Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

B Explore the area
82 Burning Mountain, this crew killed a dragon and deserves to vacation with some demons before the next players come in and roll on with the plot.
B Corrupting Embrace, my crew had a lot of fun with the "jump through and tag as many enemies as you can powers" like the bottom of this one.
Splinter and Pikachu should donate to hit prosperity 4 and see what the new store goodies are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

If you still need feedback on hand selection, Mass Hysteria out maybe if we want Gnawing Horde in? Or maybe Scurry out since this takes place in one room? I always end up cutting loot cards to fit in more fun stuff though back when I played, then wondered why I was always poor.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Old Dun Cow posted:

"I use my Stamina Potion to take back Burning Oil" *table groans*

The scoundrel card we groaned at was the "walk around and pick up every coin you step on" especially since ours gleefully paired it with the +2 move boots. The other reason I was broke all the time. I think she retired before getting burning oil though, first of our group to do so.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

1. Think I'm outvoted already but I'll say B because it looks like it might need an inox or cragheart to toss some boulders around.
2. Echo Chamber.
3. D is fine
4. B, D good
5. I'm all for unlocking new characters, especially this one since its the last one I played when my group finished our campaign and I didn't get a chance to make something of it. However, I googled the goal to verify the icon and the picture I saw of the card says 5 enhancements are required, not 4. Did this get changed?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Weird. Here's the link that made me question it, for posterity. Warning the link might have unrelated spoilers like a painted char model not unlocked yet if you click through. I can definitely see it getting changed between editions since 5 is pretty expensive. 4 puts it more in line with certain other money related goals.

So as cool as Pikachu and Ash are I'll vote for

Fritzler posted:

5. H. Sell all items! This well net 70 gold. Then buy C, D, E and F to retire immediately. If not we should sell and buy to retire next scenario (especially if too late).

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

It never came up in my games and I don't have the rulebook handy - can you pitch cards to prevent damage to pets, whether just the bear or including the two dumbfire ones we had out this run?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Lina
A More maps is always good, do we still have enough to retire if it's expensive or can we get the enhancements first?
A
A I want to see the about to be unlocked class in action more but the jaws classes look great too

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Road event B
Next Scenario 23
New class Demolitionist. I really wanted to see what circles could do but I followed the link to the guide and that writer says he's played it to level 9 three times wanting to like it and its his least favorite class in the game. Unfortunately that bears out with how it played when I unlocked it, and its really a step back from beast tyrant. Demo looks like fun and its the least likely to get played in my scenarios so I'll vote for that. I did hear red guard and hatchet are awesome though.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Greed is Good because I want to see goons break three spears, but that's months in the future.

Looks like there's a gooncensus on perks and ability cards so I'll vote with the majority.

I'll concur on both stam pots (gonna be painful switching to the frosthaven version when that comes out. does jaws of the lion use old or new stam pots?) and the boots.

Only name that comes to mind is Thulsa Dooooom with a variable number of o's but Boris works too.

Feral battle goal though it might be rough competing with the spellweaver.

We usually dealt with artillery just by staying out of range but that won't work in this mission for the first few rounds.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Vote for not hubris since we have to be on all the plates simultaneously. Then again, which battle goal did we end up with again? Most lost cards or pincushion?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

1. MVP Boris. That DOOOOOOOOOM is always great on shielded enemies, especially the squishy spirits.

2. B let us befriend the scary crab people, splinter can maybe vermling mind meld them or something to see what they want

3. Perk Add two +1s, boring but effective.

4. I second Living Torch, useful non-loss cards are always great though Lina sweats that less than most classes.

5. My vote is 32 for Splinter's quest but I'm always all about unlocking more characters. Second choice is oozing grove for the town records.

6. Lina and Splinter should donate for blessings

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Reik posted:

Are we houseruling Splinter's personal goal to 2 scenarios?

