Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Leveraging a baseball team against a football league to get more money is commendable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

With rules protecting QBs in the NFL and Murray being able to move around and evade pressure I wouldn't be too worried about him taking hits, plus you can easily add several pounds of muscle in an NFL weighroom. I would be more worried about only seeing 1 year in the college system that is designed to make QBs look good.,

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Good offenses create lanes between offensive lineman for passing anyways and if you going deep you're launching over everyone anyways. It's a pretty big myth that QB height matters and it's been disproved over and over again.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

David Boston 2.0

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Play posted:

It's also really easy to cheat the vertical. What you do is pretend that your shoulder won't push your arm up as far as it actually will, just kind of don't reach up hard. so that when they subtract that number from your score you've gained several inches.

What they should use are those electronic jump pads that measure force and time in the air

I mean you're really just looking at comparisons, so if you are looking at a position group as a whole and everyone manages to add 3 inches to your vertical, you're still just going to look at who measured the best overall.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Play posted:

But everyone's doing it to a different extent and it's impossible to tell exactly how much. Some poor suckers might not be doing it at all!!

I would assume most guys that are serious about getting drafted probably get put through a pre-combine prep course/workout by their agents and if they don't I guess they just didn't want it bad enough

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

The cap penalty for releasing Carr drops off next year, so it makes sense to at least keep and start him for one more season.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I'm coming around on the idea of the Raiders staying at 4 and taking Haskins if Kyler goes number 1

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1108071407450234880?s=20

If this is a smokescreen, the Cardinals dedication to it is amazing

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Kalli posted:

Someone should grab a bunch of tall late round pick D tackles and non-edge ends and let them know they'd probably each make 10x as much if they just spent a few months converting to being guards / tackles.

Are you Tom Cable

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Titans are drafting Daniel Jones

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Other than the Giants I feel like every team did a not-awful job in the first round

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Doltos posted:

I personally think the Cardinals massively hosed up but that's just me.

Steelers sent too much for Devin Bush. Giants obviously hosed up with Daniel Jones and I don't like the Baker pick that much. Denver has much bigger concerns than TE. Packers reached on Savage, I don't care how fast he is. Raiders late first rounders were underwhelming. Kaleb Mcgary was a big reach too. I'm not that in love with N'keal Harry either. Other than that yeah, pretty solid first round.

The Baker pick was dumb not because of who they picked but because they traded back into the first. Dumb move for a team that should just be stacking as many rookies on cheap contracts as possible and they traded 3 for 1.

Fant is fine for the Broncos, they needed receivers bad but a pass-catching tight end is fine

Savage was a reach but not lolawful

Raiders reached a bit on their guys but not lolawful reaches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I'm not racist because I won't listen to Rap or Country