Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MOTYC: Ibushi vs Ospreay : Wrestler Kingdom 13

Even better than the hype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

TTBF posted:

MOTYC: Zack Sabre Jrc vs Tomohiro Ishii for the Rev Pro Undisputed Heavyweight Title - Jan 4th - Wrestle Kingdom 13

Agreed

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

HM - Okada vs Jay White - WrestleKingdom 13 -

Counter Sequences made that match

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MOTYC: Jericho vs Naito - Wrestle Kingdom 13 -

Amazing brawl that actually played into the history of Naito with the IC title

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega (C) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship - New Japan Wrestle Kingdom 13

Everything I wanted/expected and more. How Tanahashi can still do this at this point in his career blows me away and Kenny, of course, is in his prime and it shows.

NTH

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Barbaro Cavernario vs Dragon Lee, CMLL 1/4 Super Fridays

YOU NEED TO SEE THIS MATCH. It starts off feeling like just a match that's going to lead to a rematch next week and that's what makes it so good. It uses the three falls to actually build to the third fall and the third fall is incredible. I just finished Switchblade vs Skipper and this is better than anything I've seen on the Dome thus far.

Second that MOTYC though I though the top 3 Dome matches were better that Third fall was amazing.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

HM: Dragon George & Sweet Gorilla Maruyama vs Ginbae Mask & Gokiburi Mask -

Gokiburi Mask in an evil heel and he enjoyed egging the crowd along. Dragon Geroge also needs to face Okada

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Caristico vs Volador Jr 1/21 NJPW Fantasticamania

Such an utterly ridiculous match with the best stuff both guys have to offer.

Yeah agreed

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

HM: Kushida vs Tanahashi - Great mat wrestling match and I almost bit on that Back to the Future

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Benne posted:

HM: Shingo/BUSHI vs. Desperado/Kanemaru, NJPW New Beginning 2/3

Incredible second half

Agreed

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MOTYC: Switchblade vs Tanahashi - Probably the best Tanahashi/Switchblade match and if you think about the last one where Tana sneaked out a win the finish makes super amount of sense

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Kento Miyahara & Daisuke Sekimoto vs. The World (Hiroshi Tanahashi & Yoshitatsu) - Giant Baba Memorial Show 2/19

Agreed and god I hope we get Kento in the G1 so we get the Tanahashi/Kento single they really want to do.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Takashi Iizuka, Minoru Suzuki & Taichi vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Kazuchika Okada and Toru Yano - NJPW Takashi Iizuka Retirement Match - 2/21

Seriously, a match predominantly focused around Iizuka and Tenzan was good! Full of great callbacks to Iizuka's career and interactions, everybody was in on the joke (including the crowd and commentators) but took it seriously and produced a match that was just plain fun and about the best way a wrestler like Iizuka could ever hope to go out.

Agreed super fun and the best ending

Your Boy Fancy posted:

HM: Shota Umino vs Zack Sabre Jr, Honor Rising Japan 2019, 2/22

What you’re expecting to be a fun romp with the Long Mover turns into a coming out party for Umino. He’s gonna be a loving star.

Agreed again. Umino is going to be a star

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Titan vs Barbaro Cavernario, 2/22 CMLL

WATCH THIS ONCE THE VIDEO IS ON YOUTUBE!

Yup. That third fall was amazing

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Baron La Croix posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs Switchblade Jay White - NJPW 47th Anniversary Show
HM: Jushin Thunder Liger vs Taiji Ishimori

A damned fine show.

forkboy84 posted:

Nth these.

Also want to HM
Bushi and Shingo Takagi vs Roppongi 3K from the same show

Yup agree

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

NTH on MOTYC for Ishii/Nagata that was an amazing night one Match for the New Japan Cup

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

HM: Elgin vs Okada 3/9 NJPW

Thought the first half was clunky but the last ten minutes are fantastic. Especially everything after the Tiger Driver.

Yeah Agreed. Okada still the best at selling and also doing cool moves

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Ibushi vs Naito
HM: Umino vs Tanahashi
HM: ZSJ vs EVIL

Yup

Umino is gonna be so good in a year

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Nth all three

The shot of Shota crawling on around the ring as Tana celebrated with the fans was a good one

They are 100% going to use that shot when Shota faces Tanahashi again in a year or two or when he challenges for the title

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

I'll HM Ishii vs Taichi too.

Agreed

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Reposting here but - https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1106741008035921920

ROH better hope stuff like this doesn't makes waves for their relationship or whelp

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Price Check posted:

HM - Tanahashi vs Taguchi (3/16)
MOTYC - ZSJ vs Ibushi (3/16)

nth

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Toru Yano vs. Colt Cabana, NJPW New Japan Cup Day 8, 3/17
MOTYC: SANADA vs. Minoru Suzuki, NJPW New Japan Cup Day 8, 3/17

The first was hilarious and tremendous fun. The latter was a loving war and both guys came out of it looking like enormous badasses.

