Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

TravelLog posted:

I suppose I can drop Warding Dagger instead of Soothing Lullaby as a switch-in for Mobilizing Measure, though if the group is worried about the poision and wound, though the downside there is that the bottom is single-target and we may have other priorities besides mitigation there (such as escaping faster). I could also swap in Marching Beat for Warding Dagger.

Good point, looking at the list. We'll probably be on the move most of the mission so unless anybody else wants Soothing Lullaby, Marching Beat in for Warding Dagger sounds good.

My Kir vote:
Omo's proposed card swaps
start in D1
Round 1 Shocking Advance, Shield of the Desert at 10, move to I1 (G1 if Boris can reach I1 for better line of sight for him) and smack the door for 3+/-
Round 2 Sand Devil and Strangling Chain at 19 to hit the door again and hopefully move in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
Do we want Kir in G1 and Boris in J1? We want Letty as close as we can to make sure she can get a good disarm off. That said, Letty does have movement if need be and Kir / Boris need to be up close and personal.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
I'm going to give our active players some more time for this, since I'm still missing a reply to the initial setup for Boris :)

EDIT: also, we may stop after Round1 since a lot will change depending on the HP count of the door after it.
EDIT2: I got everything, updating now for Round1 at least!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 09:30 on May 25, 2021

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Savvas Armory, Round 1A

Hand Changes posted:

- Kir Kanos: removes Precision Strike, Flaming Sickle and Blinding Sickle, adds Shocking Advance, Blade Dance and Sand Devil.
- Letty Van Halen: removes Soothing Lullaby, Power Ballad and Warding Dagger to add Song of Speed, Mobilizing Measure and Marching Beat.
- Boris: no Hand changes!

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- Kir Kanos has picked Executioner as they Battle Goal.

ROUND REVEAL posted:

PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in light yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in red, while lost cards will be marked in purple. Cards in the active slot will be marked in teal (using a colorblind friendly scheme, let me know if you are having issues with it!). Available items are also shown there.

Letty Van Halen (Hand9, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 8 with Echoing Aria and Defensive Ditty.

8. Letty Van Halen the Quatryl Soothsinger (TravelLog) posted:

code:
ECHOING ARIA (08) [Lvl3]
TOP: Song - Persistent Bonus: All allies gain RETALIATE2, Range2 - Gain XP1 at the beginning of each of your turns. When another Song is played, discard this card.
BOT: Round Bonus: SHIELD2, Affect all allies withing Range3 - XP1.

DEFENSIVE DITTY (09) [Lvl1]
TOP: Song - Persistent Bonus: SHIELD1, Affect all allies - Gain XP1 at the beginning of each of your turns. When another Song is played, discard this card.
BOT: Round Bonus: the next time any ally within Range2 suffers damage this Round, they suffer no damage instead - XP1.
Kir Kanos (Hand10, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 10 with Shield of the Desert and Shocking Advance.

10. Kir Kanos the Valrath Red Guard (The Goonmind) posted:

code:
SHIELD OF THE DESERT (10) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - Consume FIRE: add Template - Consume LIGHT: +1ATK, PUSH1, XP1
BOT: Round Bonus: SHIELD3 - Generate FIRE and LIGHT - XP1 - LOSS

SHOCKING ADVANCE (14) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, IMMOBILIZE - Consume LIGHT: Round Bonus: SHIELD1, XP1
BOT: MOVE3 - Generate LIGHT
Boris (Hand12, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 13 with Expose and Rain of Arrows.

13. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (Superterranean) posted:

code:
EXPOSE (13) [Lvl2]
TOP: Persistent Bonus: You gain Advantage on one attack each turn targeting a Doomed enemy - All enemies lose INVISIBLE and may no longer gain INVISIBLE - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: Doom: Place your character token on any one enemy - You and all allies gain PIERCE2 on all your attacks targeting this enemy - When this enemy dies or another Doom is played, discard this card.

