Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Every time I've seen water freeze in an engine it utterly destroyed the water pump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Rhyno posted:

We have a Lowes and HD within 3 miles but I prefer Menards which is like 8 miles away,

LOL you said nards.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Somewhat Heroic posted:

McDonald Trump lmao

Oh god that's perfect, I hope it sticks.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I have an end of service letter and confirmation number from Comcast with a final bill total of $45.

But my account is still open and is at $279 and they're refusing to backdate it despite me cancelling service over 60 days ago. I'm on hold again.

A couple pages old, but I had great success by going in to a Comcast service center and being really polite. The clerks get yelled at all day by cranky shits, so when an obvious and easy problem to solve shows up and you're nice and understanding about it, they are very grateful. Once a dude knocked like $20 extra off my bill for a year just because I wasn't a dick to him like everyone else. I have nothing to be cranky about though, I've had like 14 years of great service with minimal outages or problems and I told him so.

This of course requires having a customer service center somewhere within driving distance. Mine is within 3 miles of my house.

Previa_fun posted:

I've never used a Roomba or any robot vacuum brand but this Miele I was gifted kicks rear end. Vacuumed the whole house every weekend and the bag indicator isn't even half full; I'm never going back to bagless again. Also the airflow is off the chain like it can pull cobwebs in from like 6" away.

I want a bagged vacuum again. A good friend swears by them, she's like "I just sucked up all this dirt, why would I want to see it again?" They don't seem to exist in department stores, I guess I'll have to shop specialty vacuum places or amazon. I've never heard of Miele but I'll definitely check them out now.

Also for those who don't read my boring project thread: This was caught in the now chewed-up hot side of my turbo on the blown engine in my V70R. I'm trying to figure out what it is, if it caused the failure or is a result of it.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Liquid Communism posted:

Less 'everyone is okay with it' and more that it is so endemic in consumer goods that even if one could afford to insist on buying American for everything, the product often just plain doesn't exist.

There's a higher end outdoor mall near me that has a New Balance store. They have a line of sneakers that are 100% made in the USA. Last time I was in there they started at $225 and topped out at $600. Even my "rah-rah-USA-we only drive Fords and drink bud" friends won't buy them.

It used to be that buying american got you a better product and was worth it. Then we taught the poor people how to make comparable quality (or "adequate" for the price) and priced ourselves out of the market. Then to drive our own costs down to compete we cut corners on quality. Then when that wasn't enough we cut wages. And now we're hosed until it reaches some sort of equilibrium or we develop genuinely smart economic policy.

Powershift posted:

Looks like a valve stem

I'm guessing the valve itself is wedged into either the piston or the head.

get a borescope and look in through the spark plug holes.

Oh I did, and it is. Both intake valves are still there so if it's the valve stem it's an exhaust valve. I thought it was just an ignition misfire so I tried to limp it home and really beat the poo poo out of everything.

I just figured it isn't shiny enough to be a valve stem.

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jan 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Fermented Tinal posted:

I don't know if I'll ever be okay enough to let someone in again.

:same: