Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Time to start planning how to negotiate down the buyback on your newly salvage-titled WRX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yeah, you're probably right. Started to think about what's fuckered on that and am realizing it's more than it's worth to fix and then still have a salvage-branded WRX on your hands. Sorry about your car, AnnoyBot.

In other news, meatpimp - I'm joining you on Remaining-On-The-Booze-But-Cutting-Out-The Sugar-January.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
After dusting the 60 degree sunshine off my windshield I went for a drive in the Miata with the top down to fully commiserate with you ice scraping fools.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

slurry_curry posted:

Its probably unfounded, but I am still kind of scared of turbo'd BMWs. I know the early 335i's had HPFP issues, is there a specific year that they 100% fixed that issue? I still think the e46 looks better than the e9x, but the hardtop convertible does make it tempting. Not to mention that I could probably find a e93 with less miles/cheaper than a e46 m3 vert. I wonder if the e93 328i is decent enough, or if its just underpowered. Either way, I have plenty of time to do research.

Buy an E93 M3, zero turbo issues - and then take advantage of the *single* benefit the vert has over the Coupe & Sedan aside from resale value being more affordable for the softtop - That benefit is that you can hear that insanely delicious S65 V8 burble and roar combined with the transcendent whoosh that the intake complements with, even better than those of us with tin-tops.

My windows are down 24/7 in the E92, totally stock everything on the exhaust etc, - and I have listened to like 11 songs total since buying the car despite having the $2500 premium audio pack and a $500 160gb ipod classic with every song known to man in it...

https://picosong.com/85gU/

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

keykey posted:

Living in CA, people with rentals are super cool with no wall and being a sanctuary state since it's driving the rental market upward. More demand + same supply = higher prices.
lol wut

Yeah, I'm super excited that these $5/hr cash-under-the-table immigrants are here to drive up demand on my $3000/mo 1 bedroom rental apartment because that's definitely a thing that happens

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

This is like the 3rd paragraph:

The majority of recent arrivals are from Asia.
The vast majority of California’s immigrants were born in Latin America (51%) or Asia (39%). California has sizable populations of immigrants from dozens of countries; the leading countries of origin are Mexico (4.2 million), China (936,000), the Philippines (813,000), Vietnam (534,000), and India (482,000). However, most (58%) of those arriving between 2012 and 2016 came from Asia; only 28% came from Latin America.

Do you suppose this wall is gonna keep out those Airbuses arriving at LAX?

The Prong Song posted:

...are you objecting to the source, or are you actually trying to say that more people living in an area doesn't drive up rental prices?
I think referring to someone's opinion piece on a blog as a "source" is giving it a little too much credence, but isn't the Free Market driven by supply & demand? Are we going full communism now to prevent this unfair situation where people who have more money get more things?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Shut up Meg posted:

Just learnt that someone stole my portable jump starter and my little purse of car park change from my car.

Any recommendations for a little lithium jumper pack?

(Partly annoyed that I didn't notice it before, which means I must have left the car unlocked somewhere, partly happy that I don't have a busted window to deal with)

I got a Gooloo GP37-Plus for xmas and I'm pretty happy with it so far (~$50), the day after Xmas I had to jumpstart my Miata that likes to drain the battery if I forget to unhook the quick-connect positive clamp when it's sitting for a while so that was a handy gift.

It took all of about 9 seconds to accomplish and the unit itself is pretty solid feeling and doesn't feel like chinesium garbage so far.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
My boss likes to give me annual raises without saying anything or having a formal review so that first direct deposit of January is always a "Hey, what's going on here" moment as I try to figure out how much of a raise I got and how much more stupid poo poo it will facilitate me purchasing per week.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
It's super weird how all the people with the non-trashbag opinions on life, politics, and how to treat other people have no problem discussing those topics.

And then there's a whole other side that, weirdly, finds it repellent to have to read mean words written about the things the party they support does.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
if he had wall this not happen

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Informer, you no say "daddy, me Snow, me I'll go blame"
A licky boom-boom down
Detective-mon said daddy me Snow me stab someone down the lane
A licky boom-boom down

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Lol. I don't really care who won or lost, it just sucks to see the refs decide the game like that either way.

If one non-call is the difference between winning and losing, it wasn't one call that was the difference maker. Saints still had to score a TD whether that call is made or not, and they'd been shut down in the red zone two other times in the game so it's not like a TD was a foregone conclusion.

That being said, lol at that not being a flag.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

BlackMK4 posted:

They got rid of two other devs and my manager today, hmmmmm. Perhaps it is time to look elsewhere

But they kept you. Congratulations on now doing the work of 4 people including all the admin with no new title or money!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

fridge corn posted:

I'm glad I have a very desirable skillset

me too, I took my BA in Sociology from a decidedly liberal arts school and turned it into being the head of engineering at the blue chip tech company that literally nearly everyone has purchased something from

and today I got a promotion/raise from Director to Sr. Director.

yay for CA's restrictive hiring or whatever bullshit was last mentioned about why it's so unfair for conservatives in CA, I'm sure tax rates and emissions regulations had something to do with it too

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

MomJeans420 posted:

"There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge"

They wouldn't let me select "Ether Binge" on Xbox live when I made this username in like 2005, due to some drat smartass dev there already knowing that quote.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The number of times I've thought about vacuum cleaners in the last 44 years, including the 400 posts I just read about vacuum chat, is 401

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
What I love about them is sticking my hands into some trumphand-sized narrow opening that some disgusting wanker just stuck his poo poo and jizz covered twitchy hands into and pawed clumsily around in them, I'm sure they get sanitized all the time.

Er, what I meant is I love wiping my hands on my pants if there's no paper towels because gently caress those things

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
There's only one other thread around these parts besides this one where you can get "how much actual piss do you want on your, y'know, everything" chat AND possible hot cuck action chat on the same page, and that's TRUMP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I got a "Gooloo" brand car battery charger/kit for Xmas, something like $50 off amazon, and I've used that fucker 3 times already as my stupid outdoor cars that don't get driven often enough just love to not start when it's been cold (55) and constantly raining for a few days (like we've had two stretches of this year already) and it's just so awesome jumpstarting a slow-cranking miata using what looks like a small brick and 3 seconds of effort.

Highly recommend that everyone should have one of these, as a bonus it also doubles as a fast charger for my phone/spare battery for my laptop.