Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Why...why would you just walk alongside someone for 11 minutes.

Christ. What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Farecoal posted:

This is a weird thing to feel about any animal. Unless it's an invasive species, but they still have a native range somewhere they should be kept in

In the UK at least there are about 3 times as many deer as there "should" be. I work with a lot of ecologists for an environmental government agency, and they're pretty bloodthirsty when it comes to deer.

It's almost impossible for new woodland to sprout naturally, since the deer like eating the new sprouting trees so much. And deer fencing costs a lot.

You can actually buy venison directly off the RSPB, and it's better than most game too since it's been shot with copper shot.

So, eat wild venison. It's also really good for you.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Whoa don't offend the big Fred Durst fan here by mixing up his boy with LP

I appreciate this post.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Already deleted...

Please don't tell me Phillip Pullman the author is being an rear end.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Hattie Masters posted:

He was not very subtly saying he wishes Boris Johnson was strung up from the nearest lamppost.

Whether or not he still had his internal organs was not mentioned, so I'm assuming no.

Oh, excellent! He's still an ok person.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

What's not to get? Bretbug Stevens is a bedbug.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's an empty podium though

Do you genuinely have trouble reading?

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

https://imgur.com/a/PtIf0D8
Oh no they got to Daniel Dale too :(

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Skwirl posted:

She's loving Matilda.

Well it's 2020 now, being gay is perfectly acceptable and we shouldn't make a big deal out of it.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

One More Fat Nerd posted:

The good thing here is Spielberg is clearly trying to steer Lucas towards not being a huge creepo, and apparently succeeded in the final product.

Well I thought that too, but he does say "and promiscuous, she came onto him". But I guess he could be saying that in a sceptical voice.

He's never struck me as a creep, either way. Though these days who knows.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

"I got moon moon"

Do we really have to do this.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Christ. Their faces. What the gently caress must they be thinking.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I love the smug watch "connoisseurs" in the comments calling people 'broke' (as if they could afford it) and saying people "don't understand movement" and are uneducated. The original tweet doesn't cover any of that. They just say it looks cheap and nasty.

I bet it's awful at keeping time, too. A lot of expensive watches are, Rolexes included.

What a waste of a bid sapphire.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Honestly, Sky News UK is more like CNN. Their brand is stuffy semi-respectable right-leaning centrism, not lunatic far-right propaganda. That's more the reserve of British newspapers like the Sun, Mail, Express, and Telegraph.

Yeah. They're a loooot more subtle than Fox.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

The best part of this one is the replies about how it's...animal cruelty?

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

What, and i cant say this strongly enough, the gently caress is he going on about?

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Are those of you saying that you could only make it X seconds into the video saying that you actually couldn’t take it and had to quit, or is that just the point where you realized it was stupid, so you turned it off?

I mean, it’s dumb, but it’s not that much dumber than a million other videos floating around the internet. I also never understood the effect the foam video seems to have on people.

Different things affect different people in different ways. Who knew?

I really struggle with cringe comedy like Peep show, just can't watch it, it's awful. That foam video is extremely uncomfortable for me to watch.

Charmander video wasn't so bad though, just irritating as gently caress.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Cocaine Bear posted:

Hard rear end motherfucker

That didn't seem right to me, felt like a backronym, did a Google search and this guy seems to agree: https://fromtheholocron.com/blog/2018/08/28/going-ham/

But he also couldn't find out for sure where it did come from so who knows.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Elviscat posted:

With their young age and overall excellent condition of health, I doubt any of the attendees to the Sturgis rally will have to worry about succumbing to COVID.

They'll just, you know, spread it to their families.

...Oh wait I just got the sarcasm. drat.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Intoluene posted:

Having been to a couple of Catholic funerals, holy poo poo are you not joking.

I went to a full on nuptial mass once. The thing went on forever, hour and a half or something? Bunch of us had gone to the pub next door beforehand so it was a bit of a struggle, both with bladder control and concentration. I was sat next to a drunk royal marine who kept making inappropriate comments about the priest so that didnt help.

