Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

jesus WEP posted:

HM: Riho vs Nyla Rose, AEW Dynamite, 2nd October

YUP. i think this match has already made it to the promised land but this was a star making performance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Chris James 2 posted:

MOTYC: Young Bucks vs Private Party, AEW Dynamite 10/9

nth i am a mark

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

TriffTshngo posted:

MOTYC - Minoru Suzuki vs Jushin Thunder Liger (King of Pro Wrestling, 10/14)

i am gonna go with HM, it was real good for all the reasons specified and the post-match was highly emotional but i was promised the literal death of an old man & it did not quite deliver on that

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

SatoshiMiwa posted:

HM: Will Ospreay vs ELP

Finish went a bit too long but that was a fun JR match

i did not mind the bomb throwing but it would have been an amazing finish to do the fake countout straight into a pin. this is a 2nd

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

HM - Juice Robinson vs Lance Archer (King of Pro Wrestling, 10/14)

Real enjoyable plunder match

3rded i think it definitely got to "worth a watch" level

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

TriffTshngo posted:

HM - Kota Ibushi(c) vs EVIL for G1 Briefcase

SatoshiMiwa posted:

HM: Sanada vs Okada

n's for both of those

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

HM Kenny Omega vs Joey Janala - AEW Dark October 15th

a sick nasty bump freakshow but compelling throughout. i am totally over worrying about wrestlers taking too many bumps these deviants love to do it

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Punch McLightning posted:

HM: Lucha Bros. vs. Jungle Express, AEW Dynamite 10/16

Dango Bango posted:

HM: Pac/Mox vs. Page/Omega, AEW Dynamite 10/16

These guys are on another level compared to the rest of the roster. And that's saying a lot.

HM: Jericho vs. Allin, Dynamite 10/16

did not expect to like this many matches this much

ns for all these. i enjoyed the whole show tbh but riho will probably have a better match when she is in there with someone good

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

HM: Yoshinobu Kanemaru & El Desperado vs. El Phantasmo & Taiji Ishimori Road to POWER STRUGGLE ~SUPER Jr. TAG LEAGUE 2019~THU. OCTOBER. 17. 2019

i think approximately the first seven and last two minutes of this match consisted entirely of cheating and in the middle they did some cool moves so if that appeals to your sensibilities "check it out" :thumbsup:

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

MassRafTer posted:

HM: CIMA, T-Hawk and Private Party vs The Rhodes Brothers and Young Bucks, AEW Dark

Super fun 8 man tag. Lots of great spots and some comedy.

it was fun.

leva/nyla was just a bit poo poo it needed to get much funnier to reach WMOTYC. maybe it deserves a DM (Dishonourable Mention)

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

well i am double posting. that was an "nth" for the AEW 8 man tag just previous BTW

Caleb Konley vs. Tad Parker NWA Powerrr Episode 3 22 OCT 2019

i never thought to ask the question "what if a 1992 WCW cruisermatch but with modern moves?" but i found the answer to be quite pleasing

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Procrastinator posted:

Is this hm or motyc? I'll HM the match.

HM was indeed my intention i am really good at this

MOTYC: Nayoa Nomura vs. Kento Miyahara, AJPW Explosion Series (9/3)

no idea who these guys are but i got bored waiting for AEW to come on and watched this. the lads tore it up! i will give it the HM. would probably be a MOTYC if i had any context for what was going on. even i get that blondie is a prick and black hair is the good one

pre-post edit: gently caress it i am going full MOTYC black hair did a rolling pike pin i love that move also the crowd was HOT

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

I salute you for watching this. So, some context, blondie is Kento Miyahara who is the AJPW Triple Crown champ, which as of today he's held for 1 year and 3 days. He's the ace of the company and he knows it, so like you said he's a smug prick. The other guy is Nomura, he's only 25 and is the future of the company. He went to the final of the big AJPW tournament, Champion Carnival this year and generally it's been a break through year for him. So he's the underdog but he's getting closer to Kento each time they face each other.

