Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Robert Patrick figured that the t100 would not run while showing signs of fatigue because he is a robot so trained really hard to learn how to run and sprint without looking winded. The day came where they were to do the dirt bike chase in the parking garage and no one had seen what he had been prepping. First take he takes off and catches the bike without looking winded at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

zoux posted:

Average over 60 Republican:
https://twitter.com/SongBird4Trump/status/1657875944080637953

Could be a sixth sense situation where you've been dead the whole time and we're all also dead which is why you can read our posts

Only the dead can post on this site. :ms:

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

hallo spacedog posted:

Rumplestiltsgoon

Great username.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
All the people who want to give candy around here just sit out on their porches or shared driveways to pass out candy, no more real door to door. There was supposed to be a world series game until it got weather delayed that night and several people had brought out their TV's to watch while passing out candy.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Not really. State's been pretty lucky with that for the last 7-8 years.

Texas though....

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

It was very egalitarian of him. Truly living up to his name.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
The reviewer was Dean Takahashi, also the reviewer who got stuck on the Cuphead tutorial because he couldn't jump and then dash while in the air.

Just a quick Google couldn't find the original review which he titled Mass Defect and the original publication he works for only has the updated review after he was called out for being an idiot. The updated review is here.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Even when he was doing Brood War dailies from his bedroom he was entertaining. Also I still get a laugh outta remembering the LOTR joke.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
The API charges will be several orders of magnitude higher than the rest of the industry. Also apparently the API is terrible at counting your consumed tokens, saying on one API call that you've consumed 1 of 60 per interval and then the next call saying you've used 500k in a second.

I could put more in here, but I feel like the simplest explanation I can give is that the reddit CEO, in his drive to IPO has made public statements praising Musk's handling of Twitter and thinks Reddit has a lot of positive things to learn/emulate from that.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I thought giving your friends a buzz was called doxxing

That's called docking.

Trabant posted:

The flying corpse of Lobok's grandfather, apparently.

Not everyone has the cash to be a drone corpse aviator. Sometimes you gotta go low tech.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

codo27 posted:

I listen to Conan's podcast when theres a good guest and normally would have been very excited for Harrison Ford but the new Indy was so loving bad I think I'm too bitter to even bother right now.

I specifically didn't read anything about the movie, assuming it would be bad. What made it bad for you?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

codo27 posted:

For me, what makes movies great are great characters. You dont get much inspiration out of Indy in this one. You'd also expect Mads to be a memorable villain, he isn't absolutely awful but really there wasn't much either of them could do with this script. His posse of henchmen are also just utterly, utterly bland, with no explanation ever given for any of them.

Theres no charm to any of it like the originals had, it just goes from action sequence to action sequence and none of them very good. The climax goes completely off the rails, then its basically just hand waved away. Overall, there isn't one good thing to say about it. It makes Crystal Skull look like Raiders.

That's basically word for word how I'd describe Crystal Skull so if this makes that look good in comparison, oof.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Just console your way around the parts that haven't aged well and cruise control your way around the world.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

man I really want to send alex jones that article just to hear how the humster people are going to replace the white race because of the un

Agenda 69

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

MadDogMike posted:

Never met any healsluts as a tank, but if there were DPS who were secret masochists who wanted to get beatings from big monsters, it would sure explain some people constantly pulling aggro.

I think you'll find that every DPS is wholly without fault and if you were just a better tank then nothing would have gone wrong.

At least that is what they always seemed to say as I was rezzing everyone.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

TotalLossBrain posted:

Futurama did this bit whenever Gary Gigex was in the show.

That's when we find out Al Gore is a 10th level vice president.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
For when you want to free ball it at your desk but the privacy board doesn't go all the way down.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

John Lee posted:

You mean, the simple process of go to website, find out website has been shut down, go to a different website, find out it's moved to a new domain but which one is secret, try typing a few country domains in, get in and feel like a hacker, look for the thing you want, find out it's not there, look for another thing you want, find that it's there but the first two seasons are individual downloads and the third is a DVD rip, notice that there's no seeders, look for the THIRD thing you want, torrent program needs to update, then you torrent it, and bing bang boom you're done?

