Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think my favorite character is Fujiwara simply because she constantly chooses chaos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

missed the chaotic energy of this show so goddamn much

all hail Muscle Hime

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

losing my mind at that whole exchange by Kaguya and Hayasaka

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Absolutely bonkers episode

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Best girl was just introduced

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Raenir Salazar posted:

Who? I don't remember any new characters being introduced. Not counting Hayasaka's new persona

We saw her at the sports festival, but this is the first time we've seen Tsubame Koyasu with a face and voice

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I can't believe I get to say this twice in the same week

me watching this episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFkymds8C6I

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Blue rear end

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Yeah asking a question about a show I like so much that I'm watching it a second time definitely means I hate it you goddamn idiot

This is a very tsundere response

I also just binged this again and the level of detail when Shirogane steps on Maki’s head by accident is so funny

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The ramen kings are maybe the funniest set of supporting characters I’ve seen in an anime or manga lately

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Takehito Koyasu being Papa Shirogane is the funniest part of this whole show

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Her grandfather was Prime Minister, I thought

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The dub voice for Maki hits the right notes

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Sydin posted:

lmao a week ago I was all "oh hey people are saying really good things about Kaguya S3 and a light episodic romcom sound pretty good for where I'm at right now, let's give it a whirl" and now here I am tearing up while grinning like an idiot at Ishigami finally overcoming the emotional trauma of his backstory by telling Otomo to get hosed so he can run his goddamn relay race.

Show is good. It is not at all what I expected it to be going in and it's 1000 times better for it.

Yeah the author manages tone and timing extremely well, this current arc is the best example of that

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I want to share this since the anime did include the extra panel with Shirogane’s friends (phone posting, so if the image is massive I’m sorry!)

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Fujiwara throwing shade at Kashiwagi got a good laugh out of me

That thread explaining why the middle of the episode looked like something out of 1998 made it even funnier for me. Fujiwara putting the headband on again was good too

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Electric Phantasm posted:

Which thread was this?

Right above my post!

Also, anime only people you should also read the manga because it’s somehow just as funny even without being animated

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

by the way the dub of the rap episode is as amazing as you think it is

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

This episode was necessary to set up the culture festival, a big flag event in most of these stories

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Hayasaka’s bewilderment at Kaguya finally realizing the truth was excellent

They’re really saving the budget because they mixed in some manga panels instead of animating

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Maki continues to be the best

Also the Ramen Kings subtly confirmed a possible season 4 so that owns

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the swing from charming and confident to complete and utter mess is so drat funny every time

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

this is the same girl who had a private investigator tail her boyfriend as a show of her trust in him; Nagisa is scary

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Ishigami rises today

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

This poo poo is going to go crazy

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Kaguya in the fortune teller’s booth was incredible

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Kaguya being appalled that they took Shirogane's massive ball is my favorite joke from this arc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The arc deals with the aftermath of Kaguya and Shirogane’s kiss and covers about 20 or so chapters