Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
by those standards we're still gullible fuckers. to illustrate, wait for the CES coverage this year.

also every product and company that claims to use "AI"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

communism bitch posted:

drat that's fuckin badass. I'm glad we'e putting neural networks to good use finally

it's a neural network product in the same way all those "ai generated screenplay" things are ai generated. i.e. with a heavy dose of curation and manual editing

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

more biopunk than cyberpunk but it fits our theme: science fixes god's blunder, makes photosynthesis that actually works. tyrell corp, here we come.

bonus, they tested it on tobacco

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

you know what never has adverse effects? massive out of control algae blooms.

the upside is, after they kill all ocean life and super oxegenate the atmosphere there will be no climate wars because the entire atmosphere will have conflagrated off and the planet will be a crispy vaccuum packed cinder

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yeah, i saw innerspace

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

is bullshit clickbait cyberpunk now?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yup. this is it. the cyberpunk future

exactly as incomprehensibly stupid as envisioned

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

well that's a hell of a ride

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

i got a $20 retroreflective tote off amazon, I could probably just get a dozen of those and someone actually good at sewing could make me a jacket of the stuff. except mine will be all fractal panels and poo poo

no flash/flash

can you link the product page for this?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

ah, thanks. that did it.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yeah, see if you can guess why having an ir-reflective license plate cover is not allowed

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

gonadic io posted:

Somebody not on a phone post the image from that article please, imgur is poo poo on mobile and I don't want to hotlink

sorry, it crashed imgur

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

david byrne is cool as gently caress

also, go watch true stories

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

that was a bad movie, you should instead watch the aeon flux show that was on mtv

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

toxic masculinity

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

xpost

infernal machines posted:

it's good to see fisher stevens getting work after hackers

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i dunno why but wwf running low key terror campaigns with pmcs seems pretty cyberpunk
https://twitter.com/katiejmbaker/status/1102557227389538304

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

that is cool as hell, but :rip: that guy

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

okay, sure, the panda bear people directly fund death squads in the global south, but have you considered that others commit crimes too?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

truly, who among us has not financed illegal weapons sales to a rapacious PMC? let them cast the first stone

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

what are the odds that it focuses almost exclusively on POC and the visibly poor, exactly like regular loss prevention staff?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

on the plus side it means someone has finally developed a machine vision algorithm that can see people with darker skin tones

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

okay, who had "catnip cocktail" as their nuke analogue of 2019?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

loving figures

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

mike12345 posted:

the guy who shaped that rear end is a goon

i'll bet

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i'm guessing in the cyberpunk future you need to be strapped in to a lot of things

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

very?

tapes are sequential access and there's no playback control from the computer, it was manual for the commodore

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i had a samsung somethingerother with wap back in 2001

it was very much the future for a little bit.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i can check the weather! or stocks!

standing outside broke as poo poo having spent all my money on a cell phone

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Skyscraper posted:

The Adidas also cost less, apparently.
https://www.endclothing.com/us/adidas-xeno-windbreaker-ap1729.html
back when you could still get it, anyway

I wasn't expecting the off-brand version to cost double that.

no no, this isn't off-brand, it's bespoke limited edition, think gabriel hounds from zero history

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

prisoner of waffles posted:

Yeesh, I suspect the inconvenience of holding a deece security clearance is only going up up up.

https://www.defenseone.com/technology/2019/03/us-military-creating-future-employee-monitoring/155824/

lmao. it's MIC, so of course they actually believe this poo poo works

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we will surveil you for life using the digital haruspex

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/sokane1/status/1111023840778481664

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

do they not yet have an accelerometer that can tell when you're dismounting at high speed versus stepping off a parked bike?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

ouch.

although that thing only works if you overextend your tether, but how long is that?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

abigserve posted:

are you guys loving with me or do you legitimately not see the difference between current social media mechanisms and the ability to invent an infinite number of convincing fake social media accounts

i'd love for you to define your baseline for "convincing" because if it's at "has a human looking avatar", boy howdy do i have some news.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

don't get me wrong, automating shitposting via neural networks and giving every bot a unique face via GAN is cyberpunk as hell, but i really don't see it being materially different than the status quo in anything other than volume

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

but content wise, what difference would it make?

if i'm not getting gaslit by a dozen fake accounts, am i going to be gaslit by 1000? hmm, this terrible hot take now has the form of a 9th grade book report, surely it must have been written by an opinion columnist and not a twitter bot, i guess maybe it's true after all

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Apr 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

related: a good article on deceptive heuristics and media literacy in the context of people who do not exist