Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Is QC's avatar out of sync again for anyone else? It seems to vary...

How many of you have gone through the Black Mirror Bandersnatch episode? I've done it a couple of times and got all the endings, plus the hidden scene where Jerome F Davies appears and stabs the main character, but I still find the same issue I do with a lot of Black Mirror stuff, in that I like some of the concepts and how they do things, but the execution and direction taken with the stories frustrates me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

DJ Commie posted:

:siren: Congrats :siren: goondolences
Has anyone alerted the Canadian authorities yet?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I'm not doing dry January, though I am cutting back on how much I drink as a function of getting myself in better shape (I started before Christmas but accepted it' always going to take a hit over the holiday). Got my mate doing the same, which should help avoid this being a false start.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Oh, while I definitely need to lose weight, that's only because my flab has mass. I don't weigh myself, I regard it as a largely useless metric unless you're in some form of sport/competition that has weight classes.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Lol I'm wide everything team at present.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Did you get the V10 TDI Touareg in the USA?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

The Prong Song posted:

Yeah but I'm not interested in a 12+ year old car. I can pick up a 2016 Cayenne at the same price as I can a 2016 V8 tow package F150 - both will suit my towing needs, but I have a feeling the Pepper will be a lot more nice to live with.
I didn't realise they were that old now. Time flies by without you noticing...

Depends how heavy your racing trailer setup is when loaded, too. Don't fall into the trap of buying way more towing capacity than you need if it compromises other things for you.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
If I lived somewhere properly cold, I'd almost certainly have a preheater system fitted to whatever my daily driver was.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
They're really just plugging casting holes, I wouldn't ever rely on them in the slightest to protect against cracking.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I was more hoping there was a thread thatll point us to someone who is recommended as an actual expert. And yeah I bet theres things that dont need lawyers but we should take care of or be aware of.
Yeah, if one of you were British, I could probably get a point in the right direction from a friend who works with marriage registration etc, but while I expect the majority of this stuff is similar, it's not the broad brushstrokes that you need.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I haven't tried that, I saw there's some very rubbery filament you can get, but that seems a lot stiffer?

Bajaha posted:

So the Aston's been that unreliable eh? Should buy one of those reliable imports, like a Honda, or Toyota.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Queen Combat posted:

Today I made my 3D printer play a lovely tune when it finishes printing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXUhPNGEbEY
Now combine this with the guy who changed his door open chime to Africa.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Safety Dance posted:

In all likelihood, I'll be heading to Gdynia, Poland in a week or so for ship work. What's happenin' in the Gdansk area?
Someone I work with is from near there, she says just go to the old town area and there'll be plenty of things to see.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Geoj posted:

Realistically its always been that way.

Veterinary medicine is arguably more difficult than regular medicine, as vets can't ask their patients what's wrong and have to be experts on multiple species.

Prescriptions are often the same drugs you'd receive at a pharmacy, or best-case scenario are chemically the same but were manufactured on lines with lower standards than those producing drugs for human consumption, so costs are high there too.

My wife works in claims support - she has to coordinate medical records and billing from clinics with customers' claims. Some of the dollar amounts she sees for both individual claims and lifetime of the pet would make your head spin.
There's this, plus there are other issues with things like what species drugs are licensed for, and whether you're allowed to use a generic in their place etc.

Ultimately, it's a form of private healthcare, and the costs that come with that.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Do you suppose this wall is gonna keep out those Airbuses arriving at LAX?
Isn't this the entire ridiculousness of a border wall?

I thought the majority of "illegal immigration" into the US was "legal immigrants/visitors who don't leave when they're supposed to"?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Yeah, I do like Adam Ruins Everything, though I'm always a little dubious as to when there's a bit of spin being put on stuff.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

MrOnBicycle posted:

Don't listen to KYOON and respect the rules of the country you are visiting. Besides, the last thing you want to do is waste time (and potentially money) trying to explain why you didn't follow the rules to someone who may or may not speak good enough English to understand / care to understand you.
Yeah, don't gently caress about with things like having the correct licence etc.

Other rules like speed limits are up to you, depends on the prevailing attitude of the country you're in.

Also, if you're renting, remember to specify auto if you can't drive a manual, or request a manual if you want one - they may default to giving you an auto because you're American.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
The Trump fast food thing is an interesting manoeuvre, if ultimately silly. He'd have been better off playing the same card but with hiring smaller restauranteurs from South Carolina to cater as a "showcase of entrepreneurial spirit and supporting the ltitle guy" or however you want to spin that.

You Am I posted:

Very high, all the drive train is BMW, including motor. Not sure on interior parts.
I'm not sure that's a bad thing, the BMW turbo 6s have a lot of tuning potential in them, I'm not sure Toyota have anything on hand that would be more appropriate for a new Supra.

Not entirely convinced by the car, but I'd give it a chance.

bolind posted:

You know that feeling when you're stretched so thin at work that even if there were three of you, you'd still have your hands full? And you're not even 33% efficient because of context switch overhead.
Once you learn to treat Office Space as a documentary/instruction manual...

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I'm dreading the inevitable steamed ham memes this will cause.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

cakesmith handyman posted:

I missed will/end of life chat but you guys are registered as organ donors aren't you?
No-one wants to let me have my clause that you only get one of my organs if you accept getting all of them. Needs to get to 51% of your mass or higher.

It's my body now, I've taken over.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

IOwnCalculus posted:

You'll get nothing but support here, QC. Your passive-aggression was perfect and still better than they deserved.
This.

For all the jokes etc we'll more than happily crack, we're all behind you with what you're doing with your life, your parents are loving awful.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I thought Venom was enjoyably daft.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Hey, cool, I didn't realise Ford were doing a Raptor for over here, based on the Ranger.

Aaaaand it's a 2.0 diesel. gently caress's sake.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

So whats that word I'm searcing for that describes having fits of laughter at President Pissbaby and all the chuds meting down?
Not being an employee of the US government?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Queen Combat posted:

1: the one immediately prior to mine, you know, like a conversation goes. It's treating the SO as an object that has to be "pleased" because of whatever misogynistic chauvinist idea I don't even know what the gently caress
gently caress no, wind your neck in. If that's your takeaway from what Grakkus posted, that's your problem.