32 won't retire her instantly but it will open up the retirement scenario.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Superterranean posted:

Are Splinter (and therefore Lina) not immediately retiring after this adventure? if so, Boris should be the one to wander around looting, for sure.

Splinter needs one more which opens up after this I believe.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

MVP: Spellweaver Explosion!
City Event Outcome: A eat it
Destination: Lighthouse I'm fairly sure the Cragheart in my party turned that mission into a tower defense maze with some strategic obstacle movement and creation, but I don't have my mission book to double check.
New MT card: Shared Nightmare looks great.
MT perk: the rolling +1 and the rolling disarm rolling muddle package
Lina perk: +1 curse
Money: Lina and Splinter donate, I'm inclined to save money on Boris because I'm all about seeing more characters in action

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Boris donates: No.
Boris buys a Piercing Bow: No.
Boris buys the Eagle-Eye Goggles: No.
Boris Enhances the top of Fresh Kill with WOUND: No.
Boris Enhances the top of Press the Attack with +1ATK: No.
Road Event outcome, A

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Pit of Souls was definitely the mission where our Cragheart made it into a tower defense maze.

City Event: A
New Card: Wild Command should be fun to see in action since my party member took Inescapable Fate and would drop it on the biggest slowest thing available, usually an elite stone golem or earth elemental, then we'd ignore it until it died.
Market: the bow for our doomstalker
MVP: Boris

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Now that I see it, this is absolutely the map my buddy's cragheart made into a tower defense maze. It wasn't fun getting up top to get the chest.

If we're going to take Restless, maybe swap Perverse Edge for Fearsome Blade and push some skeletons into traps? Though we can still use the stun with scurry.
edit: we could also use Parasitic Influence to set off some traps, but again a bottom action that might conflict with our battle goal.

Road event: A. Maybe Lina can handle it.

Slaan posted:

Road: A run away :gonk:

B is run away for the road event, if that's what you meant.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Mar 7, 2021

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Did we end up taking the move every tum battle goal? Or can we still grab the long rest one? Guess it doesn't matter if we are retiring.

Edit: nevermind, missed the relevant comment in the update. I third the stun and prep plan.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Mar 8, 2021

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Anyone want to use the ice? We could shared nightmare bottom to move up to either close skelly, using the ice for a shield 1, then corrupting embrace top for 2 attacks. If the skeletons are doing the all attacks the same target we can use the ranged attacks using the other halves.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Shield 1s not a huge deal so a stun sounds good. I'm not sure we can make fire.

If we want Splinter to just attack elite skelly 9 then bottom Empathetic Assault at 11 to move up and bless herself sounds good, followed by two attacks from Corrupting Embrace. Otherwise we can use Dark Frenzy to move to G3 and blast skelly 5 too, or Shared Nightmare to keep options open with a ranged attack/more movement.

I haven't participated too much in the goon mind in combat so if anyone has better ideas great. I'm just thinking of putting my name in the hat so wanted to get some practice.

I'll vote for the bolded above and revisit after work.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I knew that would happen. I should have kept the ranged plan b in my splinter vote. I thought about going slow and letting them come to us but ratspeed waits for no :skeltal:

If Lina stuns the elite, one* of the normals will still hit us if we move up. We can disarm the elite and stay back but that's a very early loss. She can maybe stun the normals and we gib 9 but that's the hubris the game loves to punish.

Slaan posted:

The spirits don't trip traps because they're flying right? So they'll end up at D2 and E2?

My take is D1 for LS2 then B1 for LS6 with all three shooting Boris if the other two chars don't meddle with their targeting. Safest plan may be to stun that clump and loss disarm the elite skeleton 9.

*edit both normals will hit us if we kill the elite.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Mar 10, 2021

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Slaan posted:

I can and will stun the elite Skelly near us. Just was hoping those spirits would move into range doing it

Splinter can then move to G3, bless herself, then double attack the elite. Might want to burn the invis cloak if the elite dies so we don't get hit by 6 skelly attacks, but again that's early for a brawl of a mission. If Boris moves away we'd be the target of the 3 spirits too, so definitely use the cloak if we've got all five gunning for us.

