Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Well that was fast. Didn't you meet her last year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

We nearly were a thing 12 years ago so not really :)
Well that works. Congrats.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

9:10pm, we get out a bath and my fiancee asks for fries from McDonald's. Say sure, open the door and greeted by 4 inches of fresh snow and more falling. Grumble grumble.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

64bit_Dophins posted:

I had the same experience with the "hanging" acceleration on my cousin's forester and I hated it so much I don't think I'll ever own a car with a CVT. That and I don't really trust them b/c I've heard they're pretty much impossible to rebuild and it really does just seem unreliable.
Haven't felt the same thing with the fiancee's Outback. It's a CVT, but it does fake gearing too.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I'll presume a latter year model as the programming is better in latter versions. Subaru has curently three distinct CVT hardware versions and I think now 4 program versions for CVT control. Basically the more powerful the car is, the better Subaru CVT's behave.
2018, but only the 4 banger.

Honestly, I don't have any complaints about the car... except the 4 banger is still a 4 banger. Coming from a Coyote V8 and a 3.5 Twin Turbo ecoboost, its loving slow. Stick a Tesla P series powertrain underneath and I'd love that thing though. Hope the Y is something similar to the Outback or the Crosstrek. It'd be great.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Darchangel posted:

The shop manager was loving hooning the car, wrecked it, and they were trying to delay him while attempting to fix it in their body shop, and their cover story was that *they gave it to another customer*. And then they started talking about charging him for the crash repair.
gently caress those guys. This is a case where I support suing them into oblivion.

Yup. You crash a customer car while joyriding I hope that shop has its insurance up to date, they're gonna need it.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

slidebite posted:

I was disappointed with the second one but probably just had unrealistic expectations. I loved the first one.
Same. 2 was... not great. But it did setup 3 nicely. So we'll see.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

keykey posted:

I need to get on watching that series. Was it written in a way that the first was a complete movie and after they found out it was bankable they decided to trilogy it and that's where the 2nd falls short?
Pretty much.

The sad thing is, even without making it a trilogy, they could have done SOOO many different stories in that world and done great things.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Maybe. But my girl and I both walked out of two going "why did we just watch this inferior JW1 remake?"

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

freelop posted:

Got myself a deglover today

Congrats and condolences.

July for mine. Although I wear it now anyway.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

The former. Afaik Toyota only displays options for vehicles nearby. Because... No idea.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

keykey posted:

That's the cost of doing business/manufacturing in China. When I was doing my MBA, my managing global competition professor broke down the China powerplay. In order for any company to do business in China, the company must be 51% owned by a "Chinese company" which means the government since peoples republic. Which conveniently means that a company has a 1 sided partnership for their product to be blatantly ripped off, because what in the hell is proprietary IP/copyright anyway when China is involved. I'd venture to say even the 15% improvement is stolen IP from another company that was slung into a robot vacuum. This dude absolutely hated Trump with a passion, but he also said that's the 1 thing he got right.
Tesla's GF3 is the first non-majority Chinese factory in China iirc.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

keykey posted:

Doesn’t surprise me that it would eventually happen, talk has been shifting over to Africa for a bit for manufacturing though it’s still considered highly volatile. Wages, regulation, and availability of land make it a prime location.
True. Plus the theft is just bribes to get poo poo done, instead of all the valuable IP.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jan 26, 2019

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I have a Roomba 890 (iirc) and the bin is basically full after 10 minutes. And the light comes on after 5. Tons of cat hair.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

I dislocated the gently caress out of my finger from getting my ring caught on a ladder two weeks into being married.

We ended up getting ring tattoos since we are both in ems and now I just keep my ring on my keys.

I met my girlfriend's new boyfriend today and let me tell you it was fun as hell. Felt like I knew him for a long time, same interests and the same humor. I am now extra jazzed that she's moving in soon, I'll have another idiot around the house occasionally to bounce bad ideas off of.
I... what?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

My wife and I each have a long term boyfriend / girlfriend or two. We don't really date outside of that. My wife and my girlfriend are besties, and they decided that she should move in with us.

The girlfriend in question has a really hard time actually dating anyone other than me because dudes are boring and bad at conversation. She found someone a few weeks ago and I just met him. He's pretty cool and I'm glad she's dating him.
Cool. Have fun and enjoy.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Honestly it feels a lot easier at times. There's more people to share the emotional load with when things go bad. More people to help out around the house, more people for board game nights even if you don't feel like rounding people up.

And when things go good, there's more people to share the load with. :heysexy:
Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Thats exactly how most relationships should work actually. Its not about physical or as an object its about living life together. That should and does take a lot of time and energy even if you are having a long distance one like mine is right now.
I...agree with CI on something?

Wtf.