Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

lofi posted:

Hey all, I could do with some feedback. I've been working on a tarot card set, going for a psychadelic post-apoc vibe, but I've really stalled out, feel completely uninspired by the project at the moment. Here's some of what I've got so far:

Is the colourscheme just too much? Like, I can't imagine anyone using them to do a tarot reading with, but does that matter, would people be buying them just as nice images? Am I making the characters/archetypes too removed from the real world?

Basically I'm tying myself in second-guessing knots, and any feedback would be helpful, might help me figure out where I'm going with this, if I want to shitcan the project and start on something else, change the style, or what.

this is like if moebius made adventure time and i really dig it

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

:kimchi:

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Crocobile posted:

Hi everyone! I'm hoping to get into something closer to a daily drawing habit. Fostering healthy habits is hard!

Here's some life drawings! They vary from 5 to 20 mins.

these are fantastic. what a neat technique. what kind of ink are you using? (i can't tell if these are digital or not because i'm dumb)

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Shinmera posted:

More painting practise today.

I know you didn't ask for criticism, but this is an easy fix for a simple issue-- if the bottom or top of a cylinder is flatter than the other that means your eye is closer to that plane than the other. Judging by the lower curve, your eye would be toward the bottom and in that case you wouldn't be able to see the top plane. If you want to keep the top as is, it means your eye is above the top and the bottom curve should be even more round than the top.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

sinc posted:

Can’t tell anymore if this is working at all or not, turns out black-on-black is not the easiest color scheme to work with... It’s Behemoth the fat Russian demon cat.

wow!

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

lofi posted:

Ohgod moving house has murdered my art-mojo!

If it makes you feel more motivated, I got your rooster card the other day and my SO absolutely loves it

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
do they still sell gbx boots

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
That cat is precious and the bird reminds me of Link's Awakening :)

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

dupersaurus posted:

Finished carving this thing and did tests, think I’m good to go. Made some design executive decisions mid-carve

Nice! Can I ask where you get your linoleum? I feel like there must be way cheaper options than what I'm seeing on Amazon and in hobby stores.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Al! posted:

a monster

haha

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Really digging those brushstrokes, Al!

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Chip McFuck posted:

New inktober drawing. Just seeing where my mind takes me rather than going after prompts. I call him Orbo.

I'm digging Orbo

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I'm too lazy to get out my nice paints so I used my daughter's crayola watercolors lol

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

three trump moon

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

lofi posted:

Oooh, that's gorgeous! The colours are so ethereal, it really feels glowing and enchanted!

Here's the opposite:

Oh that's really nice. I need to buckle down and do some solely black and white drawings.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I wanna say half an hour or so, but I'm numb and broke brained so goatse didn't even register as anything but lines and tones.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
wow, I love that (imperial?) officer

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Zero points for creativity since it's sketched directly from a GIS pic, but I like how it turned out.

Bonus:

Flavius Aetass fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Oct 8, 2019

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
That's adorable!

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
very cool. Mondrian-like

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
:yeshaha:

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
If a dog had a snake tail, it would be licking his butthole :colbert:

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Sotsa posted:

Hamfistedly trying to actually make the type of dumb joke i base a lot of my pictures on understandable.

Also trying to figure out gravitational lensing around some guy's face is hard lol.

That's badass

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

gmc9987 posted:

I have somehow managed to keep up with Inktober this year.

Gravitational lensing guy is perfect.

I absolutely love these

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

my buddy Superfly posted:

computer load up dog please

give me a printout of dog smiling

can i get a tail wobble?

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Phylodox posted:

I'm pretty sure 90% of an art school professor's job is to tell teenagers to stop drawing animes.

"for the last time, develop fundamentals first, then you can work on your 'style,' whatever that means"

e:

professor: i want your drawings to look like this

student: can i stylize it a bit?

professor: *eye twitches*

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I don't think the drone is reading very well. could be lighter or something to make it pop out a bit

looks great overall

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
dang Al! that's awesome

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
scott weiland lookin good

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
dang, lofi. that owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU