Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

The Alchemist posted:

We know from an earlier flashback that Tohru's favorite moments of childhood consist of checking out some cool bugs and sexually harassing girls in the school.

The timing on this couldn't be better!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Vic posted:

Oh oh is Amanuma gonna turn out to be a psychopath of some sort and NEET's gonna try to emulate that in order to become a better QA tester?

Nah, Amanuma's going to congratulate NEET on setting up the core cause of the bug giving him much of the credit out of modesty, and NEET's going to lose his poo poo entirely for eight panels or so.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
After 30-some years, NEET has discovered pride.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Mackerel Cornflake posted:

Again, I'd like to thank you all for your continued support and patience. When I started translating (nearly a year ago!) I had no clue that I'd be launching the criminal timeline in to a year-long psychic detour with new characters and an unrelated narrative. I had no idea how this divergence would be received, and thankfully it seems most of you have enjoyed reading it as much as I have enjoyed translating it. I would have given up long ago if not for the amazing community this thread has inspired.

If you would like to support me on Patreon, here's the link:
https://www.patreon.com/mackerelcornflake

Thank you so much for doing this. Seriously!

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Grevling posted:

drat that's a big milestone. Thank you translators for delivering NEET all of these years. Hope you're not in danger of getting burned out.

Yeah, I am just a lurker but you all have been consistently providing great translation (and notes!) for a tiny audience that really really appreciates your work.

Thank you!

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Xenocides posted:

Now his hair can stop falling out.

If he gets with Princess and we get a *ping* sf as he grows a single new hair, I will absolutely lose my poo poo.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Sorry, I just have a natural tendency towards over-thinking these things.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE. みなさん、あけましておめでとう。

Don't worry about it. I can't be the only one who finds that a thread bonus.

And happy New Year.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

lol

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
I'm actually kinda loving part-time NEET's new trajectory.

He proved himself as an asset to his workplace both as a bug-finder and being affable enough to unite and challenge his coworkers to the point that his immediate supervisor saved Izawa's job in order to keep Tohru onboard. And Tohru himself is completely oblivious to it!

It's fun watching him grow and mature slowly and subtly. Excellent comic

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
I'm guessing that failure didn't even manage to pierce through his brother's shirt. Another reason for the memory to stand out.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

It just occurred to me how weird this take is reading it back. I'm talking like these are real people and not characters in an internet comic.

I've NEETed so much I've become the NEET. :aaaaa:

It's all good.

I'm thinking of it like my own grandma asking me to "warsh th' dish's, sunshine."

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
That side-eyed expression...

On the one hand, no wonder he was comfortable being a NEET, on the other... reminds me of my Mom.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Fuckin brutal deadpan there.

NEETmom is great

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Alright, folks. I'm going out of town on a weekend trip and won't be able to do any postin' until I get back. No computer, no internet, no NEET. :(

(No, really, this isn't a Zelda thing, I swear.)

I wish I had a bigger update to give y'all, but you'll just have to make due with this until I get back to it Monday.

:nws:Unedited version.:nws:

Full disclosure: reading small kanji hurts my eyes and my brain, so I gave up trying to figure it all out and started making it up towards the end.

No worries. For how it ended? Ugh.

Be safe, good luck, and hopefully have fun.

*Edit* seriously. Terror NEET getting off on a teen telling him off while his family can hear him? poo poo's getting out of hand, needs to resolve quickly and forcibly, and there is no reason to feel bad about not getting into the nitty-gritty translation details when... that is happening.

I trust Daisuke to stick the landing, but the details in the last couple of strips have been a little too real.

A Terrible Person fucked around with this message at 09:12 on May 12, 2023

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
I love that we get Princess' change in demeanor instantly makes her beautiful. It's like that old story and illustration about how mean people grow uglier and happy, nice, content people are impossible to be anything but good looking by virtue of their mood and character

*Edit* I mean, she was always portrayed as overweight, eyes too far apart, acne-ridden, and with a snout. And shy and socially awkward. But simply drawing her happy?

Dude's a goddamn Master.

A Terrible Person fucked around with this message at 10:14 on May 20, 2023

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Yup. Down for this.

Just gat-drat sometimes, y'know? Fucker really knows what he's up to in the art department.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Hime has always been depicted as basically a troll-thing in NEET's view but, the moment her demeanor changes, she's obviously glowing. That's loving talent.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Nep-Nep posted:

Given that she was changing her clothes and such I would imagine they live in the same home and are thus related.

lol

Look at the NEET who doesn't understand women!

For real, though, that doesn't imply anything. Women bring their own clothing and change in front of each other all the time without a second thought. They could be related, but I highly doubt it.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

drat, he is so loving good at this.

High art on such a weird medium.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Cat Hatter posted:

Had he bothered to scroll down, he'd have seen that the rest of her blog is just pictures of her beating people's asses after she tracks them down on the internet.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this was actually the case, lmao

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
All hail the translators and the artist that they translate. May they never want for anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Brother Make posted:

I finally found the time to fix all those mistakes I said I'd go back and fix!

Most of these were because I confused with .

Oh, drat! Amazing extra effort there.