Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Heard a stat that Lega's support from 18% to 30% since they've been in power.

What's the coalition government's stance on austerity? What are their economic policies like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

TorakFade posted:

Oh I know. I spent the best part of the last ten years making between 700 and 1000€/month, basically until my current job started last year that luckily pays more. Things are tough, but not as tough as some make it out to be (I personally know many people that "struggle to make ends meet" but smoke and drink for more than 200€/month that could easily be saved...)

Citizens practicing personal austerity on a mass scale is an excellent way to crash an economy. You're witnessing that right now when that's being forced to happen with the pandemic. Not sure how it is in Italy but also all the parsimony in the world is not going to help when rents dwarf all other expenses. You should consider the logical conclusions of your moral grandstanding.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

TorakFade posted:

Fine. But then people should not complain about not having money if they spend it in entertainment and vices, since no one is forcing them to do that and they're not primary needs :shrug:

We can argue all day about how salaries should be WAY higher than they are, and I'd be in full agreement, but if you have limited resources it's your duty to use them wisely (you can get entertainment for cheap but it's not "good enough" for many people - many don't want Netflix but are happy to go to the cinema every month and pay a higher price for a lot less hours of entertainment, heck that goes even for vices: roll your own cigarettes for 10€/week rather than buying a 5€ pack every day, or buy a 1,5-2€ beer at the store rather than paying 5-6€ in a pub), and if you don't, complaining about it doesn't fill me with warm fuzzy feelings of "awwww so sorry for you"

Even leaving aside the lovely middle class tut tutting of poors not deserving to socialize or enjoy vices, let's go with what you say.

What happens to the pub when they lose large numbers of customers when they take your advice? What happens to their employees, their suppliers? What happens when this is scaled up to every pub across the country?

I don't understand how you're incapable of seeing the endgame of your suggestions when we're seeing it happen in realtime right loving now.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

TorakFade posted:

Please stop pretending that I said that no one should ever go to the pub. That's not it, and I made it plenty clear. I only said that those people that are complaining that they have no money, should take appropriate steps to have money, e.g. reduce their frivolous spending which is by far the best and easiest way to have more money

Good lord you're dense as hell.