Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I have to say I really enjoyed this flick and am glad that a sequel has been announced. Miles has been a favorite of mine for a while. The new Doc Oc is probably my favorite incarnation in years! I really hope we see more of her

Edit: I really enjoyed the Bill Sienkiewicz Kingpin but because of the double chin and stubble I couldn't stop thinking "Evil Fred Flintsone" every time he appeared on screen.

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Dec 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

DC Murderverse posted:

As for the To Be Continued, I get that a lot of people are upset about that now but I think that will fade once the second movie comes out. The only difference between this and Avengers or Harry Potter is that it wasn’t advertised explicitly as part one of two, but I think looking at this movie and thinking of everything we likely wouldn’t have gotten if it was just one film, I’d say it’s worth it. I imagine almost all of the Gwen stuff was added after that decision was made because in a 2.5 hour movie that has to start and finish the whole thing, there’s no room for that. They made the right call in the long run even if you annoy some people in the moment.

The only thing that annoyed me about the movie being 2.5 hours long is that I had to piss incredibly bad so i skipped out as soon as the credits started. Was there an after credits scene? :shobon:

And trans Gwen made me rally happy. What an incredible film!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

KittyEmpress posted:

No after credits scene. The title card just slowly shifts from Across The Spiderverse into Beyond The Spiderverse, the name of the next movie.

Groovy, thanks.

I watched it in IMAX and I think I'll see it again in Dolby Cinema. I'm really stoked about this film.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I'm honestly curious if in the next film (speculation but spoilered for anybody who hasn't watched) if it is proven that preventing canon events is NOT the cause of universes unraveling how many Spider-people who fell for Miguel's story are going to be absolutely pissed that he convinced them to do nothing while someone important to them died and now want his loving head.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

My favourite detail I found out today.

When Rio snaps her fingers at Miles after learning his Spanish grade, it’s a little Puerto Rican flag!

This movie is just so drat good

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Don't cut anything because the movie loving rules, you big babies.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

its Mister Kitty time!! :woop:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

WOW seriously wrong thread

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Gnome de plume posted:

Dieter Parker

German guy bitten by a radioactive spider and grew extra arms so uses them to be an amazing synth pop artist.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Her dad is pals with The High Evolutionary and as a child she was dying due to radiation sickness so her dad injected her with radioactive spider blood.

How many radioactive spiders do you have to kill to get like an entire injection?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

fosborb posted:

have you seen what we do to horseshoe crabs?

Yes :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Arc Hammer posted:

I hope Supaidaman shows up in Part 2. Miles already has a Leopardon toy.

I still hold hope for even just a background shot of Italian Spiderman being in part 2.