Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Most anticipated new feature
Support for direct neural interface controls
Custom formable internet subculture system
Special mechanics for the Avocado Wars
Province destruction mechanics
View Results

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i've been getting massive slowdowns starting with 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

sullat posted:

I know it might be cheating but if you just go to the Fed panel you can spam the 'bank bailout' button a million times and it will spend ludicrous amounts of money on keeping the economy going.

Although I did notice that like half my population starved to death and the other half was reduced to the 'debt slavery' caste. Must be a bug, since it didn't generate any unrest.

quote:

There's a hidden 'hypernormalization' stat that helps determine how your core pops react to unexpected events. You can't measure it directly but it mostly accumulates based on how many culture points you invest into media and internet tech (multiplied by (GDP + cultural resiliency)). There are a lot of benefits to having a high media score so newbie American players often end up investing a lot into their news orgs. It gives a lot of short term advantages but it gradually increases your hypernormalization score without warning you and then around midgame it suddenly becomes impossible to respond to crises or global event chains and the game becomes unplayable.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Dreylad posted:

Heh, cool I figured out a bug where my country's unemployment rate is at 50% but my economy is fine.

edit: oh what the gently caress

should have read the tooltips on hypernormalization

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I don't think he's a jokester I think he's just dumb

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

the "imperial hegemon" modifier requires you to be first in industry, prestige and military and can be acquired by any tag that meets those conditions. conversely if you lose your top position in ANY of the categories, you lose the benefits but the drawbacks don't go away unless you manage to pass a "reform" decision which has nearly impossible requirements, or switch to a different tag. there's also a bunch of negative events that can fire like "empire in decline" that increases militancy of pops with the reactionary ideology. basically if you lose the "imperial hegemon" modifier you're probably hosed

tbf this is fairly historical looking at the history of pre-bloodstorm polities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Boat Stuck posted:

My modern armor keeps losing to irregular infantry. I thought they fixed the "Spearman vs Tank" bug already?

there might be a severe professionalism gap between your units and theirs.