I'm terrible at these constant spawn missions on the steam early access game, I have to bring cragheart and a couple of unlockable class ringers to beat them now that I'm mid levels.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

If we hostile takeover someone, that only changes who it attacks, right? I've only used the ability once, in the steam game, and the other enemies still ignored it to hit my more distant characters. If it could tank a round for us that would be a no brainer and probably overpowered even for a loss.

I'm leaning towards saving the cranium overload for a turn when we can blow up a regular skeleton surrounded by enemies to maximize our chances of getting through someone's shields. Right now we'd only get 2 extra attacks (spirit 6 would get 3 but one of those is dying to doom anyway).

My vote is major stam pot back perverse edge and hostile takeover, queue up hostile takeover and dark frenzy. If the skeletons are attacking we can takeover an elite then do a melee attack 6 on one using the ice. If the skeletons are just going to shield up and heal we can do a couple ranged attacks and maybe retreat behind the traps with the other sides of the cards. I want to make sure we get more out of 2 burn cards than 1 dead normal.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

habeasdorkus posted:

Killing the spirits is going to make things much less dangerous in the short term for the group. Those things can plink away at your hp quickly.

Is there a way to bottle up the bones the turn after this? That'd make killing the spirits an even better choice, since you won't be on the verge of getting overrun I'm melee.

That's where Rocky would have come in handy. Splinter can back up a step next turn so that only one skeleton can melee but at some point soon they'll start taking the long way around to the right. If we did have something to block off the paths, or if the room gets too full, they will walk into a trap to make a path, and then we'll be in trouble. Not that we aren't already, heh.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Perverse Edge is always good.

Another unfavorable enemy card pull. Since the skeletons may heal off our brain burst, should we explode spirit 5? We can take over skeleton 10 since he'll go last of the elites so only the normals will heal, plus one less attack on Master Splinter. Skeleton 6 would waste an attack on spirit 2, and 10 would then take its turn and heal back 2 damage. At least Lina is going after them so they won't heal her damage.

Taking over spirit 6 would be fun since it would attack almost everything but its only attack 2 and everything is shielded.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Goonmind vote Cranium Overload explode the back living spirit 5, Hostile Takeover bottom the elite skeleton 10 next to us.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

I think splinter should heal with the potion, then use shared nightmare and perverse edge and start carving up the elite skeletons with those, and get some ice up for next turn when we can stam pot back corrupting embrace and set up a big shanking attack with dark frenzy.

Sounds good. Shared nightmare (8 init) and perverse edge this turn, potion corrupting embrace to use with mass hysteria next turn, then whammy something with a fully powered dark frenzy after that.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Stun the elite 10 next to us I assume. Elite 2 will get a hit on us if I'm reading the board right. Should we coordinate fire with Lina with shared nightmare?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

habeasdorkus posted:

I believe Living Bones 5 can move onto the difficult terrain and take a whack at Splinter so long as it moves.

I thought those were impassable obstacles? If not then we're taking four hits not counting our stun. Elite 2 moving onto the coin, elite 6 moving onto the left rubble, elite 10, and then regular 5 moving onto the right rubble. We may want to back up two steps but that will be getting us all bottled in.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

6 or 10, whichever we don't stun, is going to try take out the burning avatar along with poking two of us. Lina can step onto the rubble to protect it but were you going to cast the mystic ally this turn? If Splinter moves onto the rubble the elites will wrap around and hit a bunch of us.

If we move to F3 and Lina moves to E3, we'll take one hit and she'll take 2 with her retaliate up. She'd need to burn a card though if they draw +0 average or better.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

Remember that the non elite skeleton by the elites is on top of a difficult terrain piece.

