chat reminds me of Cool Italian Astronaut Samantha Cristoforetti, who was the first person to brew espresso in space. There's a funny anecdote in Scott Kelly's book where she takes their crew mate to her hairdresser so he can learn how to cut her hair on the ISS, only for him to gently caress it up later.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

BubbaGrace posted:

Reddit is just like any other website on the planet with a massive user base. You have complete morons and some less than complete morons. The more users a site has the better chance you have of running into the people from column A. I use reddit all the time for the niche subreddits and hardly ever run into stupid meme posts and commment chains. Avoid the defaults and some of the larger subs and you won't see any of the things being talked about here. It's like sending someone to ADTRW and telling them all of SA is this way, when its clearly not. Anyway, resume poo poo posting.

1. no
2. Reddit is uniquely garbage across the board
3. the "small subs are good" defense is patently false and just illustrates that you are in too deep. sorry you are a redditor now.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Can't recall the last time this thread derailed into "Louis CK did nothing wrong" chat so I stand by my previous statement

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

track day bro! posted:

I don't like reddit but it's amazing how goons claim superiority over it because ???? This place is mostly just as poo poo and full of hugboxes, see the Formula 1 thread packed full of retards for example haha

Reddit is one of the worst things humanity has ever devised and I am being 100% sincere in that statement. Like Facebook the world would be measurably better if it did not exist.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Twitter, man.

Twitter is a hell site but at least it has actual value, I barely even know how to get news without it

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

News sites suck rear end, why would I want to read (for example) all the hot garbage the NY Times publishes when I could just follow the three people at that company who matter

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

I remember that season where Perez was teamed with Button at McLaren (2012? 2013?) and Button was whining like a little bitch during Bahrain because he couldn't handle Perez trying to pass him.

I only vaguely remember Perez at McLaren

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

track day bro! posted:

Do ya remember (do ya) when Keven Magnussen was at McLaren

Edit: Wait did that happen or did I just make that up

I think you must be mistaken

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidpoocati posted:

What year was it that Button set the fastest time the first day of testing and then they found out that they actually installed part of the suspension upside down, then installed it correctly then car was slow as poo poo and they never looked at that suspension component again.

2014, it gave them an illegally low ride height.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Marx owns

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Minto Took posted:

I hope the pistonheads Max thread is filled with so much slash fiction that even Khablam would say, “no, this is a step too far.”

A step too high, you mean

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Did you guys see the new Mazda 3 hatch, with the world's largest C-pillar + smallest rear window?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

it's dumb unless they are making a speed version of it in which case maybe it will be good????

They said they're not :( the Skyactive-X engine sounds cool but it's apparently not going to be available until later next year, so why even announce it for the 2019 model??

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The new Corolla hatch looks promising

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Frond posted:

It’s nice. I sat in one at the dealer.

Please tell me all your thoughts