RAIN OF ARROWS (33) [Lvl1]
TOP: Persistent Bonus: the next four times a Doomed enemy dies, perform an ATK2, Range5 action. - XP1 on 1st and 3rd activation - LOSS
BOT: Doom: Place your character token on any one enemy - Add +2ATK to all your Attacks targeting this enemy - When this enemy dies or another Doom is played, discard this card.

Savvas Armory, Round 1B

9. Letty Van Halen the Quatryl Soothsinger (TravelLog) posted:

- Letty Van Halen uses Echoing Aria (bot)! Moves3 to I1.
- Letty Van Halen uses Defensive Ditty (top)! Song - Persistent Bonus: SHIELD1, Affect all allies - Gain XP1 at the beginning of each of your turns. When another Song is played, discard this card.

10. Kir Kanos the Valrath Red Guard (The Goonmind) posted:

- Kir Kanos uses Shocking Advance (bot)! Moves2 to G1.
- Kir Kanos uses Shield of the Desert (top)! Attacks Door (b) for 4 (3base, +1mod) damage!
Door (b) is at 4 HP.
LIGHT is now strong.

13. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (Superterranean) posted:

- Boris uses Rain of Arrows (bot)! Moves2 to H1.
- Boris uses Expose (top)! Persistent Bonus: You gain Advantage on one attack each turn targeting a Doomed enemy - All enemies lose INVISIBLE and may no longer gain INVISIBLE - XP2 - LOSS

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- LIGHT is now waning.

Savvas Armory, Round 2A

ROUND REVEAL posted:

PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in light yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in red, while lost cards will be marked in purple. Cards in the active slot will be marked in teal (using a colorblind friendly scheme, let me know if you are having issues with it!). Available items are also shown there.

Kir Kanos (Hand8, Discarded2, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 19 with Strangling Chain and Sand Devil.

19. Kir Kanos the Valrath Red Guard (The Goonmind) posted:

code:
STRANGLING CHAIN (19) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK3, IMMOBILIZE - Round Bonus: Each time the target is attacked this Round, it suffers 1 damage - Consume FIRE: 2 damage instead, XP1
BOT: MOVE4 - IMMOBILIZE, Target alla adjacent enemies

SAND DEVIL (55) [Lvl5]
TOP: Persistent Bonus: Place the Sand Devil in an adjacent empty hex. It is considered a trap for the purposes of monster focusing and movement. At the start of each of your turns, you may move it up to 2 hexes, and you may force any figure on it to move with it. Any time a figure moves onto the devil or vice versa (not when moving together), the figure suffers 1 damage and gains MUDDLE. - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: MOVE5
Letty Van Halen (Hand7, Discarded1, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 32 with Marching Beat and Nimble Knife.

32. Letty Van Halen the Quatryl Soothsinger (TravelLog) posted:

code:
MARCHING BEAT (32) [Lvl1]
TOP: One ally within Range3 may perform MOVE4.
BOT: MOVE4.

NIMBLE KNIFE (27) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK2 - CURSE - BLESS, affect one adjacent ally.
BOT: MOVE4
Boris (Hand10, Discarded1, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 65 with Fresh Kill and Solid Blow.

65. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (Superterranean) posted:

code:
FRESH KILL (65) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - Add +2ATK and XP1 if the target is undamaged.
BOT: MOVE3, Jump

SOLID BLOW (31) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range 5
BOT: MOVE4

Savvas Armory, Round 2B

- Kir Kanos uses Strangling Chain (top)! Attacks Door (b) for 4 (3base, +1mod) damage!
Door (b) is killed!

- Savvas Lavaflow 1, 2 revealed!
- Savvas Icestorm 4 revealed!

Good old Rocky was a Savvas outcast, its chest elemental affinity blackened. These guys are major elemental assholes; the only good news is that there are only 4 standees per type.

Please feel free to send me revised orders now that you know what's inside the new room :)

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind! Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:18 on May 25, 2021

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
well, gently caress these guys.

I think Boris wants to move up onto one of the difficult-terrain tiles to be in a position to use the +target on a lucky draw, and then arrow the icestorm.

