Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
I don't like that he previously released them all in a batch but mostly because I'm the kind of person who will binge watch them instead of doing productive human things.

Also am I the only one who thinks the sub feed is so irredeemable and broken I just went back to adding my fav channels to Thunderbird as RSS feeds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

Sex Tragedy posted:

Destroying the carefully and beautifully created realism of a single world with hard laws, referring to the admittedly harsh physical reality we share as people with physical bodies.
I love how you somehow manage to argue that Sekiro is good because it's experience isn't universal, and yet it should not in any way accommodate anybody because that would "destroy" it's unified vision. It's somehow both changing depending on the player yet also immutable and untouchable.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

Pennsylvanian posted:

Last podcast had some good bits. Woolie reading Portuguese peoples' minds and the both of them breaking genres down were standouts.

Part of me wishes they had gone deeper in on Scott Adams, like mentioning his Dilbert shaped mansion and pool. Or why he has two microwaves.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

All he needed to believe was to jack in.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

Tupperwarez posted:

Flashback to his chip bag 'hack' where he turns the bag over and opens the bottom, because apparently the tiny pinch of loose seasoning at the bottom of the bag makes the chips taste better.

You hate him because he speaks the truth.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

that's actuall pretty cool

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

Mr. Woolie Versus, let me on your show. I have strong opinions on the shapes of continents and what they resemble.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

Oxyclean posted:

vtubing definitely feels like it comes with it's own pitfalls, unless your avatar is like, something no-one can make horny. but even then, i'm sure there's just different boundary stuff. Or just people treating you too much like a character, or not enough like a character.

The issue is that no matter what you do there's an expectation that, as a streamer/entertainer, you develop some kind of rapport with your audience. Being a Vtuber sort of helps seperate the performance from the real human behind it, but that doesn't stop people from being really weird and possessive about the Vtuber character, even at cost to the human being behind them.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

Plan Z posted:

Imagine you're a teenager and you have video evidence that your mother once had to go to the hospital because she "Jokered herself" with a cheese knife.

Imagine you are a teenager and you have several years worth of audio/video material of your parents being young adults and saying/doing dumb poo poo for entertainment.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

Any time baby Boivin doesn't get their way they threathen to play the audio of Woolie describing a colostomy bag as a z-targetable weak point.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

Covid is such a slot machine of a virus too. Both me and my housemate have had it at separate times, and where I mostly felt like I had an annoying flu she was completely knocked out for like two weeks. Hope Woolie isn't gonna have to suffer in bed like that, it sucks.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

Pat should've argued with a video compilation of himself for two hours

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

Reggie should fill in pretending to be woolie, and anytime somebody goes "Hey that's Reggie, where's Woolie" they should accuse that person of being racist and believing all black people look the same.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I really think Pat heavily overstated how easy it is to gently caress up your character but then again Woolie ran through almost all of ME2 hip-firing an anti-tank rifle at point blank range and using a shotgun for long range so...

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I just got the clip of Woolie and Reggie's bidet discussion in my recommends and I am amused at how completely confident Woolie seems to be that bidets only exist in their modern form, like they haven't been around in various permutations for more than two centuries.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

Darkest Dungeon 2 is a coming of age story because the Antiquairian is a shitheel just like Holden Caulfield.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

beep by grandpa posted:

For one, it's a terrible name for what it's designed to be for

I thought the name was fun but the existence of the channel was weird. Just seems like a strange way to split your video views and subs.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

Captain Invictus posted:

and people just keep submitting vtuber clips to them and for some reason woolie hasn't just forbidden them outright. all it takes is one to worm its way into your brain and you're doomed faster than a pressure failure in a submarine 4000 meters deep, but so far woolie and reggie have remained vigilant

The Vtuber fans remain undeterred, no matter how much pushback they get.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

hubris.height posted:

haven't kept up on these guys much since they dissolved, anyone got a where are they now summary for me?

Patrick Boivin has been outed as an agent of the CSIS, nicknamed "Le Blaireau", working on undermining Quebecois independence efforts. He has had to flee the region after getting caught during an undercover smuggling operation where he attempted to move 500 gallons of priceless maple syrup into British Columbia. He was released provisionally because Paige kept annoying the prison warden about it.

Matt has become the Shadow President of the USA and has been working behind the scenes to consolidate his power and get rid of his rivals. He continues posing as an entertainer and video essayist but those in the know know that he's on the cusp of starting a revolution and being crowned king of America.

