Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

https://twitter.com/Potbelly/status/1085192583670726658

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I am okay with people using positive messages to sell stuff.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Tollymain posted:

thats not the vibe i got from reading that essay

It's the vibe I can see someone getting from the headline though, which you have to understand is as far as 90% of people get these days.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Internet Wizard posted:

It’s the same kind of crap you hear at every single EO brief or in all of the discussion groups we had to have after the Marines United scandal. There’s always some SNCOs or officers, sometimes even the EO rep themselves making comments about how the women should have known better and should have made better decisions.

And then LCPL Wizard was the one who got in trouble for saying “you’re right Gunny, it was a mistake for those women to trust marines”

When I was in Korea we were told that if you think she's going to go to the cops and say you raped her, that you should go to the cops first and say she raped you instead. And this was during my in-processing SHARP briefing, not some off-the-cuff remark from a lovely NCO or something.

Go Army :)

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

As Nero Danced posted:

I heard it called Candy Land once, so it's totally a vacation spot!

It’s got a friggin TGI Fridays!!!!!

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I have no idea what we will talk about when/if Trump leaves office.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

E: never mind. N4I stop being lovely.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Jesus Christ some of you fuckers are horrible people.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

if you can go back and kill baby hitler why wouldn't you just go back and raise him to not be a fascist murdering dictator instead

unless you think some people are just genetically bad or something, which is a road i don't think people should go down.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

That dude is a loving boss to stand in the middle of that mob of shitheads and keep doing his thing. More strength than anyone in that mob has, that's for loving sure.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

orange juche posted:

Twitter delivered, they found out who said smirking shithead was, and what college he was accepted to, and started tweeting at them about this. I'm willing to bet that the college will rescind their acceptance of him now.

I've tried about half a dozen times in the last half hour to call the school and it has been busy every time.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

quote:

The Diocese of Covington and Covington Catholic High School have issued the following statement:

We condemn the actions of the Covington Catholic High School students towards Nathan Phillips specifically, and Native Americans in general, Jan. 18, after the March for Life, in Washington, D.C. We extend our deepest apologies to Mr. Phillips. This behavior is opposed to the Church’s teachings on the dignity and respect of the human person.

The matter is being investigated and we will take appropriate action, up to and including expulsion.

We know this incident also has tainted the entire witness of the March for Life and express our most sincere apologies to all those who attended the March and all those who support the pro-life movement.

https://twitter.com/CCofKY/status/1086738701491863554

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

nwin posted:

This is really his only shot at getting a wall built, right? I mean, if he does reopen the government, I doubt a budget would ever get passed that included his wall.

So now he’s in a position where if he concedes defeat and reopens the government, then he doesn’t get a wall built and one of his main promises during his election run doesn’t happen, so he doesn’t get elected again.

However, I have to believe that less and less people are going to want to vote for him again the longer this shutdown lasts, so at some point he’s gotta pivot and try to get elected again through some other avenues?

I don’t know-just loving pay me already. It should be fun if all the coast guard retirees don’t get their check on the first.

Bomb like 25 countries at once and lob a nuke at Iran and NK and start WW3?

I dunno, I'm trying to brainstorm a way where he could just cancel the election.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

racist kids usually start hanging out with racists at birth.

racism is typically a legacy trait.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Tollymain posted:

once our ongoing climate disaster is impossible to deny because its happening at everybody too hard theyre just going to shift to blaming china

or god

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

LingcodKilla posted:

You can’t blame god because god willed it. It’s in his plans duh.

Blame God

Credit God

whatevs

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

tide voted for trump

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Tide posted:

Maybe its mocking maybe its the kids thinking 'hey this is cool' not being aware of what the reality of the situation is.

lol

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Stultus Maximus posted:

Yeah it is amazing how the polar vortex has destabilized into three small wandering polar vortices! Totally normal!

you cant just make up words and call it science

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

well this is quite the cliffhanger

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Dum Cumpster posted:

How does this contradict him? I've avoided some of the story because I'm too sick to be angry at our future.

He said they weren't mocking him but it's pretty clear that they were.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Have you considered getting into a flaming dumpster full of diapers and closing the lid after you?

we already live in the US, friend

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Who cares? You don’t need some dumb white power gang sign to be the smoking gun here.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Is there a reality where Trump could try to hold the elections hostage with a shutdown?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

unless you have a huge social media following your responses aren't worth poo poo anyway

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

orange juche posted:

MMR vaccine causes autism don't you know

Obviously I’d rather have measles IDIOT

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Maybe Trump is going to start a bunch of wars really soon and is just looking out for transgender people. He said he was for LGBTQ!!

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

if this was true i'd be okay with it

but it's not and that guy is an idiot

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Kamala Harris’ parentage doesn’t preclude her from being president. Her being a cop precludes her from being president.

well poo poo if it comes down to her or trump i'll probably just sit this one out then

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Proud Christian Mom posted:

blU nO mAttR wHo

false. i said i'm just not going to vote since she was a cop. if trump gets reelected because of my apathy then that's better than electing a friggin cop!!!

what would your alternative be if she gets the democratic nomination?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Proud Christian Mom posted:

When your house is burning you don't celebrate the fire being slightly cooler than before. If the status quo crowd gets their desired nominee then I won't be voting for them.

Who will you vote for?

You didn't give me an alternative, you just said what you won't do.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I think more than one person took my "I'm just not gonna vote" post seriously.

I'm going to vote against Trump regardless of who the democratic candidate is at this point, be it Kamala Harris or Jack's Stroked Foreskin. My point was a vote that isn't for a democrat might as well be for Trump, so if I'm not going to vote democrat I might as well not vote. Typically that's not a standpoint I go by, but Trump is bad enough for me to reconsider.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Richard Bong posted:

Vote dem in the elections but be vicious as gently caress in the primaries. Then after the elections are done with go back to rooting out the centrist turds.

This is my plan. I'm going to pay more attention to these primaries than probably anything ever in my life.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I don't think AOC makes sense with her talk of billionaires being uneth--

https://www.wsj.com/articles/billionaire-ken-griffin-buys-americas-most-expensive-home-for-238-million-11548271301

quote:

Billionaire Ken Griffin Buys America’s Most Expensive Home for $238 Million

Billionaire Ken Griffin, who is becoming almost as known for his prodigious purchases as he is for his investment acumen, has closed on a New York penthouse for roughly $238 million. The deal sets a record for the highest-priced home ever sold in the U.S.

That is equivalent to almost 2000 years of leases on the 3br townhouse I had in college, or 2000 one year leases if you want to look at it like that.

Somethingsomething homeless veterans somethingseomething.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Vasudus posted:

The only thing I can trust the American government/military to do is smash another countries conventional government/military into little bits in a conventional conflict. Any deviation from that very specific field and it's a crapshoot.

bro we are gonna win afghanistan any day now

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Saw this at lunch today

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

If it passes then Trump can veto it right?

It only keeps the government open until the 8th correct?

Hell yeah let’s get petty with people’s lives up in this bitch.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Donald Trump literally has a wealthy child's understanding of how the world works.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Won't this just get drug out in court?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

nwin posted:

I’ve had USAA for everything for the last 20 years-I was under my dad for car insurance and then put everything under me when he passed.

Their checking and atm reimbursement is good, but their checking and savings rates suck.

Their investment branch just got sold off to someone else and their USAA specific index funds have higher expense fees than vanguard.

I’m not sure on their car/renters/property insurance. I like it because I’ve never had a problem with an accident claim or when my wife’s diamond fell out of her engagement ring and went missing. I like their customer service in that regard but I’ve heard their rates are higher than others.

I pay $7/mo for renter's insurance in the nothern VA area.

I have two checking accounts with USAA and haven't had any issues in the ten years I've used them.