Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Every time Max attempts to "overtake" someone

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I noticed no commentators picked up on the fact that Lewis is now a Brexiteer and a member of the English Defense League as was obvious when he went to a Muslim country and took his shirt off to reveal an elaborate catholic cross on his back and then asked two other western men to completely hose him down and drench him with their bubbly on stage for all to see. Rule Britannia

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
F1 2019: you have to stop posting

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Seriously this should be in every thread OP until Vettel dies. Even if Lewis dies first it should still be in the threads.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

You Am I posted:

Max Verstappen is still very very bad and should be banned from all motorsport
You're awful friendly to Max Verstappen in that opinion, friend. His country conveniently hosts some prominent criminal courts, convenient because he deserves to be tried in them for serious crimes committed against numerous victims worldwide.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Phwoar that Max, he's a man's man, a regular James Hunt

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Friends, I think you'll find that Lewis Hamilton has statistically taken more pole than anyone else. No man takes pole like Lewis. He never lets a pole escape his grasp, and he pushes hard to sit on every pole.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

poty posted:

Seems on topic, cool from a technology point of view but small practical use and no public interest

Space flight is far less predictable than F1

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Theophany posted:

I would watch the gently caress out of a Jochen Rindt biopic. Sack off all this superhero movie bollocks.
Lauda chose to drive an Italian death trap with no eyebrows or lungs only weeks after his employer nearly succeeded in murdering him, he's the better Austrian.

But anyone have stats on deaths per constructor? I might wager that Chapman was a more prolific murderer than Enzo. Rule Britannia.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Personal or family convictions for tax fraud is a requirement for a superlicense isn't it?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Did a little research and in outright fatalities Ferrari and Lotus are tied (7). But factoring in races entered, Colin (491) killed a much higher percentage of his drivers (1 driver per 70 races, where Ferrari is 1 every 139). However of the major teams it looks like Cooper was the most enthusiastic murderer, having killed 5 in 128 entries for a rate of 1 death every 26 races. That's putting aside outliers like Kurtis Kraft who were really just competing in USAC stuff I think, but killed 5 drivers at the Indy 500 during the 50s when it was an F1 championship race and so they technically entered 12 F1 championship races over that period. I kind of regret having compiled those statistics.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
He's beautiful, though.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Whatever awful things you might be able to say about any motorcycle riders, none are as bad as the spiteful lowland criminal Obersturmbannführer Max Von Stappen.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I like the "Salute to Speed" title of their event thing there. It presents an image of a social event intended to show respect for a vague desirable concept which may exist somewhere out in the world but not in the building where the event is being hosted.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

1500quidpoocati posted:

lol if you don't alternate between wearing an entry level Seiko Automatic and a Casio F91w
Been genuinely tempted to get a Bagelgauss lately

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

1500quidpoocati posted:

I am sexually excited by the Audi Quattro, the thing is just loving perfect.
This but Michele Mouton in a Quattro
Also there are no other rally cars except the Quattro, every other rally car is the lamest thing on four wheels
Also Sauber got Kimi a suit that matches his personality

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Mad shoutout respects to the greatest WDC and greatest Mindgamesman in F1 who won the WDC 2 years ago. The hero we need but not the hero we deserve

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Minto Took posted:

Thinking about getting another TAG Heuer in a few years. Just a regular 'ol automatic Formula 1 model--no chronograph.
Heuer is awesome, Niki Lauda had Heuer on his car. TAG Heuer is awful, Zak McLaren had TAG Heuer on its cars. Preemptive goondolences.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
:itshappening:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

learnincurve posted:

Minicurve is going to be in the papers because she’s currently being headhunted by several major engineering firms, and the RAF, at 14. She’s currently researching who at NASA and formula 1 to send the article to.

Machiavellian child is going to go far.
Assuming her engineering skills are fine, have you seen her interact with her peers and authorities at school? Does she know how to maneuver in complicated adversarial social hierarchies? To play off the ambitions and fears of others without their understanding? To manipulate and control for personal gain and advancement? Then send that CV to Scuderia Ferrari

Also, tourbillons are worthless crap unless it's a gyrotourbillon

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I actually recognize a couple, but not enough to know if they're any good. What about that one who won the kart championship in the best kart race ever? Too young?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nERc_53wLE

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
It's not British unless it kills a few people in the name of masculinity and the spirit of the gladiators

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Cactrot posted:

No Europeans involved, it was NASA using metric and Lockheed using imperial.
You know what was the first threaded fastener standard ever invented? Whitworth.
Rule Brittania

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

The best part was that multiple people noticed that the craft was going to be far too low and got told to gently caress off because they didn’t fill out the right form.
Now THAT sounds British

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

1500quidpoocati posted:

you should be working for an italian motorvehicle manufacturer.
Fix It Again Theophany

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Trump stands on the top rung of the a-frame that is Facebook and Twitter

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Will be interesting to compare The Lance with a 2018 Formula 1 Podium Finisher Sergio Perez next year

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

1500quidpoocati posted:

the Japanese are terrific people who are probably excellent at building engines.
I still believe this despite 4 years of conflicting evidence

But seriously, which is worse -- 4chan or reddit?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

That would unironically be a better name

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Maybe he just likes Dale Jr?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
#MegaWDC

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Is Nazism considered good luck in China?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
So bourgeois Chinese love Lewis and peasant Chinese hate Lewis?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

EoRaptor posted:

They will do this from the balcony of their apartment in a building that doesn't have a fourth floor.
Chain Bear says F1 car numbers never had a 13 until Pastor Maldonado chose it

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Can you also explain why people like max
Same reasons, economic and political disenfranchisement lead people toward morally repugnant extremist right wing ideologies

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

You Am I posted:

Is it? I didn't know that. I always saw it associated with feminists who hate the word man. I'll remember that in future.
I always remembered it from PCU and the protest chant "hey hey ho ho this penis party's got to go" which would not actually be an unreasonable thing to chant in protest outside an F1 race

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
If you got a woman to do it for you I bet you wouldn't be gay?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
All wings bigger? Won't that make more turbulence from the rear and and more aero sensitivity on the front end and therefore even less ability to follow other cars closely and therefore even less overtaking?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Bidets are an imperialist bourgeois appliance and as a Bernie voter I would never hang my rear end over one but I'm not at all surprised that the Japanese would make the best one and maybe I'd try that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Isn't there some F1 twitterist whose name has been @vetteleclerc for years now who must be :awesome:ing at 2019