Is Kir going to move up to D1 and start smashing face?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Since we haven't deal with "Melee" template attacks on the monster end often enough, I'd like to remind everyone that, to determine their Focus, a monster will try to use the least movement to be in an unoccupied hex within Range and LoS to attack a target.

This may lead to some not immediately obvious choices given the straigh line template the Lavaflows are using this Round.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Savvas are basically the worst

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Superterranean posted:

Is Kir going to move up to D1 and start smashing face?

I think if Kir moves to C2, Letty to C1 to shank, and Boris to F1 (or wherever, he goes after the melee guys) only Kir should be hit by the poison line attacks, knockback shouldn't throw us anywhere, and the caster will attack at point blank disadvantage. We'd miss out on Letty's bless but the alternative is getting her hit and poisoned too.

I wasn't expecting this many savvas in the first room. Kir's chainmail is forced and automatic on his first three hits of the mission, right? I've been playing with the more active Jaws armor variants lately.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Yup, chain armor is mandatory, but if you have other sources of shield, you can try to protect the charges inasmuch as possible. You get to choose the order of shield use.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

i think i concur on the Kir plan.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

bagrada posted:

I think if Kir moves to C2, Letty to C1 to shank, and Boris to F1 (or wherever, he goes after the melee guys) only Kir should be hit by the poison line attacks, knockback shouldn't throw us anywhere, and the caster will attack at point blank disadvantage. We'd miss out on Letty's bless but the alternative is getting her hit and poisoned too.

I wasn't expecting this many savvas in the first room. Kir's chainmail is forced and automatic on his first three hits of the mission, right? I've been playing with the more active Jaws armor variants lately.

Works for me.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Savvas Armory, Round 2B

- None!

- Kir Kanos uses Sand Devil (bot)! Moves5 to C2.

32. Letty Van Halen the Quatryl Soothsinger (TravelLog) posted:

Song Active! Gains 1XP.
- Letty Van Halen uses Marching Beat (bot)! Moves4 to C1.
- Letty Van Halen uses Nimble Knife (top)! Attacks Savvas Icestorm 4 for 2 (2base, +1mod, SHIELD1) damage! Savvas Icestorm 4, , are CURSED! There are currently 1 CURSES in the monsters' deck. There are currently 1 CURSES in the monsters' deck.
Savvas Icestorm 4 is at 12 HP.

41. Savvas Lavaflow posted:

- Savvas Lavaflow 1 focuses Kir Kanos! Attacks Kir Kanos for 1 (3base, +0mod, SHIELD1, CHAINMAIL) damage.
Kir Kanos is at 17 HP and is POISONED!
- Savvas Lavaflow 1 focuses Kir Kanos! Attacks Kir Kanos for 0 (3base, NULL CURSEmod, SHIELD1, POISON) damage. There are currently 0 CURSES in the monsters' deck.

65. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (Superterranean) posted:

- Boris uses Solid Blow (bot)! Moves4 to F1.
- Boris uses Fresh Kill (top)! Attacks Savvas Lavaflow 1 for 5 (4base, rolling ADD TARGET, +1mod) damage! Attacks Savvas Lavaflow 2 for 5 (4base, +1mod) damage! Gains 2XP.
Savvas Lavaflow 1 is at 11 HPSavvas Lavaflow 2 is at 11 HP

70. Savvas Icestorm posted:

- Savvas Icestorm 1 focuses Kir Kanos! Kir Kanos is PUSHED2 to F2 through E2. Letty Van Halen is PUSHED2 to door (b) hex, through E1. Attacks Kir Kanos for 5 (4base, x2mod turned into +0mod by Iron Helmet, SHIELD1, CHAINMAIL, PIERCE3, POISON) damage.
Kir Kanos is at 12 HP and is POISONED!

I had forgot to place the (d) marker after populating the room. Not that it does anything. Yet.

- The Monsters's deck is shuffled!
- LIGHT is now inert.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
"Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind!
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves."
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Looking back, we should have had Boris go to D1, so he could get pushed to the door and have Letty pushed to F1. That would have left Letty within 3 hexes of all of the enemies and have negated any (potential) need on her part to move this turn. Still considering her best course of action for now.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah I forgot it could still push us sideways as long as it was to a hex further away.

Heading to work so I can't plot it out yet but Kir could probably yank the caster into a clump with the others for Letty to disarm all three. Relies on them going slower than us though.

Or yank the farthest into dirge range.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Kir vote Swift Strength and Shield Spikes at 16. Do some attacking, some pulling, and either reposition or heal off poison generating fire depending on what the baddies are doing.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 26, 2021

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

I think we are better off disarming all three than cursing three and disarming only two, so my suggestion might actually be Flame Shroud (bottom) to E2 for Kir and Swift Strength (top) targeting Lavaflow 1 without using the pull, along with the Icestorm, who you can pull to C2 and then stop (since you can't pull it any close to you from that hex). Kir should move at 06, since it lets Letty move after him but still very early. With Letty's current cards, her closest initiative to 16 that isn't earlier in the initiative order is 44, which seems dangerous.

Letty can then move into the room and Disarm all three enemies early enough to avoid any likely disruption from them.

Also maybe not for this room, but Kir should be sure to potion back Sand Devil before we move much further since it would be great here if we had it and I imagine will come in handy for set-up purposes in the rest of the scenario.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I think it is best for kir to go as fast as possible with letty going as fast as possible and doing a big disarm this turn to cripple them while boris Dooms and shoots.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Boris is going to go very fast and doom something, probably the +1atk-for-allies doom. Which one is Kir planning on hitting?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

TravelLog posted:

my suggestion might actually be Flame Shroud (bottom) to E2 for Kir and Swift Strength (top) targeting Lavaflow 1 without using the pull, along with the Icestorm, who you can pull to C2 and then stop (since you can't pull it any close to you from that hex). Kir should move at 06

That works for me too, I'll strike my earlier vote and second this for now. Flame Shroud, Swift Strength, 06

Superterranean posted:

Boris is going to go very fast and doom something, probably the +1atk-for-allies doom. Which one is Kir planning on hitting?

The icestorm and lavaflow 1 per the above plan. Going as fast as we can to set up for Letty.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Savvas Armory, Round 2A

ROUND REVEAL posted:

Have I mentioned that these guys are the worst?

PLAYER'S OVERVIEW

Kir Kanos (Hand6, Discarded4, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 6 with Flame Shroud and Swift Strength.

6. Kir Kanos the Valrath Red Guard (The Goonmind) posted:

code:
FLAME SHROUD (06) [Lvl1]
TOP: Generate FIRE Persistent Bonus: the next five times an enemy enters an hex adjacent to you, that enemy suffers 2 damage - Gain XP1 at the 2nd and 5th trigger, then LOSS
BOT: MOVE4 - Consume FIRE: Round Bonus: SHIELD1, XP1

SWIFT STRENGTH (16) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range2, Target2, PULL1
BOT: MOVE2, Jump - Round Bonus: SHIELD1.
Letty Van Halen (Hand7, Discarded1, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 6 with Mobilizing Measures and Throw Voice.

6. Letty Van Halen the Quatryl Soothsinger (TravelLog) posted:

code:
MOBILIZING MEASURES (06) [Lvl5]
TOP: Song - Persistent Bonus: All allies may perform a MOVE1 action before any of their Attack actions. - Gain XP1 at the beginning of each of your turns. When another Song is played, discard this card.
BOT: MOVE6 - XP1.

THROW VOICE (44) [Lvl1]
TOP: DISARM, Range3, see Template.
BOT: Range3, see Template. Force all enemies in the targeted area to perform a MOVE1 action with you controlling the actions - XP1 - LOSS
Boris (Hand10, Discarded1, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 10 with Press the Attack and Multi-Pronged Assault.

10. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (Superterranean) posted:

code:
PRESS THE ATTACK (10) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - add +3ATK and XP1 if the target is Doomed.
BOT: RETALIATE2, Range 2.

MULTI-PRONGED ASSAULT (14) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK4, Range 3, Target 2 - XP2 - LOSS
BOT:  Doom: Place your character token on any one enemy - All allies add +1ATK to all their attacks targeting this enemy - When this enemy dies or another Doom is played, discard this card.

