Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Vince MechMahon posted:

They were wrong on that one, cause there are no good cops. Sorry Renee, shoulda got a different job.

Lt Columbo
:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Cheery story that, he finds out a division of his company is experimenting on homeless people because he's been so hands off focused on his I AM THE NIGHT shtick. Those responsible set him up as a patsy and he's taken out of commission in an assassination attempt, so he has to use the tech on a former employee to unravel it all. Ends up getting them and the bad guy killed, then Gordon - in full 'I don't know but I do know really' mode - chews him out for it.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I think it is in continuity though as it's Ducard's first appearance and goes into how he trained Bruce as a detective before their falling out.

But yeah, Bruce is crippled, recovers only to have it happen all over again a year or two later in Knightfall. Talk about careless, tsk.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I liked Mary Marvel's new book, the art was delightful and the combination of a fresh start at college and a chatty, spell-casting rabbit pulling her back in Godfather III style worked well for me.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Jiro posted:

I really miss Vertigo. :(

:smith:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I wanna live on Earth-66

:smith:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Endless Mike posted:

Honestly how can you be a superhero team without a headquarters?

It’s the 21st century bro, no one needs office space anymore, we can all do it remotely. Batman calling in from the Batcave in full costume while everyone else dials in from bed, on mute so he can’t hear that they’re watching telly while he’s talking.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Firestorm was born perfect, you filthy heathen. Stand in the Corner of Woe and reflect on your heresy.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
My overriding memory of Chase is that it was the one regular DC title my GF at the time bothered with for some reason. She was very much 100% Vertigo's twee fey poo poo and 2000AD to the core with zero time for regular DCU/cape related poo poo yet somehow Chase of all things ended up on her radar. It had been equally surprising when she got into (and introduced me to) The Authority.

Years later, seeing Chase and the DEO pop up in Batwoman was very much like a half remembered dream.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Man, imagine going back 30 years and telling folks the goofy jester sidekick gal in this new cartoon is gonna end up on practically every other DC superteam, be the star of several films, and one of DC’s most popular characters after Bats. They’d think you were out of your fuckin’ mind.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Yeah but he was a complete prick, had just killed a kid and was going to kill John too so it was justifiable uricide.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Disco Pope posted:

Was this a typical Constantine gambit, like his piss was holy or something?

The opposite, if anything. The King found him during a homeless stint on the streets, gloated for a bit, took a chomp...then started gagging/melting because he did not find John's demon tainted blood agreeable. Pissing on him as he was dying was the cherry on the cake.

If anything, he got off lightly.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he still wouldn't be cool with all of the violent criminals switching to non-violent crime. he's only cool with white collar crime and vigilantism, after all.
Now I want a Batman story where he's just doing a Kitboga from the batcave, annoying the poo poo out of scam call centres while doing his best Aunt Harriet impression.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Okay, I did not have Batwoman and Fox Jr taking up Jakita and Elijah's mantle on my DC bingo card but hey, here we are I guess.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Vincent posted:

I've been out of the DC loop for about 3 or 4 years now, but what's this about? Sound very cool.

It's exactly as it sounds, Fox and Kate and an odd woman called...The Drummer going around investigating mysteries in the DCU. They found a shift ship (maybe *the* shift ship) with a bunch of pickled century babies on board, and a Planetary guide.

I'm a total mark for Kate and for Planetary so either I'm gonna love it or demand the heads of all involved.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Reading the new issue of Outsiders and Nocturna's "everything's hosed, so let's enjoy it while we can bitches" philosophy is strangely appealing, And while the series can't hope to live up to its inspiration, I have to say I like this Drummer way more than the original.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I should also add that having nu Jenny's power basically be anxiety crisis incarnate actually feels perfectly appropriate for current 21st century life. She's having a rubbish time, we're all having a rubbish time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Well I guess that explains why I was liking nuDrummer so much more than the original: Jakita > The Drummer. Rather curious to see where this all ends up, and lol that The Carrier has a crush on Kate.