When we came out the bride went "well that was a bit loving long wasn't it".

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Horace posted:

What on earth would possess them (the Israel account) to tweet that?

They're just trolling. Taking a page out of the trump playbook. They just want to get a rise out of people.

Pathetic, isn't it.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Cleretic posted:

I didn't watch the movie (and I know that's a failure on my part), but according to the replies that's the Prowler's theme from Into the Spider-Verse.

Yeah, and its used really well in the movie too. I think its a slowed down elephant...scream? or something.

What do elephants do? Toot?

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

gently caress me that's excellent. What a good man - and her lovely little tantrum. Lol.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

If you can't see someone riding a penny farthing directly in front of you you definitely shouldn't be allowed to drive.

Replace the numberplate test with that, IMO.

Quite, no matter what the hell that dude was riding (and i hate fixies as much as anyone) that white van dickhead was 100% in the wrong so thats the end of it. The amount of people in the replies to that tweet going "well i dont know who is in the wrong but... let me tell you how much i hate cyclists" makes me loving despair.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

So, funny story. I was in this place (Brixham) today for work. On the way out i saw an old faded banner that said "FISHING FOR LEAVE", something about brixhams fishermen, and "protect britains fish". Ironically, the collapse of the british fishing industry will indeed "protect britains fish" by leaving them in the sea.

Bunch of absolute loving idiots.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

sugar mouse posted:

Fun wax hands fact: my grandad used to work at Madame Tussauds and met many famous people back in the day. He worked on the hands, usually the famous people would come in so they could do a cast of their hands. However for the Pope, he obviously wasn't coming over and also there's a load of rules about the pope's hands so they ended up using my granddad's hands as he was a similar age.

He also got to meet Jimmy Savile. Apparently he was very friendly.

He was even friendlier if you were an 8 year old boy in a psychiatric hospital.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Woozie66 posted:

No worries. It's a very good tweet.

I don't get it. Is it because I am an old? I was expecting some kind of conclusion but it didn't seem to go anywhere. Halp.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Weird response to his statement but ok

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Well poo poo. My parents had this book when I was a kid. I thought it was awesome and used to look at the pictures.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Bitcoin is one of the worst things to ever happen, in terms of us setting the entire planet on fire. People mining bitcoin are burning up more fossil fuels than Argentina.

Yes and it really pisses me off that loving bitcoin cultists don't realise it. Burning that much energy to create...nothing.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Bape Culture posted:

How does that explain the hole behind the mirror? That’s not a normal thing to happen

Yeah it's completely not ok for someone in another apartment to have free access into yours. Or for your landlord not to tell you about any of this poo poo.

Also they were entertaining videos!

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Christ she is annoying. I hate her.

I like that the bird is alive though.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Lets just assume im a loving moron (which is pretty likely) can anyone actually explain this NFT thing? Is it as stupid as it looks, because. gently caress.

Everything is getting more stupid. I cant deal with it.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I think I would use that pretty regularly if it was an emoji. That sums up my mood half the time.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

Don't think or say what

Look they said don't ffs

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

HOly poo poo. *checks google* thats 4 and a half litres of milk a day. wtf.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Oh snap is that Lindsey Stirling?

Not a bad violinist to get for your novelty violin tiktok

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Elon is a dumbass, but this isn’t a witty reply.

He was already talking about his dad’s emeralds. Elon says that they never existed, and that’s allegedly why Sanders hasn’t found them.

Yeah but to know that you'd have to look at Musk's previous lovely tweets. And why would anyone want to do that.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I'm far from a gun expert but is an assault rifle really what you want for hunting pigs anyway?

Surely you need a spear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

D-Pad posted:

Does nobody remember the goon who made a giant gently caress off spear and hunted hogs at night shirtless with night vision goggles and a drone with infrared? He spelled out PETA with pig corpses and posted the pic here. That thread was awesome.

...why do you think I said you should hunt hogs with a spear?