i feel like knowing this ahead of time will enhance the experience even more so i highly recommend you watch this. thanks for the context FB!

frankenfreak posted:

HM: Copa Antonio Pena - AAA Heroes Immortales 10/19
I'm in the camp of the battle royal part and the absolute insanity of the final two averages out to HM.

yo what if a royal rumble but with cool poo poo instead of bullshit time wasting? also everybody is dressed in stylish and outrageous costumes? what if it turned into a singles match between a mad max smegma crazy dressed for the winter and a dinosaur at the end? and they did a load of incredibly reckless spots?

yeah this was good HM

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Chris James 2 posted:

MOTYC: Private Party vs Lucha Bros, AEW Dynamite 10/23

i think it is only a hm it was not all that fluid between spots

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

HM: Kenny Omega vs Joey Janela, AEW Dynamite 10/23p

i thought it was a real good match but not great. BUT real good tho!

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

MOTYC: bucks vs friends AEW 24 OCT 19

i had a lot of fun with this

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

MOTYC: cody's gang vs. inner circle, dynamite 10/23

gently caress you, i'll tell you what a match is

Yes.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

HM: Moxley vs. Pac, Dynamite 24th OCT (MIGHT BE 23rd AMERICAN TIME)

i am not trying to be contrary it just seems to come naturally to me

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

NuclearPotato posted:

HM: Darby Allen vs. Jimmy Havok vs. Jack Evans - AEW Dark 10/29

if you like WCW hardcore divsion-esque shmozzes you will like this nth

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

HM: Colt Cabana, Mr. Anderson & Nick Aldis defeat James Storm, Royce Isaacs & Thomas Latimer, NWA Powerrr Episode 4 29 October 2019

really fun 6-man tag filmed in the distinctive NWA style with their cool sounding ring. a delight to the senses!

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM: Shanna vs. Hikaru Shida, AEW Dynamite, 10/30

yip

Chris James 2 posted:

HM: The Elite vs Kip Sabian and the Hybrid 2, AEW Dynamite 10/30

yip

oh but seriously I posted:

HM: Lucha Bros vs SCU, AEW Dynamite, 10/30

yip

what it do

do not double count Luchas vs SCU i wanted to do the skip sheffield thing

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Antonio Honda vs. Lulu Pencil - Gatoh Move (10/27)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zx2WeoTGZ8

i was going to be a grouchy old crank about this but the lovely big splashes totally won me over. HM i am still trying to figure out the layout of the Gatoh Move apartment they have these big internal windows with no glass?''

edit: also the finish is loving genius

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

It's on the ground floor those windows lead to the outside.

so why no glass? are they squatting? no judgement

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

There's no glass because it's whole purpose is for these shows. It's been used by various promotions for over a decade now and I think they rent the space from the clinic above.

Thank you kindly.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

HM for KENTA vs. Ishii
MOTY for Ospreay vs. BUSHI

these are my thoughts

i was gonna be a grinch about ospreay/bushi but it got so goofy and then also the post-match so

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

my new way of saying nth is "." if you want to see the lucha bros. version of a bullshit nothing match this is it. the bullshit is of a high quality and still features fenix doing his swank ropewalk & a poison rana

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

MassRafTer posted:

HM just for all the cool poo poo. JUST WATCH IT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdO3wMGEau0

Dinamico, Spyder Boy, Noise Boy & Aguila Oriental vs Mike, Teelo, Canibal & Voltrex from Arena San Juan Pantitlan

Not sure of the date, it won't make the list anyway.

there was indeed quite a lot of cool poo poo in this including but not limited to a dropkick to a suspended rear end in a top hat. also the heel team colour coordinated & also the face team mostly did would have gone full MOTYC if that one rear end in a top hat had bothered to put blue tights on:

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

IceAgeComing posted:

MOTYC: Mei Suruga vs Lulu Pencil, Gatoh Move, 29th September 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpMu1NMX4xQ

i'll give it the HM.

