Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Just binged Season 3

Goddamn

Exponentially better every season

And the Director continues to be goddamn terrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Open Source Idiom posted:

I may be misremembering, but I believe that we have seen the Director break their rules before -- there's that episode in the first season where the attempt to stop a meteor goes haywire, and the army gets called in. (I think that's how it goes, it's the one with the bus full of elderly people anyway.) The Director then attempts to take over individual soldiers, one after the other, in order to stop them defusing some sort of device.

They all would have died in the Helios explosion anyway.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

WrightOfWay posted:

Basically, the Travelers should be starting revolutions.

If you haven't watched Continuum yet, do so

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Mr. Powers posted:

I just finished a whole series watch. I lost track of it halfway through season 2, so I just started from the beginning again when season 3 released. The writers really knew how to tug at your heartstrings for a bunch of those later episodes. Given the show was highly binged on Netflix in 2017 (according to the internet), unless viewership falls off a cliff, I wonder if they will try to put together a season 4, and if so, how.

I mean for a sci-fi show this one is pretty drat cheap to make, I'd imagine that at the least isn't an obstacle.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Donnerberg posted:

For the show, the program failure probably means that the protocols will be different next season, to set up new challenges for the Travelers instead of repeating the moral dilemmas and family turmoil they got from their previous protocols.

Whatever happens, I'll be bummed if they bring back the old cast. I understand why they would because that's how most shows roll, but I'd like this to be an actual reboot. Mac, Marcy and co. were cool, but they got all the development they need. Bring in new faces with new problems.

I mean as long as Trevor is there, I'll be ok.

Comrade Fakename posted:

We haven’t had Roger Cross yet, have we?

"Why don't we just brutally murder every rich person? Oh poo poo, wrong time travel show."

The Director: "Hmm...go on..."

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jan 2, 2019