Private trackers aren't hard to get into.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

ultrafilter posted:

A lot of what's published in the journals could reasonably be described as misinformation.

My research with a sample size of 10 people is very important research.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
They put Elon in a magnet to protect him from Zuck, since Magnets are his one robotic weakness.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Besides obviously Darude or Aqua, this is what I think of when I think of Eurodance/EDM from back when.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYQUsp-jxDQ

7/10.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

The booty of Christ

Every Sunday Christians commune to ritually eat the booty of Christ.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Mr Beast was apparently one of the early colluders in the pandemic crypto scams. Not that he minted his own coin that I'm aware of but some finance youtube scammer got him and a couple other youtubers together to collude on some existing coin (or that scammers coin they were going to mint? idk, he's an rear end in a top hat either way) to do basically a pump and dump.

His videos, from someone who doesn't watch but sees titles and thumbnails occasionally, seem to be taking the ideas kids would have that're basically, "wouldn't it be cool if..." and doing them for real.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Ms. Rachel is better.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

That's Mr. Twext to you.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
The portal does not confer momentum, but the object moving through the portal preserves momentum. Thus the answer is obviously C, the portal is too high on the train and they'll be murdered when it runs them over.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Dameius posted:

The portal does not confer momentum, but the object moving through the portal preserves momentum. Thus the answer is obviously C, the portal is too high on the train and they'll be murdered when it runs them over.

Twitter using SA for their hot takes.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

The first girl absolutely will not deal with the tomfoolery of the second

There is a 259,000 word fanfiction that says otherwise.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

goatsestretchgoals posted:

I don’t care how hard you’re partying, your first response to some yelling “jacking off” should not be a high five.

You’re gonna throw off their rhythm and that’s not cool.

Some people enjoy a challenge.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Paper Tiger posted:

Or go for a fist bump, if you're confident you can hit a moving target

If you're going that far might as well head bump.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
The other head bump.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
The Summit to the Compaq Center to loving Lakewood Church. I know a lot of people who still refer to it as the Sunmit or the church at the Summit.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

I've got a few

bsky-social-rurwj-6g37k

bsky-social-aq6sz-dumbe

bsky-social-5gzhf-jgw3v

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Soysaucebeast posted:

My work piloted 4x10s on my shift and even with it still being 40 hours I love it. It's only an extra two hours a day for a whole extra day off and I love that trade. We get to work from home two of those days too, so i don't even have to worry about a commute most of the time. Now if we would just stop having people popping out babies constantly so we could be fully staffed, it would basically be a perfect job.

My favorite shift ever was a 4x10 MTTF on and Wednesday plus the weekend off. This was pre covid so all four days in the office, but if I could get that as wfh now I'd be set.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

sebmojo posted:

I have a million streaming things but the first and best answer to how can I watch x is generally pirate bay

I'll watch a show or movie on one of the streaming services I have access to as long as it's available to make sure it gets view credits but if it's something I like enough to make sure I can watch whenever I'll torrent it because streaming companies have proven that tax write downs are far more important than a compelling library.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Air Skwirl posted:

I mean, there's a bit in the tapes where Henry loving Kissinger has to talk Nixon out of nuking Vietnam. But like everyone in government was taking amphetamines back then.

They still are, but they were too.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

"I love real masculine straight dudes getting together, being straight, shaking hands, doing straight stuff, high-fiving each other without any women around to see. Just hanging around, being straight, not gay, only men. Not gay."

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Beastie posted:

I'm pretty sure every one knows the shrek band sucks, even themselves, and that's what makes them so endearing.

All Star was written for and to their fans because everyone kept bullying kids who said they liked Smash Mouth, lol.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
That's called balut and it's really creamy, but can be a bit weird to eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I don't know when the laws changed but you can balut easily nowadays.