Gatoh Move has English commentary why not? posted:

Lulu Pencil is entertaining to watch

this whole thing built so logically and they were getting huge heat (from a small crowd tbf)

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

MOTYC: Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi vs. Shuji Ishikawa & Suwama, BJW To Was Gat Early (1/3) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGD9rDk9v_0

why are strong BJ not teaming anymore did they fall out? also good lord those are some torsos

HM: Kylie Rae vs. Tessa Blanchard, Zelo Pro Milwaukee Meltdown (1/4) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-oJnJkXj-Q

i watched this one a while ago but i think i forgot to nom it

IceAgeComing posted:

MOTY - the Rookies (Mikoto Shindo, Mei Hoshizuki, Maria) vs Grumpy Vets (Takumi Iroha, Nanae Takahashi, Sareee) 22/7 Marvelous show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viV75EHK_JI

HM for

HM: Soberano Jr. vs. Templario, CMLL on Marca (10/4)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6mPew0s3wE&t=2994s

Trying fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Nov 5, 2019

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

HMs for:

PAC vs. Trent
Emi Sakura & Jamie Hayter vs. Riho and Shanna
Chris Jericho & Sammy Guevara vs. Kenny Omega & Adam Page

All from AEW Dynamite 11/6, goddamn what a show.

nth i forgot how to do that smiley. is it :this:?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

HM: YOUNG BUCKS VS PROUD AND POWERFUL: AEW FULL GEAR 10/11

ortiz is nonstop entertainment

HM: Cody vs Jericho AEW Full Gear 11/9

epic

Chris James 2 posted:

MOTYC: Jon Moxley vs Kenny Omega, AEW Full Gear 11/9

absolute freakshow i was engaged throughout

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Riho (C) vs. Emi Sakura for the AEW Women's Championship - AEW Full Gear 11/9

Match was great, it was only let down by the quiet crowd (which I think was a miccing issue) that kinda deflated things a little. In-ring and character-wise though it was excellent and was right on the cusp of a MOTYC.

i missed this one

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM: PAC vs. Hangman Page, AEW Dynamite 11/13

N

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

HM: Aron Stevens & The Question Mark vs. Colt Cabana & Ricky Starks, NWA Powerrr 20th November 2019

total bullshit novelty match worked predominately around the red hot crowd really loving The Question Mark and really hating Aron Stevens

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

HM: Strong Hearts vs. Young Bucks, AEW 19 November (in America)

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

NienNunb posted:

MOTYC: Fenix/Nick Jackson, Dynamite 11/20

Who predicted a Nick Jackson singles match loving owning this much?

HM: Private Party vs Santana & Ortiz

sportsgenius86 posted:

MOTYC: Mox vs. Darby Allin, AEW Dynamite 11/20

can two matches from the same show both potentially be MOTY? today my answer to that question is yes

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

sportsgenius86 posted:

MOTYC: Bucks & Dustin Rhodes vs. Santana, Ortiz and Sammy Guevara, AEW Dynamite 12/4

big fun!

HM: Fenix vs. Trent, [AEW] Dynamite 12/4

IceAgeComing posted:

HM Shida/Statlander [AEW Dynamite 12/4]

ns. take my ns.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

HM: Aja Kong and Hiroyo Matsumoto vs. Hikaru Shida and Sonoko Kato, OZ Academy (March 17) - https://dai.ly/k6tCYPPJAGZYaCtdXZZ

Fun joshi brawl. Shida and Matsumoto are great in this.

N aja has started doing claw holds as if she was not already the coolest. also her elbow drop is the best. also loving lol at that finishing stretch

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Dango Bango posted:

HM - Cody & QT Marshall vs. The Butcher & The Blade - AEW Dynamite 12/11

I'll throw out an HM for this one. Match was a lot of fun, QT Marshall got over like crazy, and crowd was red hot.

i liked it. i liked it A BUNCH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

hm just means "check it out if you like this kind of thing" it is not something to fret over