Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
I agree with having the new character be a Spellweaver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Name: Someone who manipulates the elements and who will save our party (from not having AOE damage)? How about Korra?

Personal Quest: Definitely a Helping Hand.

Cards: Icy Blast and Cold Fire. Re: Icy Blast - we are hiring our Spellweaver for AOE and we have other single target attacks available (both individually and across the team). Reviving Ether also means we can be a bit more profligate with loss cards. Finally, the top generates Ice (which is why my perk below adds Fire and not Ice).

Perks:

1. Remove four +0s

2. Add one +2 Fire

3. Replace -1 with a +1.

Equipment: Piercing Bow and Minor Mana Potion. Let's save the rest for an eventual Eagle Eye Goggles. Also I think the Market Pool image (not the spreadsheet) is out-of-date since it doesn't have all the applicable items (like Piercing Bow).

Ash: Donate.

P.S. a few grammer issues on the post where the gender/name is leftover from Pikachu

quote:

- As a newly created character, she receives an amount of gold equal to 15x(L+1), where L is his starting level. Pikachu starts with 60g (and 95 XP). Spend them wisely!

- She has 2 Perks for her level and 1 additional Perk because he joined the team as part of Rocky's "Lineage". We have to pick 3 Perks for our new Spellweaver!

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 8, 2019

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Hi TIG, can you add me to the player spreadsheet?

Thanks!

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

City Event: A.
Destination: 61, Fading Lighthouse.
Splinter's Card: Shared Nightmare is excellent.
Splinter's Perks: Add 2x rolling +1 and add 2x rolling Immobilize
Lina's Perk: Add a +1 Curse

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Feb 5, 2021

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

City Event: Option B.
New Card: Darkened Skies. I don't love either of the level 5 cards and with upcoming retirements, some more AOE may be a good idea depending on what classes we pick.
New Perk: Replace two +0s with two +1s.
Market: Let's buy the Piercing Bow for Boris. I also suggest he get a Hawk Helm.
MVP: Boris

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 6, 2021

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

See this is where Darkened Skies coupled with the Piercing Bow would be awesome.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Kanthulhu posted:

That scenario was crazy.

1. MVP/Play of the Game for Scenario 62: Splinter for destroying the boss

2. Our TWO new characters: Summoner + Soothsinger would make a pretty neat party, I think.

3. Boris' NEW PERK: Add +2 MUDDLE

4. Money matters: No idea.

I concur, except would suggest Redguard instead of Summoner.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

New Party Member: Redguard

Soothsinger's name: B

CARDS:
  • level 2: Change Tempo.
  • level 3: Echoing Aria.
  • level 4: Disorienting Dirge

PERKS:
  • 2x Remove two -1
  • Remove one -2
  • Replace one -1 with one +0 Stun
  • Replace one +0 with one +2 Curse

Edit: Actually, can I suggest a different name for our Soothsinger? Jhoni B. Goode

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Mar 29, 2021

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

1. Sunken Vessel
2. Option A
3. Guy Crimson
4. Cards:
  • 2: Barbaric Instincts
  • 3: Strangling Chain
  • 4: Radiant Sickle

Perks:
  • Remove one -2 and add a +1
  • 2x Remove two -1
  • Ignore negative item effects and add one +1

5. Iron Helmet
6. Piety in All Things
7. Seeker of Xorn

Also give our Soothsinger the Flea-bitten Shawl.

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Mar 30, 2021

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Voting:
  • Kir Kanos
  • Option A
  • New Card: Camouflage
  • Perk: +0 Stun. This is always a great draw when it happens and shouldn't be underestimated.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Road Event : A

Next Location: Oozing Grove or Sunken Vessel. Time to advance the Town Records or get some loot!

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

I propose that Letty start at D4 and use:
  • Disorienting Dirge bottom
  • Throw Voice top to hit Flame Demon / Frost Demon in the top right. (Also I think the enemies are mis-numbered, two of them are labelled with 3).
Discards: Turning the Outcome (or Power Ballad, per the below substitution suggestion), Call to Action (or Singing Arrow, if my below substitution suggestion is taken) and Soothing Lullaby.

Substitutions: I agree with swapping Song of Speed for Nimble Knife. Also (i) Turning the Outcome for Power Ballad and (ii) Call to Action for Warding Dagger.

Battle Goal: Marksman.

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Apr 21, 2021

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

The Flame Demons should move to B3 and E2 or F3, then we pick where the traps end up, right? I say we have Flame Demon (3) (should this be a 1 instead?) go to F3, then have the traps dropped in C2 and E2 as that blocks the Earth Demons more efficiently.

Letty should disarm Ice Demon (3) and Earth Demon (4).

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Apr 22, 2021

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

AtomikKrab posted:

Fire demons are flying and not affected by traps right?

I think we can have them move onto the existing traps, and then drop their new traps to block up the frontal path for the demons, That will provide a lot of breathing room for the party.

Fire demons in D3 and F4, Traps in C3 and E3

I agree with this.

Also per my initial post, discard Power Ballad since we took it instead of Tuning the Outcome.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Event: Option A
Kir Kanos's New Card: Sand Devil
Kir Kanos's New Perk: Remove four 0s
Letty's New Card: Mobilizing Measure
Letty's New Perk: Replace two +1s with a +4

Letty & Kir should each also donate 10 gold.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Let’s go to the Oozing Grove and read more of the town records.

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 18:16 on May 23, 2021

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

I don't think me using Mobilizing Measure this early is a good idea, though I am open to being convinced if Boris and Kir's plans hinge on it. Keeping that 6 initiative around for when we really need to get the drop on something seems prudent, not to mention the value of the Move 6 this early.

I think Letty should start in C1, though I am happy to take alternative suggestions.

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 14:44 on May 24, 2021

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Do we want to play this turn so that the door is low but not broken, then someone can open at the start of next round and we can have a nearly full complement of actions to deal with whatever is inside?

Separately, I think my plan will be to drop Power Ballad and Soothing Song for Mobilizing Measure and Song of Speed. This seems like a smash and grab given we have to get the loot and get back to our starting position, so I think Soothing Song in particular is likely to be inefficient. Idea would be to have Mobilizing Measure up if we need flexibility once combat starts, and then Song of Speed to make our getaway. Happy to discuss though if others have suggestions or think we don't need both movement songs.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

bagrada posted:

Yeah we can position around the door like a breaching squad and have Kir attack it this round while you put a song up and Boris sets up. One caveat about healing song - Lavaflows have poison and wound (elites only) on all their attacks. Boris and Kir should be able to clear themselves, and Kir has a targetable short range heal 2. We can focus them down fast or kite them maybe. The healing song itself is inefficient but the heal on the bottom might come in handy. Up to you.

TIG should we submit two rounds of actions, then you can pause once the door is open so we can adjust?

So I am open to suggestions on cards, but if it helps, here is how I am currently thinking of them:

• Essential: Disorienting Dirge, Throw Voice, Song of Speed
  • Important: Defensive Ditty, Echoing Aria, Singing Arrow
  • Useful: Nimble Knife, Mobilizing Measure
  • Niche: Warding Dagger
Possibly useful switch-ins: Marching Beat.

I suppose I can drop Warding Dagger instead of Soothing Lullaby as a switch-in for Mobilizing Measure, though if the group is worried about the poision and wound, though the downside there is that the bottom is single-target and we may have other priorities besides mitigation there (such as escaping faster). I could also swap in Marching Beat for Warding Dagger.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Do we want Kir in G1 and Boris in J1? We want Letty as close as we can to make sure she can get a good disarm off. That said, Letty does have movement if need be and Kir / Boris need to be up close and personal.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

bagrada posted:

I think if Kir moves to C2, Letty to C1 to shank, and Boris to F1 (or wherever, he goes after the melee guys) only Kir should be hit by the poison line attacks, knockback shouldn't throw us anywhere, and the caster will attack at point blank disadvantage. We'd miss out on Letty's bless but the alternative is getting her hit and poisoned too.

I wasn't expecting this many savvas in the first room. Kir's chainmail is forced and automatic on his first three hits of the mission, right? I've been playing with the more active Jaws armor variants lately.

