Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
When's a good time to start going heavy into farming? I've read mixed opinions on it that range from "don't bother at all" to "don't do it until you have a bunch of free biocrust from quests".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

tudabee posted:

Important question: is Unsuur going to be mad at me if I don't have paint for his quest :ohdear: i don't have a blender yet! i really need to stop immediately talking to every blue icon i see

Quests will tell you if they're timed; if there's no listed timer you don't have a timer period. You can make him wait forever for the paint and he won't care.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Phobeste posted:

i don't care what the game says about elsie she is no more than 14 years old. get her out of here. insane way to write a character

It's weird as hell because she looks and behaves like a young teenager, but she's best friends and gets into hijinx with Mi-an, who is generally portrayed as a young adult.

Though honestly, even if Elsie looked and was written less weirdly, marrying her would mean having to have Cooper as a father in law. :yikes:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

Does her English voice sound really young or something? I always just got the impression that she's "a 19-20 y/o who lives at home with her parents (and is obviously getting increasingly frustrated with the situation)." It feels less like "teenager rebelliousness" and more like a sheltered young adult who wants to experience more things and is envious/awkward about her more independent friends/peers.

Edit: I also feel like the builder's age is really ambiguous and could basically be anywhere between like 20 and 35

Her early behavior is, like, little kid level pranks. One of her early quests is "my friend won't take a day off/play with me so i'm going to hide her builder license" like a kid hiding dad's car keys so he won't go to work and will stay home and play.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

except soil level barely matters. it doesn't affect growth speed or crop yield.

What does biocrust even mechanically do besides not having to plant straw squares? I don't even remember.