Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
FWIW, not drinking saves you so much money.Those drinks when you go out really add up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

NitroSpazzz posted:

Spent the day car shopping for the Mrs. Carmax for a 2015 Nissan Pathfinder, pretty nice. Then Toyota dealership for a 2015 Highlander which was really nice. Mazda CX9 at a mazda dealership with stereotypical rear end in a top hat salesman was decent but we shouldn't have driven it after the Toyota. Negotiated on the Highlander but they wouldn't come down the last $500 to make the deal after they bumped the price up $1k and didn't think we'd notice. Think we're test driving another Pathfinder tomorrow, non-base package this time.

Have to say after spending what seemed like hours at the Toyota shop and the assholes at the Mazda one I can really appreciate the carmax approach. They just send you out and let you browse without pestering or trying to up sell anything.

Little car advice in here...Anything else in the Pathfinder/Highlander size range we should check out? The snapchat group recommended Lexus GX but we ran out of time today. Main thing is we need to fit a 32Lx42Wx31H dog crate in the back and want under 20" door sill height so the dog can jump in easily. Ruled out Sorento, Santa Fe, CX9 and a few others. Nothing domestic and third row seating seems like most have the space.

Have you checked out a Honda Pilot?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Congrats Ferremit!

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I need an Instapot.

I think they’re on sale at amazon right now.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I hate how laptops have moved to having internal batteries.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I've decided to take advantage of the free on site consolers at work to try and sort out the poo poo I never dealt with from my friend's murder. This weeks death made it clear I haven't done the best job putting that grief to bed.

Good on you. There's no shame on asking for help when needed.

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Jesus Christ. First my wife's 2015 Fit won't start (clicks and makes ... almost a 'pew pew' noise, really), and then after starting the Impreza to see if jumping it might help (it did not), the Impreza hood will not latch. But at least the Impreza started, so I can pick the kid up from daycare while my wife is in Jersey with the Forester, which in all likelihood some fuckhead will dent and/or scratch in the parking lot and I will be loving pissed.

If you have someone to help you, have one person hold down the latch button while the other one closes it. I had to do that on an older Nissan Altima I had.

mariooncrack fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jan 22, 2019

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Are the monitors particularly valuable or something?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

slidebite posted:

Breaking news :911:

Good news: Agreement to open the government for 3 weeks.

Bad news: Back in the same spot in 3 weeks :v:

I think every other proposal funded the government to September.

Guess who has to fly in about 3 weeks?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

The Door Frame posted:

At least it's something
Please tell me there's no wall involved

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...m=.05654f12ee44

No wall for the money...for now.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Schadenfreude?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Ferremit posted:

I built a wall!

Has crime fallen yet?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
My car doesn't even have a CD player anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Sorry man.

My little guy is 14.5 years old. He's been sick lately too. The thought of him not being around when I come home is :smith: