Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I genuinely never noticed Fred Basset before, and having owned a Basset Hound myself for too short a time, I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Evil Mastermind posted:

Because it's just "nerd jokes". He knows he doesn't have to be good or funny or anything, because his audience is nerds who'll laugh because Reddick mentioned That Thing They Like.

It's like a worse PVP, if such a thing was possible.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It's funny because big box stores love to fire the newest employee because it's easiest to show how much money you saved by pointing at a paycheck you no longer have to make.

Ha, ha... ha. What does funny mean again?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

How nice Batiuk can trace over images of Dark Phoenix.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"Goddaughter, meet my fiance who is your age and also I totally did not groom!"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

:ohdear:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

duz posted:

For more details, it was originally a sequel to a movie he did in 1966 so it was more of a contractual thing than a serious thing. For serious casting they asked Arnold Schwarzenegger, Richard Gere, Clint Eastwood, Burt Reynolds, Sylvester Stallone, Harrison Ford, Don Johnson, Nick Nolte, Mel Gibson and Richard Dean Anderson.

Wasn't there some commotion over casting Willis because he was "the Moonlighting guy?"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Man, I cannot imagine what the Jamal creator's had to put up with.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I enjoy the Mary Worth universe where I think Brigand has confused vaping for possibly crack pipes.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ha ha Dustin does not conform to societal definitions of 'mature' and thus is of lesser value!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I cannot imagine Jamal in the papers without the poor complaints department dying under the weight of outraged readers. (The 'this doesn't happen' variety.)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Johnny Walker posted:

I liked it when Tiffany got fat (which was really like barely "fat" by probably most (American) people's standards) and so Luann and Bernice went to have an intervention for her and brought loving informational pamphlets, but the wacky roommate Dez also came along and brought tea and listened to her and was the only one that treated Tiffany like a normal human being.

I still remember Luann being all "what could SHE have to be depressed about" ha ha screw you Luann.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Time for Funky Winkerbean's patented odd attempts to rub up against pop culture and not presenting a joke but rather an incredible facsimile!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Please let Heloise be the new Phantom, thank you.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Tiggum posted:

It would if she dressed in skin-tight lycra. If she made any kind of effort to disguise herself then people would probably be less likely to suspect, especially as the Phantom tends to stay out of sight a lot of the time until s/he's punching you in the face. So you go from seeing nothing to being knocked unconscious by a figure in purple who suddenly appeared out of the darkness. Was it a man or a woman? If you've heard of the story of the ghost who walks, the man who can never die, then you're probably going to remember seeing a man.

It suddenly occurs that the jungle pirates and... uh... whatever else Phantom normally fights would also probably not want to admit to being beaten up by a woman. So they'd probably lie about it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Heh. "Petty LaBelle."

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

That last Jamal is a both funny and painful look into the lives of step-parents.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Calaveron posted:

God I hate the whole Garfield without Garfield thing. Garfield without speech bubbles make much more sense and is funnier

I never got that. 'Guy who talks to his cat and the cat doesn't talk back' is funny because pet owners do that. Nofield is whatever.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Jon and Liz still feels so weird.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Potsticker posted:

"There goes the neighborhood," thinks Kevin. Another drat squirrel moved in, just what was the world coming to?

Also "Boy, he better get himself out of that nut pile or a predator will be along to savage and devour him!"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I am unsure if he is more inappropriately thirsty for Luann or Gunther.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Bloop posted:

Those are great caricatures and this is a great comic but holy yikes is this actually in newspapers?

If it is, I'd have loved to read the letters to the editor during the cop storyline a while back.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I laugh when Garfield is a dick.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Garfield portrays an accurate bus-riding experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mostly when I read Luann now I think about the guy who makes a big effortpost about every single strip. "Uh oh! Is she going to learn from her mistakes now and that there MIGHT be more important things in life that nearly a hundred dollars of nail care!? I am of two minds of how she will react and in this essay I will"