Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Is Good Josh Allen a better pure pass rushing prospect than Bosa?
No, but he's still a pretty good prospect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Alaois posted:

imagine this guy giving you advice on your personal appearance

To be fair, Lock lost the Beebs hairstyle after he left for UCF. I'd bet you that was a thing Derek Dooley told him. And holy poo poo that thing was the first thing to pop up when I loaded this page and it was at full size. Scary.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Alaois posted:

he literally named Heupel as the guy who told him to cut his hair in that video
I guess I have have watched the video!

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

Carr had an MVP caliber year in 2016, got hurt in 2017 and took nearly 60 sacks in 2018 while getting used to Grudens system and the worlds loving worst defense. Grabbing a QB instead of a blue chip defender would be monumentally stupid
Well yes, but that's what makes it a move that Gruden is likely to do.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Play posted:

I like Parris Campbell. Fast, good hands, never beaten a woman or child and in fact seems like a real nice guy
Same. I was on board with taking him in the first before the Tyreek situation. Now? They would be stupid not to.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson is going to be the best Safety from this class and Byron Murphy is probably the only corner worth taking in the first round.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Doltos posted:

Yeah I was torn between putting CGJ as the #5 or just dropping Rapp out because I dislike box safeties..
Take out Deionte Thompson and put him onto the list and it's a pretty good one.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Ed Oliver is going in the top 5.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

wandler20 posted:

He went top 5 in our Goon Draft.
That's probably the right spot for him. They're already rumbling about getting rid of McCoy and he seems like the perfect player that Arians would choose, so I'd be surprised if he's not the pick.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I don't think Oliver is really all that complicated. Put him as a 3-technique and don't ask him to play more conservative techniques in the run game.

There are plenty of teams in the top 10 that can accommodate that schematically.
I think Bruce Arians will figure out a way to let him do nothing but rush the passer.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Chris Jones and Ed Oliver would be a fun duo of gap shooting IDL
They would get sacks on first, 2nd down than give up a 30 yard run on 3rd&20.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Anthony The Hitman Hitchens will clean up any run plays
Relying on Hitchens for that role again sounds horrible.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Scoops guys are wrong all the time. :shobon:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

Nobody has a track record as bad as JLC. He’s legendarily awful and I’m so happy everyone in TFF finally saw it on a national stage.
JLC is at least amusing. His hated for KC over baseball always will warm my heart.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

kiimo posted:

What was this again? He was mad at a baseball player wearing a shirt or something and that egregious affront still fuels his fire or something?
He's just incredibly angry that the Royals smoked the Orioles in the playoffs.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I think the Chiefs want to focus more on generating a rush from the inside and figure if they can bounce the QB outside, they can still rack up sacks with even average edges.

Chris Jones will be a great 3 tech, but they need a guy that can have a great presence next to him. I'm feeling that Simmons will be their top choice if he lasts to 29.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I don't buy that they were planning a change to a 4-3 a year out. Feeling its just more of they felt fatter linebackers would have plugged up the run while in subs but it just led to awkward football.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Play posted:

Yeah Honey Badger is the main thing that makes me think the secondary might be better. It still looks like a bad secondary in the big picture, though.

I have no idea what the off ball linebacker situation is right now. It was bad last year though. Very bad.

The defensive line, losing Justin Houston and Dee Ford, may bounce back better than people think with some young players filling those roles. It may also take a step back after losing two large contributors. Again, hard to tell. Chris Jones is really good, but one guy doesn't make a good defensive line.

That's just from a talent perspective. The scheme change may end up suiting the players really well (no doubt in my mind that Speaks would be better in that scheme) and it all just clicks, or the Chiefs might nail the draft defensively. I'd love to see the defense get better, I just haven't seen anything yet that definitively points that direction.
I'm anticipating that they're going to draft either Jerry Tillery or Jeffrey Simmons and have the interior rushers do the heavy lifting and just stick some solid try hard guys out at DE.

Dorian O'Daniel and Hitchens will be primary sub backers and really the big questions are at the #1 corner spot and FS. They have some possibilities at FS maybe, but I don't see a #1 corner on the roster or a great option in the draft.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I think it's quite possible that someone could gently caress up Oliver with a bad scheme fit.
Anywhere that would ask him to 2 gap.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

nerve posted:

was vernon gholston like this?
I think Vernon had more negative feedback, but it was pretty much known that some team was going to take him very early anyhow.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

BlindSite posted:

I know 0 about this man, please tell me more.
I think he could be pretty good if his mechanics weren't so lovely and he gets back on those PED's.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Play posted:

Oh I forgot to mention Drew Lock. Great Blaine Gabbert style bust potential there. Dude can't throw touch passes, bad mechanics, bad footwork. Biggest thing is bad ball placement and erratic accuracy. He's still got a long way to go after several years as a starter, which is why I think Haskins is a lot more promising (although he also needs work and in actual skill level is more a second round guy). We're all gonna have a hearty laugh if Denver drafts Lock and he ends up as another gigantic but useless QB.
Not a great comparison. Drew Lock doesn't see the ghosts of Suh in his sleep like Gabbert did.

He really just need some refinement from a coaching staff that is quality. I mean, come on. They hired Derek Dooley to work with him.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I think I'd rather have Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Adderley or Thornhill for that objective. CGJ is gonna be real good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

They pick third in the second round, hopefully they grab one
Did they ever figure out a good replacement for Osemele?