Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you currently have a prepaid utility meter?
This poll is closed.
Yes - both gas and electric 32 4.71%
Yes - gas only 4 0.59%
Yes - electric only 33 4.85%
Yes - plus prepaid water (this exists and is terrible) 0 0%
No - Direct Debit/Standing Order 336 49.41%
No - utilities are included as part of my tenancy/cohab/basement goonery 65 9.56%
No - I'm off-grid or still get a coal man 6 0.88%
No - my house is powered by Pressurized Boiling Hot Takes 67 9.85%
Pissflaps - via some sort of treadmill arrangement 137 20.15%
Total: 680 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Pesky Splinter posted:

Yes, these ideas are perfectly sane suggestions from perfectly sane people.

"What we need is measures like wartime rationing in Literally WW2, only this time we have to do it not because of a vast enemy war machine bent on conquest, but because we decided to gently caress ourselves over really hard for no reason whatsoever"

lmao Brexit is for big brain genius boys

e; 412 years ago was 1607 AD, in which year the Midlands Revolt against land enclosure reached a head, and the first recorded use of the term 'Levellers' is used, presumably to refer to some noble grinding XP on uppity peasants.

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jan 31, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

Who the gently caress is Frances wheetman

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Ms Adequate posted:

"What we need is measures like wartime rationing in Literally WW2, only this time we have to do it not because of a vast enemy war machine bent on conquest, but because we decided to gently caress ourselves over really hard for no reason whatsoever"

Great time for the government to come out in favour of sadomasochism really.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Necrothatcher posted:

"Smashing your own bollocks in a drawer over and over will really show those barmy Brussels EUROCRATS

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Heners_UK posted:

Doesn't that last paragraph then have an ending of "so I convinced her to take her clothes off and one thing lead to another"? Or has the spark really gone out post OPA changes...
Subscribe to my Patreon and see the WHOLE story. :colbert:

Necrothatcher posted:

I'd put more money on them being involved in some shady disaster-economics level poo poo, either that, or plenty of them are going to pull a Cameron and gently caress off when the trigger is finally pulled.

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?

Zero Gravitas posted:

She was labour councilor wherever tyneside is, now she's independent and constantly harping on about labour hate jewish people. She tweets a lot of very bad tweets pretty obviously intended to get her into being a professional melt once she fails re-election in 2020.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
No flaps no weets

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Zero Gravitas posted:

Stop posting in this thread, please, Mrs Weetman.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Halman posted:

She was labour councilor wherever tyneside is, now she's independent and constantly harping on about labour hate jewish people. She tweets a lot of very bad tweets pretty obviously intended to get her into being a professional melt once she fails re-election in 2020.

Wait she's a geordie?

How?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

No flaps no weets
No posts no tweets

Symptoms of internets poisoning.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I went to the shops and I shouldn't have because I ended up sitting for 40 minutes in the freezing cold waiting for the bus home, despite trying to drag out my time in Tesco for as long as humanely possible. Been home for half an hour, still feeling loving frozen. Getting old is poo poo. Once upon a time I'd have cut about in that in my t-shirt quite content.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Zero Gravitas posted:

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006
Its either Trotsky or its Notsky
We won 190 to 183 to change the branch structure. Should make it impossible for the right to stitch it up as they currently do.

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?

OwlFancier posted:

Wait she's a geordie?

How?

I'm only like 90% sure I know what's fully implied by geordie but she's said her parents are both pathologists, does being extremely middle class negate being a geordie?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Halman posted:

I'm only like 90% sure I know what's fully implied by geordie but she's said her parents are both pathologists, does being extremely middle class negate being a geordie?

It's purely geographical. The inherent corruption of living on the wrong coast seems especially high in Newcastle.

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?

Rumda posted:

It's purely geographical

Ah thanks, for some reason I was thinking it was about working class too.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
There is a very light dusting of snow in London, so you can avoid watching the news tomorrow because you know what it'll be.

Meanwhile people in Cornwall are being eaten by yetis.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Damnit why do you guys only do milkchat when I'm busy.

The big milk bags were a thing for a couple of years, about a decade back, it was supposed to be an eco-thing initiated by the big dairies. They manufactured a special jug thing that was sold alongside it, where you just drop the bag in and it snips the corner off in the mouth/nozzle bit & clips the bag in when you close the lid. Trouble is, it's the supermarkets that set the prices for milk (including with their suppliers, the dairy industry's a poo poo gig) and they tend to use it as a loss leader anyway, so there wasn't really any room to offer them any cheaper so no fucker bought them - they sold a bit in the posh supermarkets, but just weren't worth the shelf space in most of them, and the whole project didn't even pay for the machines to package the milk.

Another eco-fact from my brief stint working on efficiency poo poo at a dairy: the open fridges in the cafeteria consumed as much energy as every other non-production power source in the factory put together. We're talking a dairy with enough workers to populate a small town, with every computer & light running 24/7, plus a bunch of lab poo poo on the same circuits. If you want to reduce carbon emissions, stop loving around with innovative milk bottle designs that nobody wants and loving ban non-closing fridges.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Halman posted:

I mean, I've never met a posh one, and I can't actually imagine what one would look or sound like.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

OwlFancier posted:

I mean, I've never met a posh one, and I can't actually imagine what one would look or sound like.

I'd imagine they'd be yellow and sort of look like a beholder.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
if I wanted to read pathetic anti-Corbyn mewling I'd follow Weet on twitter and/or read whichever thread Pissflaps spends his time in nowadays

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Flaps isn't georde he's from boro, Newcastle is like an hour north which makes it a foreign country.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

OwlFancier posted:

Flaps isn't georde he's from boro, Newcastle is like an hour north which makes it a foreign country.

I've only lived in London, my friend. Everything north of Sheffield is the same to me until you hit Scotland.

e oh except I'm supposed to hate York.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Newcastle is geordie shore, boro is teesside tintin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1F7vtxmEdg

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

OrthoTrot posted:

We won 190 to 183 to change the branch structure. Should make it impossible for the right to stitch it up as they currently do.

Nice one! I'm in South London but not Streatham area. Good to see a relative local doing good things for the cause.

hashtag chuck chuka

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Newcastle is geordie shore, boro is teesside tintin.
Where does Sunderland fall in that metric?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Guavanaut posted:

Where does Sunderland fall in that metric?

The bin

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

No flaps no weets

no soap box politics
No guns just blunts
we kick this just for fun

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

France Sweetman is incredibly, incredibly dumb and has some truly gourmet bad-faith hot takes

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Borrovan posted:

Damnit why do you guys only do milkchat when I'm busy.

The big milk bags were a thing for a couple of years, about a decade back, it was supposed to be an eco-thing initiated by the big dairies. They manufactured a special jug thing that was sold alongside it, where you just drop the bag in and it snips the corner off in the mouth/nozzle bit & clips the bag in when you close the lid. Trouble is, it's the supermarkets that set the prices for milk (including with their suppliers, the dairy industry's a poo poo gig) and they tend to use it as a loss leader anyway, so there wasn't really any room to offer them any cheaper so no fucker bought them - they sold a bit in the posh supermarkets, but just weren't worth the shelf space in most of them, and the whole project didn't even pay for the machines to package the milk.

Another eco-fact from my brief stint working on efficiency poo poo at a dairy: the open fridges in the cafeteria consumed as much energy as every other non-production power source in the factory put together. We're talking a dairy with enough workers to populate a small town, with every computer & light running 24/7, plus a bunch of lab poo poo on the same circuits. If you want to reduce carbon emissions, stop loving around with innovative milk bottle designs that nobody wants and loving ban non-closing fridges.

it also makes aisles nicer to be in outside of summer (when you're after the cooling) and winter (when you're wrapped up).

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ms Adequate posted:

France Sweetman is incredibly, incredibly dumb and has some truly gourmet bad-faith hot takes

shes a poo poo and I was happy that her tweets stopped getting posted all the time. could we go back to ignoring her?

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Ganna start using "that's champion pet" in my everyday parlance somehow

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Ms Adequate posted:

I agree. She should be safely and securely quarantined in the Hot Takes thread. :colbert:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Miftan posted:

I've only lived in London, my friend. Everything north of Sheffield is the same to me until you hit Scotland.

e oh except I'm supposed to hate York.

clearly you haven't lived in London enough since it's usually everything north of Watford Gap

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Julio Cruz posted:

clearly you haven't lived in London enough since it's usually everything north of Watford Gap

Cambridge is the last bastion of Southern civility, from then on it's all descent into the wild barbarism of The North.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

goddamnedtwisto posted:

There is a very light dusting of snow in London, so you can avoid watching the news tomorrow because you know what it'll be.

Meanwhile people in Cornwall are being eaten by yetis.

there's maybe two inches on Hayling Island, and as this hell island is routinely ignored by Hampshire county council the roads haven't been gritted and according to my mum the roads are as "slippery as loving gently caress"

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

I've just come back from the Streatham Labour amm vote, which we won. This has given me a realisation. If Chuka can't win in his home constituency, with his entire organisation working for him, with all the unions and affiliated groups on his side (but not on his side if you see what I mean), what loving chance does he think he has winning a referendum?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

notaspy posted:

I've just come back from the Streatham Labour amm vote, which we won. This has given me a realisation. If Chuka can't win in his home constituency, with his entire organisation working for him, with all the unions and affiliated groups on his side (but not on his side if you see what I mean), what loving chance does he think he has winning a referendum?

they're hosed. I was listening to the new statesman podcast today (yeah yeah I know I know, but Stephen Bush seems to know what's going on inside the labour PLP) and they were basically saying that 2nd ref is dead, and what's likely is a compromise on May's deal

also good that Khukka got hosed over

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Pochoclo posted:

Ganna start using "that's champion pet" in my everyday parlance somehow

https://youtu.be/GhTtv5-WRVg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Can something be dead if it was never really alive to begin with?

Like seriously nobody killed the 2nd referendum they just bottled it.