Woolie found the location of Maddentown on an Island off the shores of Ireland and has taken over as local dictator, rumors are he is preparing a marine invasion of Ireland and the British Isles after training his people, because taking the isles is kinda like SamSho if you think about it.

Liam has not been seen or heard from in years. Dark Web sources say he is being held in a secret facility in Japan somewhere, where his brain is being used as a processor for a supercomputer which will create the ultimate Anime game. But they say his expanded consciousness is slowly leaking out of it's prison and will soon flood into the internet, forcing everyone to play the newest Gal*Gun whenever they try and do their online banking.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

Yardbomb posted:

That's pretty real, there's been a bunch of times where someone was obviously being lovely to me about being LGBTQ and after a point it's like, can you just call me a fag and get this over with pal, save us both some time.

Aha, you said the slur not me. Making me the victor :smugbert:

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

Every Youtuber is quitting after the Tom Scott video, and Eyepatch Wolf is there to pick up and continue their channels for them.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

Despite repeat attempts by the Vtuber watchers to get him into it by submitting painfully mid clips for the slopstreams, it seems like Woolie just does not care much for Vtubers either way.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

Given that Woolie was there to witness it when Matt and Pat's relationship collapsed while they were still working together I would guess maybe he's a little cautious about collaboration and tying himself to other content creators. I mean he's been developing a really close friendship with EW for years before they decided to do a podcast together.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

Does Nintendo actually hold the rights to Chibi Robo?

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

Shinji2015 posted:

I'm not done with the episode yet, but the sheer horror he experienced at being recognized at the strip club was delightful

The part where he explains literally did the Smithers pose killed me, only to then be followed up by one of the dancers teasing him and he replies "I have a wife and we play playstation together".
EPW has become the living incarnation of a Simpsons reference,

Clerical Terrors fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Feb 15, 2024

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

Holy poo poo Woolie's Fear and Hunger tale is amazing.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

Tae posted:

Woolie is a house owner.

The Woolgeoisie.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

Judge Tesla posted:

Hate to do a well actually on you but, he's wasn't a Nintendo lawyer, The Pokemon Company is a seperate entity.

There actually are hundreds of Pokemon fan games out there that haven't had anything happen to them.

Do you happen to have the names and addresses of the people making these fan games and/or those of their lawyers?

Asking for a friend.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7CbpUE2lCo

Certified Source moment.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

Some of the submissions are pretty neat and then some of them are just very boring Vtuber clips you probably won't get anything out of if you're not already deep into the culture.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

Warbird posted:

Not sure why you kept repeating yourself like that but yeah.

It vexes me

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

a cartoon duck posted:

yeah that got me to stop watching her stuff. not shenmue 3 specifically, but the fact the vast majority of her videos are just endlessly repeating greatest hits with less and less new, interesting or actionable information.

i remember she talked about losing subscribers when she started transitioning, and i don't doubt there's a non-zero amount of people who watched her stuff while thinking "i agree with all their views on social justice issues, but wouldn't if they transitioned", but also i somehow doubt deciding to be the miserable bastard child of a media watchdog and a content mill is all that conducive to viewer retention or channel growth

I mean that's why I stopped paying attention, I'm sure since then there's been some good videos but I just couldn't be bothered to keep up to check anymore after it started feeling like every video was just reaffirming what she'd already said dozens of times.

It's not even that I mind the recurring bits or the cynical tone, it's just that the videos feel trite and lame. Like she's just become another of those "react to video game news" channels but on a different political side. The Quartering but for They/Them or something.

To circle back to the point of the thread, the podcast with Pat and Woolie pretty much fills that same niche now, if I want people reacting to industry news I'd rather it be in the form of some banter by people who seem like they at least care about games and play them lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

Being locked into only making certain types of content is absolutely a thing, but not having a Patreon can usually make that worse because you're even more dependent on the whims of the algorithm or streaming the right games to get views. There are creators, especially artists, who shoot themselves in the foot by thinking they are required to let Patrons have creative input by letting them vote on subjects etc. but that's a completely avoidable problem if you're just upfront about not wanting that to happen. People will still gladly give a dollar a month to let you just faff about, hell people keep giving money to Super Bunnyhop despite his output having slowed to a crawl.