Works for me.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Looking back, we should have had Boris go to D1, so he could get pushed to the door and have Letty pushed to F1. That would have left Letty within 3 hexes of all of the enemies and have negated any (potential) need on her part to move this turn. Still considering her best course of action for now.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

I think we are better off disarming all three than cursing three and disarming only two, so my suggestion might actually be Flame Shroud (bottom) to E2 for Kir and Swift Strength (top) targeting Lavaflow 1 without using the pull, along with the Icestorm, who you can pull to C2 and then stop (since you can't pull it any close to you from that hex). Kir should move at 06, since it lets Letty move after him but still very early. With Letty's current cards, her closest initiative to 16 that isn't earlier in the initiative order is 44, which seems dangerous.

Letty can then move into the room and Disarm all three enemies early enough to avoid any likely disruption from them.

Also maybe not for this room, but Kir should be sure to potion back Sand Devil before we move much further since it would be great here if we had it and I imagine will come in handy for set-up purposes in the rest of the scenario.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Actually, it is possible to negate two summons if we are allowed to change which top/bottom we are using. Previously I was going to use Mobilizing Measure (bottom) and Throw Voice (top), but if I do the reverse, I could have the Icestorm move to A2. Kir and Boris could then surround it and prevent both it and Lavaflow 1 from summoning.

I don't necessarily think this is a good idea, mind you, since it would mean losing Throw Voice (somehow it is this half of the card that is a Loss), but the option exists.

FairGame posted:

Yep. This can be managed. If Kir goes to C2 and the other 2 jam up the ice guy at C1 and D1, the only valid hexes to summon fire demons will be right next to Kir--who'll immediately do 2 damage to them. Then the ice guy wouldn't have a valid hex to summon into because flame demons are taking up the space. And then Kir stomps the flames next turn.

Setting up my goonmind vote for Kir to do exactly that: Move 2 into C2, set up flame shroud.
If we do this, couldn't a Fire Demon be summoned into your current hex by Lavaflow 2? That would mean only one of the two Fire Demons gets hit with Flame Shroud.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

FairGame posted:

Both should get hit.

Order of operations:
Kir moves to C2, sets up shroud
Letty moves to C1, shanks the ice guy (or gets the song up, whatever)
Boris moves to D1, does an undoomed ranged attack on one of the lavaflows
Rightmost lavaflow summons into A2, doing 2 damage immediately to the summoned fire demon AND blocking the only remaining hex the ice savvas could summon into
Leftmost lavaflow can valid summon into E2 or whatever hex Kir is currently standing in before this order of operations starts. Because both are valid hexes and the monster AI isn't tweaked to minimize damage, the party declares the summon is in E2. Doing another 2 damage from shroud. Then Kir stomps next turn and snuffs out this nasty turn without ever having problems.

Great. Works for me then.

I'll have Letty move northeast to the Icestorm and shank.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Letty is planning to drop a lot of curses into the monster deck this round.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Quick question. Was Letty hit for 2 or for 6? The base + mod adds up to 2, but 6 is listed so I wasn't sure if the mod was a typo.

quote:

Savvas Lavaflow 2 focuses Kir Kanos! Moves3 to B1. Attacks Kir Kanos for 0 (3base, NULL CURSEmod, SHIELD1, POISON) damage. Attacks Boris for 5 (3base, x2mod, SHIELD1) damage. Attacks Letty Van Halen for 6 (3base, -1mod) damage.

Also glad to see quick returns on those curses! One other suggestion though would be to list the number of curses (or blesses, come to that) in the monster deck at the end of the round so we can gauge whether to push our luck or not. There should be 4 left at this point.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Should coins have dropped from the dead enemies (or at least the Savvas Lavaflow, if we are playing without the house-rule re: summons dropping coins)?

Also unless anyone objects, I think I plan to have Letty take a breather this round in the interest of not losing any of our key cards. Then next turn Letty can set up a movement song and put herself into position to open the next room.

Otherwise, I will poke the Icestorm and play a discordant tune to throw off the baddies.

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jun 1, 2021

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

bagrada posted:

Last turn, when the icestorm moved from B1 to A2 then to B2, should it have taken 4 damage from two flame shroud triggers? Ditto Lavaflow 2 moving from D2 to B1 and entering a hex adjacent to Kir three times. We only have five triggers and two popped on the elementals so would that be 4 damage to the icestorm and 2 to the lavaflow then the card goes to the loss pile?

If the icestorm is at 3 hp and lavaflow at 7 hp maybe we just goomba stomp the icestorm twice to kill it after strangling the lavaflow.

edit: or can we not double up goomba stomp? It says "all enemies moved through suffer (2) damage"

The answer to this will affect my actions, so it would be great to know before we have to submit orders.

Otherwise my plan was to either shiv and clear a landing space or clear a landing space and start a quick, mobile mambo.

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 2, 2021

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

That Italian Guy posted:

Sorry I've missed that! Flame Shroud should have done its damage, yeah. Fixing it now!
I've also just realized that I don't have orders for Letty. The first set of orders submitted should be good enough to proceed with the update :)

Sent!

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Letty needs to Long Rest this round (losing Echoing Aria after moving Defensive Ditty to the pile so it goes back to my hand).

After that, if Boris wants to be closer to the door, she can move to pick up the free coin since we do need to get her some cash to enhance Throw Voice at some point. Otherwise, her actions will depend on what Boris and Kir Kanos get up to.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Letty will Song of Speed (top) for round 7 so we have extra movement and range in the interest of skedaddling once we get the loot.

Bottom used will be Defensive Ditty but ending back in my current hex.

Does the group want Letty to pop the door or would Kir rather do so?

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

bagrada posted:

Go ahead and open with Letty since your cards are pretty fast and will help us.

Any other votes for Kir cards or are sand devil and shocking advance at 14 ok?

That works for me.

Also re: movement, bear in mind that I brought Marching Beat so if someone is lagging behind, I can use the top of that to help them catch up or otherwise get a move on.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Remember everyone has an extra movement and range when planning for Boris and Kir.

I support the plan of getting to the pressure plates ASAP though and intend to have Letty dash over there to get us started.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Can we have the Sand Devil move to the Earth Demon above Letty? Either that or we'll want someone to pull that Earth Demon as it will give Letty a clear path to bolt to the next room and snag our Macguffin unless we plan to actually clear this room out.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Savvas are dastardly. I am imagining how different things would be going if we hadn't had a string of every Savvas type summoning.

In any case, I want to have Letty make moves to get out of here, and I can bring a friend along for the ride with me, which may be particularly useful if Boris is able to make his way a tad closer to Letty. Apropos of nothing, does the movement boost on Song of Speed affect Marching Beat's top? I presume not, but figure it can't hurt to ask.

Edit: Also shouldn't Singing Arrow have added enough Curses to put 10 in the Monster deck? You had it only add 1, but it affects three hexes and at the time there were 8 curses in the Monster deck.

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jun 8, 2021

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Yes, I think ideally we can pick off low-health targets, but should otherwise aim to get the Earth Demon out of the way for Letty and then get a move on. This is an escape scenario, not a kill scenario, and the longer we spend fighting, the lower our stamina will be for the actually quite long getaway run.

In particular, if Boris can go to the northwest pressure plate, Letty could give him a pep talk that would get him to the top room.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Yes, Letty can move Kir back to the plate with Marching Beat (and is happy to do so).

Thanks also, AtomikKrab, as needing to end the turn on the plates slipped past me.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

bagrada posted:

That's a lot of treasure chests...

I think Letty can only get to the doorway no matter her path, and that's as far as Kir can get too. So to avoid anyone getting disarmed I think my thoughts are:

Sand Devil kills lavaflow 4 then moves back to muddle the earth demon.
Kir moves to H2 to disarm and attack lavaflow 1.
Letty moves to the doorway, then marches Boris to C4 in the top room

Kir will take 3 hits which will hurt but 1 will be muddled and there's a bunch of curses in the deck. Nobody should get disarmed or immobilized.

Then maybe use our last potion to get back Blade Dance, Healing Sands and Shocking Advance.

I concur with this plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Thanks for the extension! Also I had Letty short rest (with instructions for what cards to try and protect). Can you confirm which card was lost, and refresh those that weren't in the spreadsheet?