Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

We're hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Well I mean you saw the picture didn't you? Ain't nobody baking on an (American) aircraft carrier. He said it loving owned and they had a wine ration.

My dude one of the CS2s i knew would disagree with that wholeheartedly, he was the night baker and his sole job all night was to bake about 7 or 800 loaves of bread during his shift. It was garbage bread, but he did bake it.

(they didn't let it rise properly before baking it)

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

She's great and I love her

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62tnJtLBQzQ

This tv spot is the sole reason that most of the Marines that joined, joined. (RIP Marine thread)

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Eej posted:

https://twitter.com/josephfcox/status/1082687287983595520

Can't believe all those crime procedurals are wasting their time when you can just pay someone to look up a cellphone in less than a minute

The biggest concern I have about this is the natsec angle. You could use my phone to track my comings and goings, and it doesn't even have to be a smartphone, a 20 dollar AT&T burner can be tracked just as easily, and I'm sure you can track OnStar just the same, as it has a cell modem built into it. You can establish a most likely route for my daily travel and my routine of being in and out of the house (the data request includes the home address of the account!) and then plan an intercept of me or my family for whatever nefarious poo poo you were planning to do, like pressure someone into becoming an insider threat.

Thanks to the government shutdown lol this will be water under the bridge before the FCC gets back in office, and nothing will happen because we live in hypercapitalist hellworld.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jan 8, 2019

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

I guarantee this data is being sold to foreign Intel agencies.

Oh one hundred loving percent, what country wouldn't love to be able to throw down ~$300 through a shell corporation and have access to real time location data for an intel analyst working at Redstone Arsenal or a nuclear physicist working in Los Alamos?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

DoktorLoken posted:

I'm sure Congress will get right on putting in some very restrictive privacy laws for social media and telecom companies

I can feel the sarcasm dripping off of every word.

The biggest thing that makes this laughable is the people passing the laws or not passing the laws as such don't think about this from a security angle, because people who do sensitive jobs have phones too, and cars, and facebook and google accounts. The sale of data is basically wholly unregulated and policed by literal "we pinky promise we won't use this location data for bad things" agreements, and that's a very bad thing.

People from the EU might hold up GDPR as groundbreaking data regulation but does it even cover data harvested from cell tower locations?

E: The answer is not really, it still allows for the collection of cell phone location data "for legitimate purposes" but fails to specify what a legitimate purpose is, as well as its resale lol.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jan 8, 2019

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

McNally posted:

I mean, BP already knew there was a lot of oil in the Gulf of Mexico. They put it there, after all.

:drat:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Suicide Watch posted:

It's probably a database with IMEI numbers tied to owners of the phone plans. In the US don't you need an ID to purchase a SIM card? Someone else may know more but wouldn't any country that requires an ID to purchase a SIM card be able to do this?

Also I remember someone here remarked on a Trump tweet that excess parenthesis and commas in text was pretty indicative of mental illness. Anyone have more background on this?

If you read the motherboard article the concern isn't the IMEI numbers database, which is frankly kinda useless if you don't have location data, but the fact that there are companies selling the live, down to the minute location data of any phone as long as you know the phone number. Phone numbers are much easier to get a hold of than IMEI numbers.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

not caring here posted:

100mm box with 5 mm wall x 8 meters long, if you can get to the fence with a rope and a 1976 Suzuki Samurai, you could loop the fence up high and just tow bend it down to the ground. Or snap it off.

You can also apparently set the world record for highest motorized ascent for a wheeled vehicle, because the Suzuki Samurai holds the record at 21,942ft.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I thought AP was supposed to be non biased lol

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nice and hot piss posted:

Can you explain to me why every single bathroom stall in an entire airport has been used by someone who completely misses the toilet bowl for both urine and bowel movements?

user name checks out

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

It is loving surreal that Nancy Pelosi of all people has a spine.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

facialimpediment posted:

Nancy Pelosi should never, ever, ever read another teleprompter speech out loud ever again.

More of this though!

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1083109964774850560?s=19

:drat:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

God drat, she is throwing harsh shade.

I mean she actually legitimately despises him as a person and as a president, and the fact that she's got significant backing in this from within the democratic party means she will gladly keep dunking on Hair Furor in public and private as much as possible as long as it scores her those sweet political points.

https://twitter.com/Calltoart/status/1083114608162947072

This is also rich because most TSA employees and border security as far as I can tell are quite low on the GS payscale ladder, if they're even on it. You don't begin to sniff that kind of money until you're a GS mid-teens at a high step.

I would guess most federal employees who are not being paid and being forced to work are making a little over 40-50k with locality pay.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jan 9, 2019

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Wasabi the J posted:

I don't know about your problems I use secret bathrooms

ah so we found who is making GBS threads in the soap dispensers

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

https://twitter.com/SarahMNeilson/status/1083439262362611712

those perfidious poors and their off-road recreational vehicles :argh:

The immediate response below that is "We know they're not poor because poor people don't go offroading in a national park"

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Also the responses to this by the top commenter asking why it's not cool to be racist are great

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Crakkerjakk posted:

Sanders, sherrod brown, imo.

Sanders is not a front runner, he is a fossil, and if bernouts vote for harambe or some stupid bullshit in protest and give us 4 more years of Hair Furor, they should be lined up against a wall and shot.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Terrifying Effigies posted:

If any of these potential candidates can't survive the in-fighting and stake out a credible case for why they should lead the Party then they're definitely not going to be able to stand up what Trump and the GOP dish out. There should be no free passes, especially since (with a half-exception for prior-rans like Bernie) none of the 2020 candidates have stood up a campaign organization and published their policies and positions for review and debate. There are still fundamental issues like healthcare, climate change, immigration, etc that the Dems need to come to grips with and should be just as important as simply voting Trump out.

Dealing with 4 years more years of hair furor is not the best time for an ideological purity argument. Trump's admin is actively hostile to any progressive ideas, and he's a bigly moron who will absolutely destroy this country if he is given 4 more years. However the Democratic primaries shake out, Democrats cannot afford to stay home because they got their feefees hurt that their pet candidate did not make it. They need to get out, register to vote, and then actually do so.

Trump and the GOP do not determine the election, voters do. If the party unifies behind the Democratic candidate instead of doing some wiffle waffle bullshit and not voting, then Trump and co can shriek their loving brains out on Fox News they will still lose.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jan 12, 2019

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Syrian Lannister posted:

Except if you live in a poo poo hole like Illinois. No way was I voting for Hilldawg or Hair Furor. Besides IL went Hillary immediately, so I comedy optioned Harambe

You should be lined up against a wall as a mercy killing because Illinois sucks.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

why is bitcoin not on there

That said I can spot about 15 or so words in there that would potentially cause a second look from people who would be interested in reading posts on a dead gay comedy forum, but intel analysts are pretty up on stupid memes, so it would get filed in the dustbin.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jan 13, 2019

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

facialimpediment posted:

Trump has been especially idiotic on twitter today, but gently caress that, here's what I want.

https://twitter.com/ajc/status/1084631946574118913

Florida man

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I like how he says there were over a thousand burgers there. CNN was saying the count was closer to 300.

Largest reception ever!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

What does it mean to be a mig-15,?

e: beaten, i had to look that poo poo up

orange juche fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jan 16, 2019

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nick Soapdish posted:

Reports are that Treasury are ready to call back IRS employees as essential to be unpaid and start on tax returns

The head of the IRS already said that tax returns will not be delayed by this, so yeah they're all but assured to get called back in if the shutdown doesn't end in a hurry.

Man the absolute spineless behavior of republicans is amazing though.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

If you measure engines in displacement, you're wrong. KW or nothing.

hey come lie under this hammock with a hole in it so i can poo poo in your mouth

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Stultus Maximus posted:

If those kids aren't expelled with a public apology and outline of how the school will address this, I'll definitely be letting them know. I am a Catholic school teacher and I firmly believe in rooting out problems in your own organization and not closing ranks. This really, really pisses me off.

Twitter is hidden, email box has an auto-reply out of office, and the phone is busy, good luck getting through. You'd have better luck contacting the diocese of Kentucky.

Unfortunately judging by my experiences with Catholicism, the diocese will close ranks and shield the bad apples and nothing will happen.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Twitter delivered, they found out who said smirking shithead was, and what college he was accepted to, and started tweeting at them about this. I'm willing to bet that the college will rescind their acceptance of him now. Dipshit gonna learn that bigotry can have real consequences, especially in his future educational and employment searching.

https://twitter.com/jaesyun_/status/1086705447720157184

orange juche fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jan 19, 2019

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

colachute posted:

I've tried about half a dozen times in the last half hour to call the school and it has been busy every time.

The college you should be @ ing is Cincinnati State, as that's where smirking red hat is going after graduation from that private school.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Stultus Maximus posted:

Gonna suck to be Cincinnati State officials for the next week, lol.

If they're smart they'll drop him like a hot potato. Hopefully this idiot's future misfortune will cause his peers to reconsider their actions, but that's unlikely judging by the amount of red hats there, chanting "BUILD THE WALL"

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I mean when I was 17 i knew racism was wrong, different strokes for diffrent folks i guess?

LET HE WHO HAS NOT VERBALLY HARASSED AND INTIMIDATED AN INDIGENOUS PERSON WHILE ON A SCHOOL SPONSORED TRIP CAST THE FIRST STONE

orange juche fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 19, 2019

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hahaha the superintentent of the school was there chaperoning the trip, he was probably in the background laughing and jeering.

poo poo gets better and better!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CBC's twitter person makes amazingly bad takes

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

facialimpediment posted:

There's a Pandemic game underway in Washington State and the Portland area.

https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/1087559193937223681

Measles started in Vancouver, WA, then picked up steam. In the Portland area, 18 kids and one adult got it, seven more are suspected, and 17 of the confirmed cases of measles were unvaccinated people because of course.

One of the people WENT TO A loving PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS GAME and Portland International Airport is on the list of potential exposure sites.

MMR vaccine causes autism don't you know

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

This just rolled across the ticker on CNN

Rudy Giuliani says "I've been through all the tapes" followed by "I shouldn't have said tapes"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Kamala Harris’ parentage doesn’t preclude her from being president. Her being a cop precludes her from being president.

That said if it comes down to Donnie Diaper and Kamala Harris in the election I'd vote for Harris in a heartbeat because i know that 4 more years of Trump will leave the US nonexistent.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Something about representatives and senators from Vermont making racial gaffes like Bernie and now this guy

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Cohen is claiming that the Trump admin is making unspecified "threats" against him and his family, which is delaying his testimony. He has lied to the FBI before so who knows, but it would be icing on the cake if someone told him they were going to fit him for cement shoes if he testified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I do love how the republican senators are screeching that this is all the democrats fault.