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind! Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Balls. Disarm does nothing when they're not attacking. Maybe it's better to pray to RNGods and hit one of the lavaflows as hard as possible now, hoping to kill it?

Boris is going to doom the most injured lavaflow and then shoot it.

e: is there any way at all for us to move so that one of the Lavaflows has no place to summon?

Superterranean fucked around with this message at 11:58 on May 27, 2021

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Lets go to high intensity shanking then instead of a disarm.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

If Kir sets up his flame shroud, would the demons take 2 damage if summoned next to him? A goomba stomp would then finish the fire demons next turn.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Yep. This can be managed. If Kir goes to C2 and the other 2 jam up the ice guy at C1 and D1, the only valid hexes to summon fire demons will be right next to Kir--who'll immediately do 2 damage to them. Then the ice guy wouldn't have a valid hex to summon into because flame demons are taking up the space. And then Kir stomps the flames next turn.

Setting up my goonmind vote for Kir to do exactly that: Move 2 into C2, set up flame shroud.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

works for me. Boris will move to whichever of C1 and D1 Letty doesn't go to, and then sigh while shooting an undoomed lavaflow

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

FairGame posted:

Setting up my goonmind vote for Kir to do exactly that: Move 2 into C2, set up flame shroud.

Worth a shot. I also vote chug minor stam pot getting back shield of the desert for a faster init and to eat the fire next round, plus sand devil

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Actually, it is possible to negate two summons if we are allowed to change which top/bottom we are using. Previously I was going to use Mobilizing Measure (bottom) and Throw Voice (top), but if I do the reverse, I could have the Icestorm move to A2. Kir and Boris could then surround it and prevent both it and Lavaflow 1 from summoning.

I don't necessarily think this is a good idea, mind you, since it would mean losing Throw Voice (somehow it is this half of the card that is a Loss), but the option exists.

FairGame posted:

Yep. This can be managed. If Kir goes to C2 and the other 2 jam up the ice guy at C1 and D1, the only valid hexes to summon fire demons will be right next to Kir--who'll immediately do 2 damage to them. Then the ice guy wouldn't have a valid hex to summon into because flame demons are taking up the space. And then Kir stomps the flames next turn.

If we do this, couldn't a Fire Demon be summoned into your current hex by Lavaflow 2? That would mean only one of the two Fire Demons gets hit with Flame Shroud.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

TravelLog posted:

Actually, it is possible to negate two summons if we are allowed to change which top/bottom we are using. Previously I was going to use Mobilizing Measure (bottom) and Throw Voice (top), but if I do the reverse, I could have the Icestorm move to A2. Kir and Boris could then surround it and prevent both it and Lavaflow 1 from summoning.

I don't necessarily think this is a good idea, mind you, since it would mean losing Throw Voice (somehow it is this half of the card that is a Loss), but the option exists.

Gloomhaven definitely allows changing which half of a card you're using :)

I agree that using a LOSS this early is an error, for what it's worth.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

TravelLog posted:

Actually, it is possible to negate two summons if we are allowed to change which top/bottom we are using.
You are! You don't have to pick a top/bottom or decide on your action before it's time to submit your Step B orders. During Step A, you only pick the 2 cards you want to use, and your initiative value.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

TravelLog posted:

If we do this, couldn't a Fire Demon be summoned into your current hex by Lavaflow 2? That would mean only one of the two Fire Demons gets hit with Flame Shroud.

Both should get hit.

Order of operations:
Kir moves to C2, sets up shroud
Letty moves to C1, shanks the ice guy (or gets the song up, whatever)
Boris moves to D1, does an undoomed ranged attack on one of the lavaflows
Rightmost lavaflow summons into A2, doing 2 damage immediately to the summoned fire demon AND blocking the only remaining hex the ice savvas could summon into
Leftmost lavaflow can valid summon into E2 or whatever hex Kir is currently standing in before this order of operations starts. Because both are valid hexes and the monster AI isn't tweaked to minimize damage, the party declares the summon is in E2. Doing another 2 damage from shroud. Then Kir stomps next turn and snuffs out this nasty turn without ever having problems.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

FairGame posted:

Both should get hit.

