Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

There Browns were mostly rookies and UDFA's for 2 years. Dude there's no arguing this.

Not arguing, genuinely curious.

I paid zero attention to the Browns so I will take your word for it. It just seemed like it was much more obvious in other sports than it was in the NFL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

wandler20 posted:

That's a good time. If no one else wants to run it I can.

Edit: Here is the pick thread from last year: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3852342
Here is the sign up thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3851929

Do it wandler!

I'll take Atlanta.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

wandler20 posted:

I'd rather ShakeZula do it but if he doesn't want to I'll give it a go.

I don't blame you. Running things sucks lol

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Thanks for doing this ShakeZula!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Last Chance U star putting in work!

https://twitter.com/DraftDiamonds/status/1108796789963005953?s=19

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Doltos posted:

It's weird that D.K. gets all this attention this draft when there's more question mark prospects out there like Ed Oliver, Jonah Williams, Brian Burns, Kyler Murray, Dwayne Haskins, Rashan Gary, and Deionte Thompson, to name a bunch.

I don't think any of those guys, with the exception of Kyler, have had a more polarizing lead up to and actual combine. DK's pics were all over the internet a couple months before the combine so by then his name had a lot of attention.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Top 5 confirmed

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

wandler20 posted:

60lbs and 4.98.

Look that doesn't sound nearly as impressive.

I heard once that Grady Jarrett ran a 4.4 weighing more than 3 offensive linemen combined.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

it’s like none of these lames have ever told a story

I appreciated the theatrics. These guys are all made for tv and we are all hollywood. I get you bro :hfive:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/CarasikS/status/1111315311951859712

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

Can you explain what “3-tech” and “5-tech” mean? Thanks in advance!

It's where the dlinemen lines up.

3T is between guard and tackle
5T is between tackle and te

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

In addition to what WAC said here's a chart. Gaps are listed on top, the techs are underneath. It's basically where you're having a DL guy line up, either heads up on a lineman, on an inside or outside shoulder, etc.

Yea, here is good write up on the positions and the player example for each one.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-defensive-line-techniques-the-2017-prototypes

Catfish Noodlin posted:

Football terminology is incredibly stupid, and they use the term "technique" to describe where a down linemen is lined up.

Even numbers(0, 2, 4, 6,) are heads-up over opposing blockers, starting with the Center over 0(the classic Nose Tackle look). Odd numbers are shades, where a linemen lines up half over the outside edge of a blocker and half in a gap. Numbers with "i", such as a 2i or 4i are lined up on the inside edge of a defender. Also, for some reason most sources don't call anyone a 6i, and instead put a 7-technique inside of a 6-technique because again football terminology is really stupid.

Generally speaking, there are vague profiles of what kind of player can play what technique based on the kind of blocks they're likely to encounter.

Good poo poo!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

I always had the perception that Allbright was good, does he get things wrong all the time?

Before this AAF whiff, he has been on a pretty good streak.

Though sounds like with this take, he was flat out lied to so...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

Nobody has a track record as bad as JLC. He’s legendarily awful and I’m so happy everyone in TFF finally saw it on a national stage.

Yeah, JLC is rock bottom...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Haskins chose to be at home with his family I thought

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

lol no poo poo. And what's with the rando giant blue arrow pointing nowhere?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

The new DJ mock has Ed Oliver going 3 as an edge rusher.

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/1118177110806319105

No no NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Greedy @ 14

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

I can’t believe Cam is broken already.

He's going into his 9th year and he has by far taken then most contact at the position both legally and illegally. Not that surprising.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

He hasn't even started jerking yet this year.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Another former LCU guy may end up in the league which is cool and good

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1120151812630298625

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

MrLogan posted:

Guys, if there is something we can all agree on it is that the NFC is terrible.

NFC owns. We can at least send more than 1 team to the SB every year and lose :smug:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Andy

Andee

Andeelite

?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I want to be a homer for Drew Lock but that's pretty hard to defend.

You guys didn't grow up calling "all time Q" or something like that? We did. Maybe it's a midwest thing.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Is it too early for a Draft GDT?

I'm finally getting hyped.

Do it.

Please remind Saint fans of their lack of picks...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Please remind Falcons fans of their lack of championships.

We own 80% of SB51. Idiot :smug:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

The main thing I got out of that was who tf talks like that in 2019? "blacks and whites"?! Some redneck rear end nfl exec there.

McGary does seem a little crazy, which I personally like in an OL. :smug:

https://twitter.com/A_Jude/status/1066194325879410688

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Are we really focusing on the player and not the clearly racist exec who literally said "one of the blacks" which should be the real wtf part of this story?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

We can focus on both.

So we are just assuming the player is racist because he didn't want to listen to hip hop?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

It's hard keeping up with TFF's soap boxes and social injustices week to week.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

kiimo posted:

Who said anything about rap? Grandpa corncob clearly said R&B.

This racist lineman hates Jodeci, specifically. He goes hog wild and his face turns red every time he hears anything resembling Al B Sure. You play any Toni Braxton up in this weightroom he's gonna go lynch mob. Metaphorically.

I gotta admit. Chiefs fans on any kind of moral high horse is p funny.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

mcmagic posted:

If you forget about them trading Mack, I think the Raiders had a really good first round...

...for me to poop on?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

kiimo posted:

You have misread my intentions and sucked the fun out of my post. And I didn't even get to make a Tony Toni Tone or Mary J Blige joke yet.

lol...sorry as you were. I appreciate any Tony Toni Tone reference...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Play posted:

Is this really the hill you want to die on right now? Pointlessly defending a random hick you don't know from accusations of racism just because your team drafted him?

Oh no not at all. I know dick all about this dude. It just seems weird to me to assume someone is a racist for throwing a temper tantrum over rap music. Doubly so when the most obvious and direct racist was the one interviewed.

But we post in a forum who is shook by literally The Lion King so...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

All music that I don’t like sucks.

Racist

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

I'm not racist because I won't listen to Rap or Country

Double racist

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Just to put a bow on that whole weird story yesterday...

https://twitter.com/WatchJRoss/status/1122008738787782656?s=19

https://twitter.com/King_kevvoo/status/1122007083576991744?s=19

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I'm sorry sir it is Saturday. Kindly move along.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Doltos posted:

Is this really the hill you want to die on, defending a prospect once all the information came out instead of making a knee jerk soap box post?

:thurman:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Remember when Incognito's teammates swore he didn't still say racist poo poo and it turns it he does then threatened a funeral home

Is this the hill you want to die on...blah blah blah gently caress it who really cares?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I'll die on goons are the real racists hill

:hmmyes: