Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Jesus so many hot takes about politics it's like I'm standing on the sun.

The correct singular and only method for voting is from the rooftops - and that #2 is supersized

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Godholio posted:

What do you think impeachment does?

Well it's never been used to successfully remove a president so what exactly do you think it does?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Godholio posted:

Unless you can put the Senate in a position where it has to convict, nothing except waste time. Maybe get Trump to tweet angrily.

Impeachment is a weak goal.

Well since that's unlikely what do you think the value of the political theater of it all would be? Certainly Bill's impeachment affected Hilldawg's run down the line. It might have a ton of political value absent a conviction even.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Food in Europe murders what the slop stores sell here

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jan 6, 2019

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
When I eat museli for breakfast I start to look for cheese and booze for lunch.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

The wall doesn’t have poo poo on the U.S. highway and interstate road systems in any measurable terms. Cost more, insanely larger, and more steel and concrete and asphalt than 3 border walls. Our highway networks are insane.

It could in the sense that it's being built over poo poo terrain instead of surveyed routes but yeah you might be right

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Lots of those roads were built back when the technology to build them was awful in comparison to now. Especially in the mountains.

I wouldn't say any of that was easier.

But back then the men weren't pussies, according to my racist memaw.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Barcley posted:

At a airport waiting on my flight home, only 5 people showed up for work at the tower this morning and shits delayed by hours. Got a connection in Kentucky too, so I'm probably never getting home.

How many airplane bottles of liquor did you pack?

Edit: AOC strikes me as the voice of our generation insofar as that term has any relevance in the 21st century.

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jan 7, 2019

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

facialimpediment posted:

For additional reference, Obama wanted to address the country on immigration and got denied time on the major networks in 2014. The networks generally cede time to the President for apolitical announcements, but generally don't do so for purely political statements.

https://twitter.com/GlennKesslerWP/status/1082346402045480971?s=19

Ugh that was a pre-escalator mindset. It made sense then - it doesn't now.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Painting thing seems like bullshit

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

psydude posted:

I'm talking specifically about her response to AC where she basically says being wrong doesn't matter because the ends justify the means and Trump does it too.

It's political and she owned the mistake. I don't know what the original misifgure was but this seems pretty appropriate?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Jarmak posted:

The fact this poo poo is not only allowed but encouraged by mods is why I laugh whenever we get a page of back patting about this thread being better than d&d.

tHe FAcT ThIS poo poo is nOt oNlY AlLOwEd bUt eNcOuRaGeD...

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Nice and hot piss posted:

Can you explain to me why every single bathroom stall in an entire airport has been used by someone who completely misses the toilet bowl for both urine and bowel movements?

Mr Perfect over here throwing stones

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

not caring here posted:

Buying juicy girls drinks (and not treating them like human garbage) in Korea is how I learned of surprise alerts and field exercise timetables.

Peace Club best club

You paid foreign agents for classified information overseas?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

not caring here posted:

You assume that any of that information is classified, and not just purposefully withheld from Joe to gently caress with him.

You'll get your chance to prove otherwise at court-martial, bub.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

EBB posted:

What if they traded their refrigerator for a car?

If the car has an A/C then it is still a refrigerator and they are therefore not poor QED

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Our strategy has always been to conclude this thing in the stupidest way possible and that's what we are doing

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Meltdown may came early

The Iron Rose posted:

She wasn't even a cop! She was a district attorney. Are we calling prosecutors class traitors now? Good grief.

I haven't even decided who I'm going to support - the primaries haven't happened yet! But man am I ever concerned that a vicious, contentious primary is just going to sow more division in the Democratic party and I hope whoever the eventual nominee is we all come together to support them and pull that voting lever, rather than relatively minor ideological disagreement let Trump win a second term.

E: This includes Warren whose policy I like but personally I think she's not the sharpest and Gabbard who I called a traitor in ~2015 for sucking up to Al-Assad, but tbh she can thank Trump for that no longer being disqualifying.

Prosecutors are worse than cops

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

I guess my point is suck it up and vote :shrug:

Whoa whoa whoa real Americans only bud. If you don't drive a truck and bleed red white and blue you're just noise!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

I also stare at the sun, am I healthy?!?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Cops are the focal point of social unrest because people are too chickenshit to tell their racist uncles/cousins/parents/partners to stop being racist pieces of poo poo. Cops are also powertripping shitheads who abuse their discretion and have little to no regard for societal norms when it comes to policing minorities or people they think they can harass with no consequence.

In summation gently caress cops and the people who call them

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Melthir posted:

At the same time they are the same people we call to deal with this poo poo.

statistically speaking they loving butcher these interactions as well

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

EBB posted:

Don't start spamming that again

when you say "that" which words exactly are you referring to?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Thalantos posted:

Acab.

And yeah, I was in and served overseas.

I hate and loathe myself too, and if I weren't a huge coward I'd have offed myself by now for being a war criminal.

Soooooo, there's that?

Well there are war criminals and then there are warcriminals so you shouldn't sweat it so much!

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jan 13, 2019

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Tides angry because bama loving sucks

edit: And because he's a racist cracker moron

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Brown Moses gets funding from the Atlantic council and therefore anything he says is.manufactured propoganda

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

MA-Horus posted:

Is this a realpost?

That depends, do you think I'm a loving nitwit? :airquote:

colachute posted:

Is there a reality where Trump could try to hold the elections hostage with a shutdown?

Despite claims to the contrary the president is not king and a Congress that delayed elections without a monumentally good reason would be inviting social unrest of a level not seen in centuries in the USA... I hope

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 22, 2019

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Turning the state into a profiteer off of the adult entertainment industry? Could we get some production subsidies and maybe a state sex workers union rolled into the bill instead of paying for a wall?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Former speechwriter for George W. Bush? Who the gently caress gave this guy a job after being a part of that global catastrophe? Shouldn't he be painting the ghosts of Iraqi children?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Thought it was hookworm that was one of the problems in Alabama.

Hookworm was an issue in the south before indoor plumbing but I don't think it's that big a crisis anymore.

"Its ignorant because I disagree with it! She is always disagreeing with me! Therefore she is just ignorant!"
lol dude talks like michael jackson

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jan 23, 2019

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

facialimpediment posted:

I was about to edit my above post, because there's another option: Trump shows up, goes on the House floor, and the lights turn off and the cameras don't broadcast.

https://twitter.com/gzornick/status/1088128136397631491?s=19

This came into play in the House sit-in over guns back in 2015/2016, I forget when. Democrats sat in the House to semi-shut it down, Paul Ryan cut the C-SPAN feed, and the members had to broadcast on Periscope and other live streaming sites.

Mmm yes the president of the United States inviting himself over to the chamber of a co-equal branch of our federal government. If I had any faith in the American electorate I'd think this was a bad move but Trump's prior WWF experience is a real advantage here.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Donald Trump, King corpse maker!!!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
We stopped our program of forced sterilization of rural imbiciles too soon!!?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

gently caress this scumbag piece of poo poo

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Fallom posted:

Is USAA for real denying people the loan

jfc I may really end up with Navy Federal before this is over

Many of the sailors I worked with had terrible, terrible credit and were leveraged to the gills with their stupid purchases. If I was a bank I wouldn't lend them money either

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Vasudus posted:

it's impressive how much of the government has depended on the honor system basically

we have no mechanisms to call for early elections for any reason at all

the government can straight up shut down if they can't agree on funding

etc

A 2 party past the post system is supposed to drive the electorate to a consensus position that makes these kinds of occurrences impossible

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

DoktorLoken posted:

Hah, finally my idiot senator Ron Johnson did something to make me happy.

Sounds like bullshit political theater to keep Ron Johnson's favorables high. Who the gently caress confirms a confrontation with the news?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Wait wait wait let's not get ahead of ourselves - what was killary Killington doing during the same period huh? Ordering pizzas maybe? Pedo pizzas? With Soros even?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Mike Pence is a serial horse rapist and all around lovely guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Spree murder / shooting in Louisiana makes 3 instances of 5 victims or more in a loving week iirc. Just a regular January in the world superpower