Good call, I missed that, that will slow down the others. So yeah stun 10, shoot 6 and 5 with shared nightmare is my vote.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

We gotta make a run for the treasure chest at some point too :getin:

Changing my vote for targets to 4 and 5 leaving 6 to Boris

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Dark Frenzy (10) and Scurry sounds good to me for this turn. It also leaves us the option to pop our boots, get most of the way to the chest, and start drawing some skeletons to the north so we don't all get bottled into the corner behind the pets.

I do still want to pair corrupting embrace with shared nightmare or mass hysteria to generate dark and ice for a really good dark frenzy + battle axe turn in the future, but this turn I want to avoid getting hit if we can while whittling them down some more.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Slaan posted:

Did not expect to end up with 2 elites next to me by jumping there

Gotta use those retaliate charges somehow :getin: Can you go fast enough to move away? Splinter can consider potting back perverse edge instead for the stun on #3, otherwise:

Omobono posted:

Major stamina potion to recover Shared Nightmare, Empathetic Assault, Dark Frenzy.

Act at 07 with Shared Nightmare and Empathetic assault.

sounds good to me.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Splinter: shoot 3 and 4, consuming darkness for poison and curse, then move onto the treasure chest healing and blessing ourselves?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Splinter's used cards from last turn aren't marked in red on the spreadsheet. We have dark frenzy and mass hysteria left, so queue those up and hope to long rest next turn in case we need the boots again?

That Italian Guy posted:

Lina has a bit of a force play here, cause she only has 1 card left in hand. She will need to take a Short Rest (let me know if you want to protect either card Slaan) and play whatever she has left with Reviving Ether. Also Slaan, please let me know if you want to lose any of the currently active cards before you use Reviving Ether next Round.

I think Slaan was planning to long rest this turn.

And I would have voted to leave the chest for Lina but she and Splinter are both retiring once we beat this scenario, and the movement worked out.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Omobono posted:

Should we long rest with Splinter instead? Only 3 will focus her and we're not in a good position to make use of Dark Frenzy and Mass Hysteria, since we'd need to get close.

I was thinking bottom dark frenzy to move to E2, zap #3 then Mass Hysteria to muddle #3 and #6. Mass Hysteria is the least useful card I'd like to lose to the long rest and it's in our hand. This is probably the safest turn to long rest though. I'll still keep my vote dark frenzy & mass hysteria but I'm fine with being outvoted. If we do rest, do we drop mind's weakness? I'm too lazy to do the math to see how many more turns we've got with and without it.

Does Boris have a way out in the next few turns if all the skeletons collapse on him and the pets?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

If splinter moves closer to hit more, will that pull skels 4 and 10 up since we'll be equidistant with the pet but moving faster? And do we want that or do we only want the two elites? Lina may be effectively out two turns since she will need to recover cards next time.

An attack 1 also isn't very reliable given their shields, and healing this turn, but maybe we do want to split the crowd a bit.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I vote move to E2 with dark frenzy bottom, shooting #3, then use the top of the other card to plink 3 and 9, muddling them. 3 will get a hit in on us, 9 will move up a bit, 6 and 8 will be stuck towards the middle, and the normal skeleton pileup will continue thanks to stuns and low movement.

If we go to F2 instead, 4 and 10 should move up a spot towards us which we don't need yet when we can keep them where they are this turn.

We can't quick rest until after 3 hits us so we may as well wait and decide whether to quick or long rest and what to protect if anything after the rest of the turn plays out. Hopefully it won't pull a +2/x2 with the muddle.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Mar 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

G'luck Slaan, hope all is well.

For Lina, we can cold fire using ice to stun #3, then move onto another coin, holding back reviving ether. Then we can quick rest and top ether + whatever next turn? Or should she go ahead and ether this turn? If so, do we drop the pets and retaliate spells to recover them with the revive and recast them up here, or let them keep distracting skeletons down there?

For Splinter, will depend what card we lose but we're in a spot of trouble depending what the skeletons draw next and what happens when we kill the 10th.