Order of operations:
Kir moves to C2, sets up shroud
Letty moves to C1, shanks the ice guy (or gets the song up, whatever)
Boris moves to D1, does an undoomed ranged attack on one of the lavaflows
Rightmost lavaflow summons into A2, doing 2 damage immediately to the summoned fire demon AND blocking the only remaining hex the ice savvas could summon into
Leftmost lavaflow can valid summon into E2 or whatever hex Kir is currently standing in before this order of operations starts. Because both are valid hexes and the monster AI isn't tweaked to minimize damage, the party declares the summon is in E2. Doing another 2 damage from shroud. Then Kir stomps next turn and snuffs out this nasty turn without ever having problems.

Great. Works for me then.

I'll have Letty move northeast to the Icestorm and shank.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Heck, there'll be fire on the board next turn and Kir could play Burn Away the Dark to wound EVERYTHING on the board and then heal himself. This actually isn't a bad turn at all for the Torch Thieves

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Burning away the dark is even better than goomba stomping in this instance.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Savvas Armory, Round 3B

- None!

6. Kir Kanos the Valrath Red Guard (The Goonmind) posted:

- Kir Kanos uses Swift Strength (bot)! Jumps2 to C2. Round Bonus: SHIELD1.
- Kir Kanos uses Flame Shroud (top)! Persistent Bonus: the next five times an enemy enters an hex adjacent to you, that enemy suffers 2 damage - Gain XP1 at the 2nd and 5th trigger, then LOSS.

6. Letty Van Halen the Quatryl Soothsinger (TravelLog) posted:

Song Active! Gains 1XP.
- Letty Van Halen uses Mobilizing Measures (top)! Moves3 to C1. Gains 1XP.
- Letty Van Halen uses Throw Voice (bot)! Attacks Savvas Icestorm 4 for 2 (2base, x2mod, SHIELD1) damage!
Savvas Icestorm 4 is at 9 HP
Letty Van Halen uses Minor Stamina Potion! Recovers Mobilizing Measures and Throw Voice.

10. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (Superterranean) posted:

- Boris uses Multi-Pronged Assault (bot)! Moves1 to D1.
- Boris uses Press the Attack (top)! Attacks Savvas Lavaflow 1 for 2 (2base, +0mod) damage!
Savvas Lavaflow 1 is at 9 HP

97. Savvas Lavaflow posted:

- Savvas Lavaflow 1 focuses Kir Kanos! Summons Flame Demon 2 in hex A2! Flame Demon 2 suffers 2 damage from Flame Shroud!
Flame Demon 2 is at 1 HP.
- Savvas Lavaflow 2 focuses Kir Kanos! Summons Flame Demon 6 in hex A2! Flame Demon 6 suffers 2 damage from Flame Shroud! Kir Kanos gains 1XP.
Flame Demon 6 is at 1 HP.
FIRE is now strong.

98. Savvas Icestorm posted:

- Savvas Icestorm 4 focuses Kir Kanos! No action taken!
AIR is now strong.

- Letty Van Halen's deck is shuffled.
- FIRE is now waning.
- AIR is now waning.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
"Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind!
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves."
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

i'd like kir to have minor stamina potioned back shocking advance and strangling chain.

then

init 14
burn away the dark
shocking advance.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

i'd like kir to have minor stamina potioned back shocking advance and strangling chain.

then

init 14
burn away the dark
shocking advance.

I'll second this though its a risk if one of the savvas goes faster and uses up the fire. I wish we could pair burn with goomba stomp but that's too slow.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

we still kill the fire demons either way, wounding the savvas is a nice side benefit.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

AtomikKrab posted:

then

init 14
burn away the dark
shocking advance.

I like this.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Letty is planning to drop a lot of curses into the monster deck this round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Psst... The new rolling advantage rules are superior and you should incorporate them. :)