Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

facebook employee, looking at huge screen with all the email contacts on it, mouse hovering over the "UPLOAD" button when a loud noise startles him: ahh gently caress poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/thehackersnews/status/1118599535541010434?s=21

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

wait so integrating xss into the desktop of an operating system (and probably into a process with god rights) is.... um... bad?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

flakeloaf posted:

wait so integrating xss into the desktop of an operating system (and probably into a process with god rights) is.... um... bad?

:monocle:

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/alexeheath/status/1118937860843933697

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
love to bury lovely news on days where the president is loving up (its every day)

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
Why choose between burying the disclosure somewhere nobody will find it and burying the disclosure underneath some much bigger news? you can definitely do both.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Shame Boy posted:

why would you use a stolen car for doing crimes
Would you instead suggest using a car that's registered to you?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

evil_bunnY posted:

Would you instead suggest using a car that's registered to you?

i was thinking more don't use a car at all and arrange some other form of transport but w/e

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

take the bus to your bank robbery, it's better for the environment

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Shame Boy posted:

i was thinking more don't use a car at all and arrange some other form of transport but w/e

ah, the conservative racist fever dream that public transportation and bike lanes will let those urbans steal your tv

you need to move out of florida its turning you insane

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Shame Boy posted:

:same:
also much easier to lose a tail

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

flakeloaf posted:

horrific privacy issue you cause when you gather and aggregate personally-identifying information about people and their movements without an articulable purpose. Even if you aren't keeping the search data, the records of the queries are still held by the system and you can learn some entertaining things about people with access to those logs.

good post but this in particular is something cops absolutely do not give a poo poo about and is in no way a reason they don't use automatic plate readers. I remember an expose on it a few years back but here's a much more recent article https://techcrunch.com/2019/01/22/police-alpr-license-plate-readers-accessible-internet/

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

every year or two some dork goes and gets himself fired for misusing cpic despite the numerous fire-of-god warnings about how that's the one thing that will always get you merrily earfucked, so i can absolutely believe the rank and file give roughly no shits about the privacy concerns

the bosses in the dress unis and the politicians have more reasons to care, so directions on where and how to deploy the neato toy ought to come from them

they aren't, of course

and yes naturally they are configured and deployed by imbeciles

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

amusingly enough a lot of robbers escape via foot and public transportation in nyc while in la they strongly prefer cars.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

fishmech posted:

ah, the conservative racist fever dream that public transportation and bike lanes will let those urbans steal your tv

you need to move out of florida its turning you insane

yes that's clearly what i meant, thank you for always interpreting literally everything i say in the worst possible light

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
that's fishmech

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
please do not fishmech this thread

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

fishmech posted:

well its not like there's much point to stealing your getaway car months in advance or anything

your hodgepodge of donutchuggers randomly picking cars to follow still ain't going to be an effective dragnet against stolen vehicles

In Australia we have permanent fixed cameras in various places that automatically run plates and issue fines for vehicles with expired registration. I'd expect they could harvest that data to hunt stolen cars too.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Shame Boy posted:

yes that's clearly what i meant, thank you for always interpreting literally everything i say in the worst possible light

say what you meant then, floridalord

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

fishmech posted:

floridalord

The proper title is Lord of the Sunshame State.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Receptionist of Heaven's Waiting Room

Gun Metal Cray
Apr 27, 2005

Pillbug

Shame Boy posted:

my old bank got robbed by a guy on a bike

a good robber

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

they're consultants, there's no long term money in fixing a problem, only in managing it year after year after year

:

Acer Pilot posted:

the internet was a mistake.

i just saw cloudflare is launching a "free vpn." idk how i missed the 1.1.1.1 thing, what was the pos' ruling on that?

for some weird reason cloudflare decided to block archive.is but 1.1.1.1 is :coal:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Cloudflare protects Nazi's and refuses to take responsibility on that issue. Don't use them.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

flakeloaf posted:

every year or two some dork goes and gets himself fired for misusing cpic despite the numerous fire-of-god warnings about how that's the one thing that will always get you merrily earfucked, so i can absolutely believe the rank and file give roughly no shits about the privacy concerns

http://www.citypages.com/news/is-anne-marie-rasmusson-too-hot-to-have-a-drivers-license-6755567

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Gun Metal Cray posted:

my old bank got robbed by a guy on a bike

a good robber

:hai:

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

spankmeister posted:

Cloudflare protects Nazi's and refuses to take responsibility on that issue. Don't use them.

:rolleyes:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ok let me just sum up the next page of posts so we can skip them:

- cloudflare directly and overtly supporting nazi sites is bad and you shouldn't give them money just on principle
- sonic says no ethical consumption under capitalism
- repeat

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
cloudflare's vpn offering may be a suitable replacement for your current vpn depending on what you use it for. imho

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

is there any dns provider that blocks nazi sites?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Trabisnikof posted:

is there any dns provider that blocks nazi sites?
I'm not sure you want to live in a country that has a law requiring DNS filtering, because it will eventually be used to block all sorts of things not originally described, there's no oversight, and even if you don't circumvent it by using any other DNS provider but the one your ISP has, it's not actually effective according to a study published a while back.
Well, that's how it worked out in :denmark:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

D. Ebdrup posted:

I'm not sure you want to live in a country that has a law requiring DNS filtering, because it will eventually be used to block all sorts of things not originally described, there's no oversight, and even if you don't circumvent it by using any other DNS provider but the one your ISP has, it's not actually effective according to a study published a while back.
Well, that's how it worked out in :denmark:

yeah that’s fair I was thinking more just a dns provider who voluntarily just blacklisted nazi domains, would be good for the guest networks

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
or just don't visit Nazi sites. not that hard.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

hence for the guest network

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
don't let Nazis on your guest network

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
set up your own dns sinkhole then jesus christ this is yospos not stack overflow

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

set up your own dns sinkhole then jesus christ this is yospos not stack overflow

people were saying don’t use 1.1.1.1 because they’re not anti nazi enough so i was curious if there was an anti nazi dns option. Answer appears to be no

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

Computer Serf posted:

for some weird reason cloudflare decided to block archive.is but 1.1.1.1 is :coal:
archive.is blocks cloudflare because they're pissy about 1.1.1.1 not supporting geolocation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
you can't block nazi sites because no one is willing to block twitter, facebook, and youtube