Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, Jamal looks solid. Keep posting that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Some Guy TT posted:

Wait, do thermostats actually work that way? I always jack mine up as high as possible and just turn it off when I've decided its warm enough, and even in freezing winter my heating bills are really low.
Yes. You set the temperature you want the room to be at, and the the heater runs until it's a bit warmer than that (usually there is an adjustment for how much), then shuts off until it's cooled to a bit colder than that, then turns back on. It's doing what you're doing, only automatically. The set temperature is not the output of the heater, which is going to be quite a bit hotter than that. Which is to say Lynn is correct that setting it higher doesn't heat it faster, it just heats it hotter.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

RoboRodent posted:

Replicants don't say beep beep.

They can if they want to!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Calaveron posted:

Please stop posting pros and cons, it is bad and is just the rantings of a dumb idiot chud with no more redeeming qualities

And yet we let Dilbert stick around

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Unlucky7 posted:

I am a white dude but what must short out in your brain to even think of asking to touch a black person's hair?

Hahaha "asking"? My black friends constantly complain about white people just going for it. At best, it's extremely disrespectful, and at worst it's racist.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"HOW DOES SHE KNOW HOW WIDE THE DOORS ARE" got a chuckle from me

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's funny because Ed is a Gen Xer.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'd also be very surprised if the Des Moines airport can actually handle a 747

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jesus Christ

(Also that Wallace is really good)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Goddammit.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Bloop posted:

I am disappointed that Jamal just looks sort of bored or jaded here. All those facial lines he's capable of and none of them showing grief.

It isn't a thousand yard stare or anything, it just looks like he is vaguely contemplating a shoe, like wondering how it's laced up or something

Maybe I am holding it to too high a standard because the artist is clearly putting in a lot of effort but Jamal has had like 900 face lines in other panels and somehow Arlo regularly shows more nuanced emotion with two lines and a dot

I get what you're saying and I don't necessarily disagree, but also people process grief in different ways, and we're not getting any insight into what Jamal's thinking just yet.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mikl posted:

Jamal I swear to god if it turns out to have been mum imagining what could have happened if she backtalked to the pig I will be super mad and super relieved, in that order.

Yeahhhhhhh. That does seem to be what it's doing, and if it is, I can see what the cartoonist is doing.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Green Intern posted:

Holy 180-degree rule, Batman!
There's literally no reason to have flipped the third panel like that, drat.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Death Ray posted:

Please: when citing characters, mention the strip as well. My reputation for being a walking Wikipedia is only based on my need for constant editing.

Kind of hilarious, but both Condorito and Howard & Nester are from eponymous strips.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Selachian posted:

Does she live in one of those uncivilized regions where no one understands the practice of putting a chair in your space?
She's in DC where, no, we mostly don't follow that practice, but we also rarely get enough snow to need to.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Whoa, Curtis, "jackass"?? That's some pretty harsh language for the papers!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Aleph Null posted:

Hil thinks it is, but we haven't seen what her parents think. I do not think they will lay the blame solely at her feet.

Unlike, say, the Cudlicks, the Forths are thoughtful and caring an will recognize that it's not entirely Hil's fault. They'll be angry, but not, like, FOOB angry.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm gonna say no on old Dilbert.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Samovar posted:

Wait, wait, wait.

What does it mean, the ball is in play for 11 minutes? Surely that can't mean only 11 minutes of game.

Right?
It means that if you count the time from when the ball is snapped to when the play is whistled dead, there's an average of 11 minutes of play in a game. An average play last around 4 seconds and teams have up to 40 seconds in between. Add in TV time outs for commercials and such and it adds up.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Remember that this is the strip where GHulk destroyed a man's marriage because he noticed the dude had a bunch of kids and realized that any man who could successfully impregnate a woman on so many occasions must be gay.

Bi does not exist.

Secure enough in your sexuality that you can appreciate another man's form without it being a big deal does not exist.

Falling in love with a woman's "art" and having sex with her but still being fully homosexual and not bi at all does exist.

It's 2019, kids. Nobody is shocked by the concept of Tinder anymore (even if they're not on it) and nobody says, "It's a hoot."

This sounds like the worst.
I bet this is what happens. I hate it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Forths are very good parents.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

I'm only vaguely paying attention but why do two separate people want to gently caress Not Brooke McEldowney

Answered your own question

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Okay, let's see what's happening in the bone zone

He might be flossing too hard

I'd be way less annoyed at this if they were actually banging. Instead, I'm sure we'll learn that one was trying to wrestle the other's phone away as they sent messages to someone.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ignite Memories posted:

They are referring to Frank's Red Hot, which is a fairly inoffensive hot sauce a lot of people enjoy

Uh not according to Rose is Rose readers where it is equivalent to putting literal poison in someone's food.

How can you even taste the cream of mushroom soup in your casserole with something so hot??

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

coronatae posted:

I think Les couldn't actually see through the door but the perspective didn't make that clear. Couple of possibilities here:

1) Luann is still there and Gunther moved furniture around to hide her
2) Gunther was doing a photo shoot wearing the pajamas
3) Luann is there and was helping Gunther do a photo shoot wearing the pajamas ( :gonk: )

Also the 9CL """courtship""" retrospective forced me to remember that Amos and Edda hosed right before the wedding and she had a massive grass stain down the back of the dress from it. Thanks, Brooke.

correction: they didn't actually gently caress right before the wedding but they seem to have made out vigorously on someone's grave before the ceremony, then hosed between the ceremony and reception
These are all incredibly stupid and like I said before I would hate this way less if they were just loving.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Can someone please please please explain to me how someone who supports Trump because of how good of a "whatever Adams said" he is and then make this comic?

I was wondering the exact same thing, but I'm gonna go with typical MAGA chud cognitive dissonance.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lowen SoDium posted:

As a redhead, I can confirm that I have a stupid high tolerance of most painkillers and anesthesia.

I sent it to my redhead girlfriend, and she confirmed it, as well.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

They're definitely fully clothed and 100% were not getting busy. Even if they smooched, it was not in such a way as to make anybody's hair, face, or clothing messy. There was zero reason, when Les got home, not to be like, "Hi Les, Luann's still here, we were chit-chatting." Or even just tell him you were boning. Who gives a gently caress?
What the gently caress you're loving adults you can have other adults of any gender in your bedroom for whatever reason you want gently caress you Gunther gently caress you Luann.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, I mean, it would take less time and effort to completely delete the app from your phone than all of that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I guess?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

RandomPauI posted:

Is it me, or is Pru drawn slightly differently than the rest of the cast?

She's Asian, so her eyes are drawn differently.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Haifisch posted:

Luann isn't lit. :mad:
Those eyes suggest otherwise

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Evil Mastermind posted:

Did she scam Les? I thought what happened was that Les scammed money to buy her a gift, which is how we learned she's gay.
That, yeah, but as I recall she didn't bother to give it back.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This joke doesn't even work when one of the women is literally Dustin with boobs and long hair.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Teens don't like REO Speedwagon?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Selachian posted:

Am I reading too much into it, or is that supposed to be a Comet Ping Pong / Pizzagate reference?
That's literally the Comet Ping Pong sign, so yeah, pretty sure that's the joke!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I thought one was "Onion" but I guess not.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Vargo posted:

Wallace

Wallace's dad is seriously great. He rarely if ever gets angry (and never about things that don't actually matter like a no-hawk), he has fun with the kids, but is still a parent at the end of the day.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Zerilan posted:

It's that TA under a fake name.

But they have pictures! I assume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'm still not happy that she's a podium. A podium.

Actually, she is a lectern.