Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

What the gently caress, Holbrook.

Also Tauhid Bondia is a name that I haven’t heard in a long while. Can’t recall what webcomic it was that he wrote though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I have no idea why Corto puts up with all these people who will so clearly betray him, and have done so before.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Ho hum genocide of my extended family and larger species. Guess we better go have dinner now.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Poor Dustin, having a dissociative fugue.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I think it is meant to portray trump as an uncouth bully, but yeah, it’s using the same exact visual cues that a Trumpster would lionize.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Just a child getting casually strangled right there.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

“I’m...happy” says Toni as the curse binding her to Luann is broken, dissolving her into dust which blows away on the wind.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

It’s kinda hosed up how closely Shannon’s artwork is to the “real life” Brad and Toni, but it is intended to be childish-looking. The Evanses are kinda shafted by their art style here.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

C’mon. Wishful Stinking is right there.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Julet Esqu posted:

And Toni was concerned about what they would think of the paint color. These idiots.

Know how you could have saved more money?

Bought an air mattress for the kid instead of building a new room.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Huxley posted:

Especially with the price of meat what it is. When you get it.

If you get it ...

I have the weirdest craving for pie right now...

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Everett History X was a phenomenal film.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I’m kicking myself that I never realized Arlo and Janis was a great strip. I guess I’ve reached the age where it’s completely relatable.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Believe it or not, the diamond industry is kinda a horrible explorative shitshow!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I am actually kinda scared that Jamal is going to kill off the mom.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Jesus Christ

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I swear I remember one where the characters are drawn Peanuts-style.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

No they’re in the Rabbit Quarter, where murder is not legal. They only dressed it up like the lawless zone.

This comic makes my head hurt.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

God drat.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

StrixNebulosa posted:

What did Mary Lou do in order to have Gene's parents turn rabidly overprotective??

Be pregnant.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

StrixNebulosa posted:

What did Mary Lou do in order to have Gene's parents turn rabidly overprotective??

Be pregnant.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Pastry of the Year posted:

I think this arc is interesting - and throwing some readers - because we're used to seeing A & J as cool, progressive people (which they are!) but here they're being parents, and specifically parents of a teenage boy, with all that implies. It seems Gene broke a couple of rules: he wasn't supposed to have been gone as long as he was, and he definitely wasn't supposed to be alone with a teenage girl. Gene tried to play it cool in front of Mary Lou ("I sort of come and go as I please") but, yeah, nope.

I think it's clear that they're not mad at Mary Lou; they're worried about her. And I think they're also worried about their kid falling for a pregnant girl who lives in another city and making her problems his own on a longer-term and more serious basis than one would as "just a friend," probably because they're both romantics and could see that happening to themselves at that age.

I mean, from where we're sitting now, we can see the irony, but that future is a long way from the summer of '97.

I think you pretty much nailed it. Like anyone, A&J thought they had a handle on things, and now they’ve been thrown for a loop. They’re being reactionary as a form of course correction.

One of the through lines of A&J is how much the pair has become more reserved and conservative from when they were younger. They both try to push against it in different ways, but they both have their own angst over age.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Holy 180-degree rule, Batman!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

They already have a language that can communicate with the robots 100% accurately without any trial and error. It’s drumming.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Luaga is a man who knows what he likes, and he likes booty shorts.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

My Lovely Horse posted:

Dick Tracy team, have you ever noticed how Star Wars doesn't just cut to a shot of Darth Vader's unmasked face in the middle of The Empire Strikes Back, or how The Dark Knight avoids simply showing us upfront what Harvey Dent looks like after the fire, or how the Joker in Burton's Batman is revealed during a speech and steps out of the shadows right at the climax?

“Those filmmakers were cowards” - The Dick Tracy Team

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I feel terrible for old beardo here. He's so starved for attention and conversation in his marriage that he's taking any scrap of interest he can get from his students. No wonder he thinks this kid is charming and bright.

(this plot sucks rear end)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

That Tina’s Groove made my skin crawl.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

When Jamal’s mom is not on camera, others characters should ask where Jamal’s mom is, and if she has a knife.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Haifisch posted:

Origins of the Sunday Comics

These are grotesque and terrifying.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Tiggum posted:

Uhh, if it's going out live then they're only going to pay you what they already agreed to. You don't own the footage.

Also, these guys were presumably hired to film the normal show, but they don’t have any kind of tripod or hard camera setup. It’s going to be a shaky mess.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Millennials/Gizmos aside, the child appears to be getting smaller in every panel. Perspective can’t explain this away.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Haifisch posted:

The Amazing Spiderman

We get it, you vape.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Hooboy, I read that as "he doesn't know he's dealing with football's aftermath" and I thought "wow that's grim and overdramatic, even for Cancerbean."

Then I remembered that this award mini-arc started with an implication that Bull or others were involved with a crime rape.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Transmodiar posted:

Modesty Blaise

When I saw they had to deliver the money at sea, I had a feeling Willie would be doing a frogman act. This story's been really good so far.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Zetsubou-san posted:

Hägar is there to take collection.

Footrot Flats (1976)

Was there a cartoon of this? I recall seeing that dog animated, but I could be mistaken.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Johnny Walker posted:

Popeye's Cartoon Club

I just noticed that this is drawn by Lar DeSouza, the artist behind Least I Could Do. I don't know if I'm OK with this knowledge.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Bongo Bill posted:

Least I Could Do has had several artists, hired by the writer, who's the consistent factor.

I’m well aware. I had just mercifully forgotten that LICD existed for a while.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I see we’re starting with a kidnapping arc, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Julet Esqu posted:

Ugh. I hate this dude so bad. Tell him to suck a tailpipe, Tommie! You better not go out there and smooch him!

They're definitely fully clothed and 100% were not getting busy. Even if they smooched, it was not in such a way as to make anybody's hair, face, or clothing messy. There was zero reason, when Les got home, not to be like, "Hi Les, Luann's still here, we were chit-chatting." Or even just tell him you were boning. Who gives a gently caress?

What if his mom found out that he'd found a new woman in his life? Poor Gunther.