Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
You ate the eggnog carton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Ugh I'm having a lovely start to 2019, I bit my tongue really bad in my sleep last night and lost somewhere between 500mL to a litre of blood. Took an hour to get it to stop bleeding and it's so swollen I can't even move my tongue without it hurting.

Had to call my dad to come over cause I felt I was going to pass out. Dunno if it was because of all the blood lost or cause of my fear of blood. Then I puked most of the night cause of all the blood I swallowed. This is going to be a lovely year

Jesus fuckin Christ are you part crocodile

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Fallom posted:

Liz Warren's DNA test stunt was such a loving massive self own and she has done nothing in the aftermath to show that she can handle the slightest bit of heat from the GOP or even her own party.

Yeah, while trump is shooting himself in the foot every day to decent people, warren just said fuckin' hold my beer and did the exact same with that stupid poo poo except that both sides hated her for it

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I really think they 'trust' us because they have no other option. Being a temporary ally buys them some breathing room for a bit but they must know by now that we are gonna gently caress them.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
gently caress Key and Peele was a great show.

It wasn't 100% gold, but when it was on it nailed it down to the ground.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Do we, like, have enough steel to even contemplate that?

Or does everyone go without steel for the next 3 years

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Hexyflexy posted:

Oh god, I was bored so I did some rough calculations on the border wall (my arithmetic is awful so I might have missed a zero somewhere). If you built it out of strakes the advertised height and depth (8.2M) and they were box steel sections 10cm x 10cm that were 0.5cm thick (seemed sensible and my local foundry makes them), you need $4B of mild steel (going by the local rate in my city in the UK, I live in steel central) and ~3% of your total mild steel output (on 2017 figures) for a year to do it, covering the official length of the border.

That was a really naive, conservative, back of the envelope calculation though. I've just started going through the definition of the USA/Mexico border - the "Treaty of Limits". Borders and map making are really interesting and also complex as all hell, and the fractal nature of measuring them is something you get taught as a young budding mathematician. For problems like that I generally bump up the naive value by like 3x to compensate for the on the ground routing and nature's hatred of people like me making simple estimates.

Basically the raw materials alone would cost you a NASA, and the construction cost is going to be 10x that minimum. I didn't even look at the cost of concrete, fuel, shipping, wages and buying all the land you don't own.

Lol, jesus. You literally can't build this thing even if most of you wanted to.

100mm box with 5 mm wall x 8 meters long, if you can get to the fence with a rope and a 1976 Suzuki Samurai, you could loop the fence up high and just tow bend it down to the ground. Or snap it off.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That's a lot of sand

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Well, that's gonna haunt my dreams.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
You imagine Barr calling up Mueller a few weeks ago and saying "yo bobby, you ain't gonna fuckin' believe what job I've just been offered"

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Wasn't Mussolini the cat who ate a burst of machine gun fire around the side of his house?

Yeah I'd take that over getting Gaddafi'd

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Buying juicy girls drinks (and not treating them like human garbage) in Korea is how I learned of surprise alerts and field exercise timetables.

Peace Club best club

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Kawasaki Nun posted:

You paid foreign agents for classified information overseas?

You assume that any of that information is classified, and not just purposefully withheld from Joe to gently caress with him.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, that looks a million times cooler than the army

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
If you read the article it gets worse, but oddly enough it's not the cato institute that is the sick gently caress on this, despite the tweet.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
This is some serious trailer park poo poo right here.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

BigDave posted:

Any particular reason why we're abandoning our most important military alliance?

NATO ain't on the dollar menu

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Pretty cool how the bar for being great is simply not being a rapist Nazi piece of poo poo these days.

Pretty cool how people want the bar even lower.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Guys are we absolutely certain trump wasn't in the military? Mcnugget sauce packets in a silver gravy boat is some serious e2 won the lottery poo poo.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Jesus, I thought that was a picture of Shucks

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Oh hey, that's a neat moon.

Looks clear as gently caress in florida

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, come on man if you're getting paid to supervise kids you don't just split to talk to the man upstairs, what the poo poo

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Hahahaha, that got me laughing pretty good.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Isn't that about the point where you don't have to really specify C or F?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I love Fridays

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Heh, looks like someone finally got arrested for Hillary's emails

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

holocaust bloopers posted:

Reading LinkedIn comments on Shutdown-related articles is real fun.

Highlights please

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I was raised catholic too but american catholics freak me out.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
So who are the options so far? Got Gabbard the psycho, Harris the horrible prosecutor, probably fuckin' Hillary, Bernie and Uncle Joe so fuckin' old they fart cobwebs, and the the CEO of starbucks who I know absolutely nothing about? That the lineup so far?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
They... want to invade Columbia? Or use Columbia as a staging are to Venezuela? And they think Columbia is gonna be fine with either?

And we'll just forget that he's carrying a notepad around with that poo poo on it.

I hope that's a photoshop.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Reign Of Pain posted:

Columbia hasn't had a problem working with the DEA...why would they have a problem with this?

5000 troops and the logistical train that follows them is not exactly a few dozen agents.

And using them to wage literal war on a neighbor doesn't exactly make for good long term buddies in the area.

But that's just a guess

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Ah well, my mistake then.

Looks like we get to commit some horrible crimes against the local populace in south america then!

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
It hit 40 degrees here last night and killed my motorcycle battery :(

I'm pretty sure that's the coldest it's been since I've gotten here by far.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah it's been around 70 in the warmer parts of the day and the pale skin northerners are out and about taking full advantage.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Suicide Watch posted:

I really wonder how much of his motivation to run comes from hearing AOC and Warren's comments on billionaires and 70% taxes

All of it

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Tbh, as an average American voter, I’m disturbed by what I’ve been told are AOC’s plans to raise taxes by 70% on everyone. I certainly can’t afford a tax hike like that; personally, I’d trust someone who spent their career making money than a first-term congressperson who just wants to spend it!

There we go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Fallom posted:

I didn’t engage with that point but from the context it seemed like they were trying to imply that excessive emotional attachment to the environment might lead one to latch on to studies that confirm that viewpoint. Obviously that argument is completely insane given that we’re talking about the entire planet’s worth of scientists lining up against Mr. Burns and guys who think the concept of nutrition is a leftist plot.

To be honest I wish I could find some way out of this mental mode I currently feel where it seems like the rational world is slipping away and I need to engage with these people in order to feel like I’m helping in some way. Being dismissive works great on the internet but not in real life when somebody you’d otherwise respect starts going off on a science denialism tangent.

I’ll note that these feelings became more prominent when I started drinking less.

If you can get a legit honest answer out of 2 questions, you ask them:

1/ What if I'm wrong?

and

2/ What if YOU are wrong?

And things like this usually the answer to if they are wrong is "gently caress WE ALL DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH" . And if they are honestly willing to gamble billions of lives on some fringe belief just so they can be edgyyyyyy, well then, you know what opinion you should have of them.