Yes

Fun New Japan cup this year with the high end matches being as good as G1

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Burn Down Canberra posted:

As we live in the world where 4 star matches are only hm

Hm ishii v Yoshi hashi new japan cup 20/3/2019
Hm Okada v Ospreay new japan cup 20/3/2019

I liked both matches a lot. I think on the whole ishii v YH was the better match but what was good in Okada v Ospreay was amazing but they were holding back. I’m really into Ospreays story right now trying to establish himself at HW. Being able to beat the big lugs but coming up short against Okada who is both big and skilled. Ospreay crying at the end was a nice touch.

Agreed

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Price Check posted:

HM - Tanahashi vs ZSJ - 3/21 - Not as great as their other matches but I still really enjoyed it.

Yeah it's a solid HM

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Okada vs Ishii
HM: Tanahashi vs Sanada

agreed

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

MOTYC: SANADA vs Kazuchika Okada, NJPW CUP Final, March 24th

I’m not sure if this tops Ishii/Okada but it was a hell of a match that just flew past and had some of the cleverest spots I’ve seen in ages, and the most convincing nearfalls to boot

Yes oh yes

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM: Jeff Cobb vs. Will Ospreay, G1 Supercard 4/6

Agreed

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

HM: Ishimori vs Bandido vs Dragon Lee

Fun three way with some amazing spots

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'll HM the 4 way tag team match just for the PCO bumps

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

HM: ZSJ vs Tanahashi -

Would probably have been a MOTYC if didn't come after a really dumb ROH angle

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Benne posted:

MOTYC: KOTA IBUSHI VS. TETSUYA NAITO, G1 SUPERCARD

JESUS CHRIST

Agreed

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah I'll MYOTC that ladder match even if Melvin won

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

NienNunb posted:

MOTYC: KAZU/JAY WHITE

Yes Kazu is still the best wrestler in the world god drat

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

That Okada/White match has to be one of the best MSG matches right next to Owen/Bret and Razor/Shawn from Mania 10

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Tsukasa Fujimoto vs. TinTin the Giant Panda - Ice Ribbon (3/31)

Backstory: Tsukasa Fujimoto won the women's wrestler of the year award from Tokyo Sports this year. During the Awards Ceremony, Tokyo Sports photographers caught her kissing popular wrestler and giant panda, Andreza the Giant Panda. Andreza's scorned wife TinTin, challenged Fujimoto to a match at Ice Ribbon's Korakuen Hall show and attacked her during a press conference causing Tsukka to be hospitalised.

It's really funny, and also Fujimoto is such a good wrestler that she pulls some generally innovative spots out of a guy in a 7 foot panda costume. The emotional climax of the match is something you need to experience for yourselves.

Nth

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

TriffTshngo posted:

MOTYC: IWGP Intercontinental Championship - Kota Ibushi (c) vs Zack Sabre Jr., Sengoku Lord 4/20

It's their 5th match together and it's on the same level as their other 4. At this point you know what you're getting with these two and it kicks rear end every time.

Yup my favorite ZSJ and Ibushi match this year

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Price Check posted:

HM - SHO & YOH vs. Shingo Takagi & BUSHI - NJPW 4/26

Yeah agreed that was a fun tag match

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

HM: Shingo Takagi/BUSHI vs. Roppongi 3K, Wrestling Hi No Kuni, 26/04

Totally forgot to vote for this but it was real good, mostly cause it focused on the SHO/Shingo feud which is going to loving tear it down at BOSJ

HM: Kazuchika Okada/Tomohiro Ishii vs. SANADA/EVIL

Because duh, of course it was

HM: Taichi vs. Jeff Cobb, Dontaku, 03/05

Big Match Taichi does it again

MOTY: Taiji Ishimori vs. Dragon Lee, Dontaku, 03/05

Holy poo poo this was incredible, there were sequences that I'd never seen before and they blew me away

Yeah nth all of these

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

HM: Will Ospreay/Dragon Lee vs. Taiji Ishimori/El Phantasmo, Dontaku, 04/05

This is El Phantasmo's debut in New Japan and he's every bit as good as the other men in the ring

Jerusalem posted:

MOTY: EVIL vs. Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW Wrestling Dontaku

There are big boy battles and then there is EVIL/Ishii :stonk:

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada (C) vs. SANADA for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Wrestling Dontaku 4/5

The opposite of that EVIL/Ishii match, a long, slowly built up match where they worked their way up to an incredible ending. Okada reminding why he's already at the top, SANADA demonstrating he absolutely belongs in the same picture.

Nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Benne posted:

MOTYC: Shingo Takagi vs. SHO, NJPW BOSJ Night 1

God drat did that live up to the hype

Goddamn yes...Sho and Shingo gonna fight over singles titles for years