Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Heavy Metal posted:

I didn't say I was offended, I said appalled. And the second post did say they hate Punisher and the culture around it etc, I get it's not saying literally every fan and aimed at me in particular, but it does to me show a kind of direct way of critiquing art/entertainment that I don't quite dig. Plus in general suggesting that Punisher as is wasn't something that would be good, or what have you, when I myself do think it would be good, so I'm chiming in there. And hey, it's cool that you liked the show.

(editor's note: I'm not really appalled, posters from previous page, it's all good, I'm just ranting about funnyman Frank Castle here and how he's a great guy)

Iirc all they said was it was nice to see him taking on PMCs instead of minorities. I don’t see why you would have a problem with that statement. Or why you think a pulp hero can’t be aiming up at the corrupt institutional power structures like PMCs instead of aiming down at poor people

Edit - sorry didn’t see mod post if this is meant to end

AdmiralViscen fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Dec 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Nodosaur posted:

Are there any African-American Jewish actors of note? If they were gonna go that route with Ben he’d need to be both.

If the answer was no, the question is the reason

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

He’s absolutely grooming her and they are absolutely letting him

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Dan Didio posted:

I can’t stop giggling at Coppola calling Marvel movies ‘disgusting’, what a silly world we live in.

The franchise features a comedy scene of a child soldier using a drone to almost blow up a school bus. His mentor, the inventor of the global drone murder network, rants and raves about how they should have let him build the wall and gets a tearful send off after genociding an alien race that are all conscripted slaves as far as he knows.

Probably not what he meant, though. As an auteur, he probably thinks its pretty disgusting that like 40% of each movie is shot by some studio stooge and not the actual director.